Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes has improved each year.

2017: 3-8, 2018: 6-5, 2019: 8-3

2020 was 3-3 but really don't count those since its basically covid exhibition games.

Problem is even during the 2019 season even though WT was 8-3 it still seemed like they were still far behind Commerce and Tarleton.

Hard to get rid of a coach with improvement like that every year. There is probably going to be some heat to make the playoffs moving forward.

To the other WT posters. Is WT going to be as good as North Dakota State? No. Is WT going to be as bad as Texas Southern? Also No.

Comment

• I'm hearing that Julius Brown, Lincoln Memorial's starting PG, is transferring to WT. That would help replace some of the juice lost with Grant and Murray leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Your snarky condensation did not go unnoticed.

OMG! Chip made an inappropriate comment!!! He used the word "Japs" instead of Japanese. Off with his head! To the gallows forthwith.

Chip arrested and sent to diversity PC reeducation camp. Chairman Joe and Vice Chair Kamala presiding. Forced to listen to Maxine Water tirades at 90 db for two weeks will be his punishment. That'll do it.

WT and Minnesota State would then be proud of him, Purple Mav. As Chip toes the Frisco Bay line and genuflects to every episode of Reliable Sources, he will always remember the time Purple Man nudged him to engage his softer, more feminine, and socially acceptable side.

He will have forgotten what the Japs did on Dec 7, 1941. Hallelujah, hallelujah! Praise be heaped upon Comrade Purple Mav Man for he hath saved another lost PC sinner in deepest Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
          I'm hearing that Julius Brown, Lincoln Memorial's starting PG, is transferring to WT. That would help replace some of the juice lost with Grant and Murray leaving.
          Would be a great pick up!

Comment

• Instead of my rant, I could have just told you to Go F*ck yourself. But, that would've been pedestrian. Nor would it have been fitting like it seems to be for a Mav alum.

But, still, I wonder what was your initial point? Did you or did you not take offense at my use of the word "Japs?"

A little background. My 30 year Army Sgt father (winner of the Silver Star, Bronze Star, and Army Commendation Medal) always said he never forgave the Japs for the surprise attack they perpetrated at 7:55 am Sun 7 Dec 41. Maybe because his older brother's best friend died that day deep in the bowels of the ship Oklahoma. Perhaps that was what piqued my interest in his distaste for the Japanese. Being a history major I found it enlightening learning about the treachery of the Emperor and his military. The people of Japan overwhelming supported waging war on America. Anybody who studied the Japanese understands their inherent belief in their racial superiority. It was an underlying factor in their right of conquest.

Even a cursory study of Japan's occupations of Korea, Manchuria, Indo-China, the Philippines, and China will sicken the student. Japan's inhumanity and detestable brutality made them the Nazis of the Far East. War Crimes committed by War Criminals do disservice to the terms. Does the 'Rape of Nanjing, 'Bangka Island Massacre,' extermination of merchant sailor survivors, routine starvation, beatings, and withholding of medical attention in POW camps, and the 'Battan Death March' ring bells?

The rest of the story.
            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-19-2021, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              . You got what you deserved as a human.
              Ohhhhh SNAP!!

This is not my fight.....but even if a person is ignorant,, irresponsible, and small-minded, they do not deserve to be paralyzed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Instead of my rant, I could have just told you to Go F*ck yourself. But, that would've been pedestrian. Nor would it have been fitting like it seems to be for a Mav alum.

But, still, I wonder what was your initial point? Did you or did you not take offense at my use of the word "Japs?"

A little background. My 30 year Army Sgt father (winner of the Silver Star, Bronze Star, and Army Commendation Medal) always said he never forgave the Japs for the surprise attack they perpetrated at 7:55 am Sun 7 Dec 41. Maybe because his older brother's best friend died that day deep in the bowels of the ship Oklahoma. Perhaps that was what piqued my interest in his distaste for the Japanese. Being a history major I found it enlightening learning about the treachery of the Emperor and his military. The people of Japan overwhelming supported waging war on America. Anybody who studied the Japanese understands their inherent belief in their racial superiority. It was an underlying factor in their right of conquest.

Even a cursory study of Japan's occupations of Korea, Manchuria, Indo-China, the Philippines, and China will sicken the student. Japan's inhumanity and detestable brutality made them the Nazis of the Far East. War Crimes committed by War Criminals do disservice to the terms. Does the 'Rape of Nanjing, 'Bangka Island Massacre,' extermination of merchant sailor survivors, routine starvation, beatings, and withholding of medical attention in POW camps, and the 'Battan Death March' ring bells?

The rest of the story.

Comment

• Comment

• Boy oh boy. I really have to laugh but in your case it's not funny to you. It wasn't till you pulled out the old Go Fa*ck yourself that I decided to respond with well whatever it was. I heard my old man say "I still haven't forgiven the Japs" hundreds times through the years. It was always said in jest with a smile on his face.....as he was making a point. Had you been in my presence when I said "I still haven't forgiven the Japs" you'd have known it was said in jest, tongue-in-cheek. But NO......I get the old Go Fa*ck yourself. And I dredge up accurate historical facts about Japanese WW2 atrocities that were pretty accurate and indicative of the societal and cultural attitudes that existed prior to....say 1945. Yes, things in Japan and the Japanese have changed (to say the least). And now, you're umbrage at my remarks, which you would have recognized as ridiculous had you been in my presence ("I STILL haven't forgiven the Japs for WW2"), make righteous sense because of your Japanese wife.

Those who know me and are around me know I have an extraordinarily dry sense of humor and a sense of sublimity and tongie-in-cheekiness (is that a proper phrase?) that often goes unrecognized by the unsuspecting. In this unique situation (your wife's racial background) your offense to my not-intended-to-hurt throwaway line is highly understandable. You took it personally. I understand. I will not use that phrase again on here. I apologize to you.

Oh, by the way, this rhythm deficient honkie is burdened (said very dryly and besides she'll never see this) by his HISPANIC wife of 42 years and his biracial children and grandchild for which he wouldn't trade you.

Again, my apology. No hurt to you or anyone was intended. Just puleeze don't surprise attack me in the future.
                    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-20-2021, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                      You crossed the line of indecency with this remark. Its repulsive and inhumane at best. You might want to tap the brakes a little in your anger for future reference. I've battled anger issues a lot in my life as a teenager and young adult so I get lashing out but this is unacceptable on any forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

You crossed the line of indecency with this remark. Its repulsive and inhumane at best. You might want to tap the brakes a little in your anger for future reference. I've battled anger issues a lot in my life as a teenager and young adult so I get lashing out but this is unacceptable on any forum.
                        So is racism.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

So is racism.
                          No argument here. God is no respecter of persons.

Comment

So is racism.
                            I agree Pops. My remark, unintended as it was to cause hurt to anyone, was wrong. Especially in today's PC climate. I should have said Japanese instead of you-know-what.

Anyone who has met me, including decades of athletes and coaches and hundreds of direct employees, know I am many things. A racist is not one of those things. I know you were not implying I am. And I don't want to protest too much. Which it seems I am. Ha!

However, I do think skins of every color (since slice-and-dice color tribalism is the soup d' jour) are too thin today and need to thicken up. A lot. I don't get offended at fat jokes. Do you, Pops? Should I be offended if the shoes (pants) don't fit? Should I be offended when Dave Chapelle mocks white people, or blacks, or Asians? Is he a racist? Were I a thin-skinned white, black, brown, or yellow person on the constant edge of finding offense at every single word, inflection, look, or put-down, yes, of course I would take offense. Offense to be triggered like my Sheltie's pointed ears. A hair trigger. Ha! Should I demand an apology? Or should I just change the channel? If Chapelle's white schtick has some truth in it, it's probably funny. So is his schtick about blacks. I don't get offended at white jokes. I laugh. I laugh at black jokes. And Asian jokes. If they're funny. My use of the J word was not used pejoratively. It wasn't used as a joke either but (in context) as a wise-ass aside. Some people don't get me. Just like a thin-skinned whitey might get all bent out of shape when Chapelle makes fun of him. Oh. well, that's life.

People have lost the art of self-reflection and the ability to laugh at oneself. Off course we all know that you laugh at yourself often and loudly! I know I do. That's a good thing! Right?
                            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-20-2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• So, let's address this player leaving, loyalty thing....

SCENARIO 1: 2022 - The top DII QB recruit, Dusty Fields, receives 10 great offers and selects WTAMU. Signs his LOI and attends WTAMU.

Fall 2022 - Dusty Fields becomes the starting QB, performs well, and wins the LSC and two play-off games. He is praised and the Buffoon Alums sing glory to his name. What a QB!! The smack talk on the D2 message board is at an all time high. Buffoon Alums are beside themselves. They see Dusty as the QB of the future and a chance to perhaps compete for a NC next year. What a great time to be a Buffoon!

Spring 2023 - Because of his amazing play, Dusty gets an opportunity to move up to a D1 and become the starting QB. So, he transfers. This is a GREAT opportunity for Dusty. Maybe he will get the chance to truly live his dream of going to the league. Something he has been working towards for 13+ years. However, he is then an A**hole for transferring, gets bashed by every Buffoon alum and "how dare he show this type of disloyalty when he was given such a great opportunity here at WT. We HATE him and if he blows a knee and destroys his career, he deserves what he gets! Don't let the door hit him in the arse". Dusty Fields becomes the most hated name in WTAMU football history.

SCENARIO 2: 2022 - The top DII QB recruit, Dusty Fields, receives 10 great offers and selects WTAMU. Signs his LOI and attends WTAMU.

Fall 2022 - Dusty Fields becomes the starting QB, performs well, and wins the LSC and two play-off games. He is praised and the Buffoon Alums sing glory to his name. What a QB!! The smack talk on the D2 message board is at an all time high. Buffoon Alums are beside themselves. They see Dusty as the QB of the future and a chance to perhaps compete for a NC next year. What a great time to be a Buffoon!

December 2023 - "The Hunter" Hughes gets a call from a D1 (FBS) QB, Zippy Unitas, looking to transfer to WTAMU. This Zippy guy is the real SHIZNIT. He transfers to WTAMU. The Buffoon Alums are blowing up the D2 message board. The excitement for Fall 2023 is overwhelming.

Fall 2023 - Zippy Unitas becomes the starter. He performs very well and takes WTAMU to a NC, only losing by 3 pts. The Buffoon Alums are ESTATIC. They recreate the word "Bragging". Zippy is the next coming of geezus according to the alum. Zippy Unitas is the greatest QB to ever play football at WTAMU and the Buffoon Alums are already discussing where to erect the bronze statue of Zippy.

December 2023 - Ummmmmmm.......What happened to Dusty? Where the fauck was the TEAM LOYALTY to him? The COACHES LOYALTY? The BUFFOON ALUMS LOYALTY? He worked hard....did what he was supposed to do....won a LSC Championship. What happened??? Are "The Hunter" and Buffoon Alums all A**holes for not showing loyalty? Should they be bashed by everyone? "How dare they show this type of disloyalty to Zippy when he gave them a Conference Championship and worked so hard?

CONCLUSION - No one gives a sh!t about players. Not the coaches, not the trainers, not the students, fans, or even the mighty alum. They are simply PAWNS. They are only useful IF and while they are making the school and alums look good. As soon as they do not....or get injured.....or someone better comes along, they are dropped and forgotten like that nasty azz Subway sandwich you ate and sh!t out in 1993. 100% FACT!!

So, PLEASE save all your WUSSY cries of disloyalty and player bashing when all they did is get an opportunity to better their situation. Until YOU walk in their shoes, please shut the fauck up!

**To the HATER's....save your breath. I am not upset, unhinged, or ranting at all. I am 100% calm. Just calling it EXACTLY how it is.

Comment

So, let's address this player leaving, loyalty thing....

SCENARIO 1: 2022 - The top DII QB recruit, Dusty Fields, receives 10 great offers and selects WTAMU. Signs his LOI and attends WTAMU.

Spring 2023 - Because of his amazing play, Dusty gets an opportunity to move up to a D1 and become the starting QB. So, he transfers. This is a GREAT opportunity for Dusty. Maybe he will get the chance to truly live his dream of going to the league. Something he has been working towards for 13+ years. However, he is then an A**hole for transferring, gets bashed by every Buffoon alum and "how dare he show this type of disloyalty when he was given such a great opportunity here at WT. We HATE him and if he blows a knee and destroys his career, he deserves what he gets! Don't let the door hit him in the arse". Dusty Fields becomes the most hated name in WTAMU football history.

SCENARIO 2: 2022 - The top DII QB recruit, Dusty Fields, receives 10 great offers and selects WTAMU. Signs his LOI and attends WTAMU.

December 2023 - "The Hunter" Hughes gets a call from a D1 (FBS) QB, Zippy Unitas, looking to transfer to WTAMU. This Zippy guy is the real SHIZNIT. He transfers to WTAMU. The Buffoon Alums are blowing up the D2 message board. The excitement for Fall 2023 is overwhelming.

Fall 2023 - Zippy Unitas becomes the starter. He performs very well and takes WTAMU to a NC, only losing by 3 pts. The Buffoon Alums are ESTATIC. They recreate the word "Bragging". Zippy is the next coming of geezus according to the alum. Zippy Unitas is the greatest QB to ever play football at WTAMU and the Buffoon Alums are already discussing where to erect the bronze statue of Zippy.

December 2023 - Ummmmmmm.......What happened to Dusty? Where the fauck was the TEAM LOYALTY to him? The COACHES LOYALTY? The BUFFOON ALUMS LOYALTY? He worked hard....did what he was supposed to do....won a LSC Championship. What happened??? Are "The Hunter" and Buffoon Alums all A**holes for not showing loyalty? Should they be bashed by everyone? "How dare they show this type of disloyalty to Zippy when he gave them a Conference Championship and worked so hard?

CONCLUSION - No one gives a sh!t about players. Not the coaches, not the trainers, not the students, fans, or even the mighty alum. They are simply PAWNS. They are only useful IF and while they are making the school and alums look good. As soon as they do not....or get injured.....or someone better comes along, they are dropped and forgotten like that nasty azz Subway sandwich you ate and sh!t out in 1993. 100% FACT!!

So, PLEASE save all your WUSSY cries of disloyalty and player bashing when all they did is get an opportunity to better their situation. Until YOU walk in their shoes, please shut the fauck up!

**To the HATER's....save your breath. I am not upset, unhinged, or ranting at all. I am 100% calm. Just calling it EXACTLY how it is.

So, what you're saying is regardless of scenario..........SCREW 'EM ALL! I can go along with that. Works for me. Ha! All you can ever count on is who shows up to play TODAY.

Next man up. Whoops......jeeez, I did it again. Now an anti-feminist, gender-damaged, sexist remark. Pleeeease, no one take offense. Blame it on the decade I was born into. Not me.
                                Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-20-2021, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X