Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I agree Pops. My remark, unintended as it was to cause hurt to anyone, was wrong. Especially in today's PC climate. I should have said Japanese instead of you-know-what.

Anyone who has met me, including decades of athletes and coaches and hundreds of direct employees, know I am many things. A racist is not one of those things. I know you were not implying I am. And I don't want to protest too much. Which it seems I am. Ha!

However, I do think skins of every color (since slice-and-dice color tribalism is today's soup d' jour) are too thin today and need to thicken up. A lot. I don't get offended at fat jokes. Should I be offended if the shoes (pants) don't fit? Should I be offended when Dave Chapelle mocks white people, or blacks, or Asians? Is he a racist? Were I a thin-skinned white, black, brown, or yellow person on the constant edge of finding offense at every single word, inflection, look, or put-down, yes, of course I would take offense. Offense to be triggered like my Sheltie's pointed ears. A hair trigger. Ha! Should I demand an apology? Or should I just change the channel? If Chapelle's white schtick has some truth in it, it's probably funny. So is his schtick about blacks. I don't get offended at white jokes. I laugh. I laugh at black jokes. And Asian jokes. If they're funny. My use of the J word was not used pejoratively. It wasn't used as a joke either but (in context) as a wise-ass aside. Some people don't get me. Just like a thin-skinned whitey might get all bent out of shape when Chapelle makes fun of him. Oh. well, that's life.

People have lost the art of self-reflection and the ability to laugh at oneself. Off course we all know that you laugh at yourself often and loudly! I know I do. That's a good thing! Right?
    Chip.....Much of what you say is not the same for whites (anglos.....English, Irish, Germans, Slovaks, etc...) as it is minorities. You can never truly understand until you actually walk in the shoes of minorities. Even being married to one does not make you truly understand. It is NOT the same. Never will be.

However, I do get where you are coming from. I do not think you are a racist by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think you are part of an aging population who was raised much differently than today's generation and in a completely different society. You probably heard the "N" word dropped millions of times in your life. Those were different times. What was acceptable even 10 years ago is no longer acceptable. Not because people are "PC"....but because it is no longer tolerated by those that have been oppressed for so long. People aren't cowering like they used to. They are standing up and fighting against racism.

Trust me, you know I am FAR from PC, however, I am extremely diversified. Because I am a 1st generation American (paternally) and 2nd generation American (maternally) and ALSO being in an interracial relationship for over 30 years, I walk in different shoes than the average American majority.

I do not want to get too deep into this on a football message board, but everyone SHOULD engage in discussion, be broad-minded, and seek diversity training or education to help understand society and where it is heading.

Comment

So, what you're saying is regardless of scenario..........SCREW 'EM ALL! I can go along with that. Works for me. Ha! All you can ever count on is who shows up to play TODAY.

Next man up. Whoops......jeeez, I did it again. Now an anti-feminist, gender-damaged, sexist remark. Pleeeease, no one take offense. Blame it on the decade I was born into. Not me.
      HAHAHAHAHA. It's misogynism!

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        So, let's address this player leaving, loyalty thing....

SCENARIO 1: 2022 - The top DII QB recruit, Dusty Fields, receives 10 great offers and selects WTAMU. Signs his LOI and attends WTAMU.

Fall 2022 - Dusty Fields becomes the starting QB, performs well, and wins the LSC and two play-off games. He is praised and the Buffoon Alums sing glory to his name. What a QB!! The smack talk on the D2 message board is at an all time high. Buffoon Alums are beside themselves. They see Dusty as the QB of the future and a chance to perhaps compete for a NC next year. What a great time to be a Buffoon!

Spring 2023 - Because of his amazing play, Dusty gets an opportunity to move up to a D1 and become the starting QB. So, he transfers. This is a GREAT opportunity for Dusty. Maybe he will get the chance to truly live his dream of going to the league. Something he has been working towards for 13+ years. However, he is then an A**hole for transferring, gets bashed by every Buffoon alum and "how dare he show this type of disloyalty when he was given such a great opportunity here at WT. We HATE him and if he blows a knee and destroys his career, he deserves what he gets! Don't let the door hit him in the arse". Dusty Fields becomes the most hated name in WTAMU football history.

SCENARIO 2: 2022 - The top DII QB recruit, Dusty Fields, receives 10 great offers and selects WTAMU. Signs his LOI and attends WTAMU.

Fall 2022 - Dusty Fields becomes the starting QB, performs well, and wins the LSC and two play-off games. He is praised and the Buffoon Alums sing glory to his name. What a QB!! The smack talk on the D2 message board is at an all time high. Buffoon Alums are beside themselves. They see Dusty as the QB of the future and a chance to perhaps compete for a NC next year. What a great time to be a Buffoon!

December 2023 - "The Hunter" Hughes gets a call from a D1 (FBS) QB, Zippy Unitas, looking to transfer to WTAMU. This Zippy guy is the real SHIZNIT. He transfers to WTAMU. The Buffoon Alums are blowing up the D2 message board. The excitement for Fall 2023 is overwhelming.

Fall 2023 - Zippy Unitas becomes the starter. He performs very well and takes WTAMU to a NC, only losing by 3 pts. The Buffoon Alums are ESTATIC. They recreate the word "Bragging". Zippy is the next coming of geezus according to the alum. Zippy Unitas is the greatest QB to ever play football at WTAMU and the Buffoon Alums are already discussing where to erect the bronze statue of Zippy.

December 2023 - Ummmmmmm.......What happened to Dusty? Where the fauck was the TEAM LOYALTY to him? The COACHES LOYALTY? The BUFFOON ALUMS LOYALTY? He worked hard....did what he was supposed to do....won a LSC Championship. What happened??? Are "The Hunter" and Buffoon Alums all A**holes for not showing loyalty? Should they be bashed by everyone? "How dare they show this type of disloyalty to Zippy when he gave them a Conference Championship and worked so hard?

CONCLUSION - No one gives a sh!t about players. Not the coaches, not the trainers, not the students, fans, or even the mighty alum. They are simply PAWNS. They are only useful IF and while they are making the school and alums look good. As soon as they do not....or get injured.....or someone better comes along, they are dropped and forgotten like that nasty azz Subway sandwich you ate and sh!t out in 1993. 100% FACT!!

So, PLEASE save all your WUSSY cries of disloyalty and player bashing when all they did is get an opportunity to better their situation. Until YOU walk in their shoes, please shut the fauck up!

**To the HATER's....save your breath. I am not upset, unhinged, or ranting at all. I am 100% calm. Just calling it EXACTLY how it is.

Not all of us feel that way. I've left jobs to accept better ones. I can't fault a player that wants to play in a higher division or better school.

My first job out of school was with a Halliburton company. When I resigned after about 4 years to move elsewhere, I got a lot of anger from management. Too bad. It was a great move.

Comment

Chip.....Much of what you say is not the same for whites (anglos.....English, Irish, Germans, Slovaks, etc...) as it is minorities. You can never truly understand until you actually walk in the shoes of minorities. Even being married to one does not make you truly understand. It is NOT the same. Never will be.

However, I do get where you are coming from. I do not think you are a racist by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think you are part of an aging population who was raised much differently than today's generation and in a completely different society. You probably heard the "N" word dropped millions of times in your life. Those were different times. What was acceptable even 10 years ago is no longer acceptable. Not because people are "PC"....but because it is no longer tolerated by those that have been oppressed for so long. People aren't cowering like they used to. They are standing up and fighting against racism.

Trust me, you know I am FAR from PC, however, I am extremely diversified. Because I am a 1st generation American (paternally) and 2nd generation American (maternally) and ALSO being in an interracial relationship for over 30 years, I walk in different shoes than the average American majority.

I do not want to get too deep into this on a football message board, but everyone SHOULD engage in discussion, be broad-minded, and seek diversity training or education to help understand society and where it is heading.
          Pops, I grew up in a household where I NEVER, EVER heard the N word used. I have never used the N word. (In fact I only hear blacks use the N word. Why is that?) I have never even thought of dong such a thing. My mind doesn't work that way. My Dad always taught us to treat everybody the same, regardless of color. My white liberal Presbyterian mother drove that nail home deep into the wood. I've always tried to do that. I truly have. Also, if I heard it once I heard it a thousand times..."If sticks and stones will break my bones, words will never hurt me. Say it, John." And I said it. Lots and lots. I guess I have a thick skin. Words have never hurt me. They roll off my back. Ha! And yet I let myself take offense at "Go Fa*ck yourself" from a hyper-sensitive type. Let's mark that one up as a win for the badness of social media. Ha!

I have to be more careful today and censor what I say. So many fragile minds. So many. Quite a few on here. It's like walking your St. Bernard thru a shop full of shelves bulging with fine thin crystal champagne flutes. So easy to break something. I need to be mindful of that.

OK. Let's get back to FB.
          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-20-2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Pops, I grew up in a household where I NEVER, EVER heard the N word used. I have never used the N word. (In fact I only hear blacks use the N word. Why is that?) I have never even thought of dong such a thing. My mind doesn't work that way. My Dad always taught us to treat everybody the same, regardless of color. My white liberal Presbyterian mother drove that nail home deep into the wood. I've always tried to do that. I truly have. Also, if I heard it once I heard it a thousand times..."If sticks and stones will break my bones, words will never hurt me. Say it, John." And I said it. Lots and lots. I guess I have a thick skin. Words have never hurt me. They roll off my back. Ha! And yet I let myself take offense at "Go Fa*ck yourself" from a hyper-sensitive type. Let's mark that one up as a win for the badness of social media. Ha!

I have to be more careful today and censor what I say. So many fragile minds. So many. Quite a few on here. It's like walking your St. Bernard thru a shop full of shelves bulging with fine thin crystal champagne flutes. So easy to break something. I need to be mindful of that.

OK. Let's get back to FB.
            Ok, I am ALL FOR THAT.....but this is a WT BB thread. 707070707

Comment

Ok, I am ALL FOR THAT.....but this is a WT BB thread. 707070707
              Hard to remember.

Comment

.No. I created my career.

They had a great job playing for a NC. Screw 'em. I stand by my comment.

I still haven't forgiven the Japs for Pearl Harbor.
                Have you forgiven the southern states for the Civil War? Seems that would be seen as more even traitorous, and obviously was much more deadly, than Pearl Harbor.

Comment

• Can you guys knock it off. Thank you.

Comment

So, let's address this player leaving, loyalty thing....

SCENARIO 1: 2022 - The top DII QB recruit, Dusty Fields, receives 10 great offers and selects WTAMU. Signs his LOI and attends WTAMU.

Spring 2023 - Because of his amazing play, Dusty gets an opportunity to move up to a D1 and become the starting QB. So, he transfers. This is a GREAT opportunity for Dusty. Maybe he will get the chance to truly live his dream of going to the league. Something he has been working towards for 13+ years. However, he is then an A**hole for transferring, gets bashed by every Buffoon alum and "how dare he show this type of disloyalty when he was given such a great opportunity here at WT. We HATE him and if he blows a knee and destroys his career, he deserves what he gets! Don't let the door hit him in the arse". Dusty Fields becomes the most hated name in WTAMU football history.

SCENARIO 2: 2022 - The top DII QB recruit, Dusty Fields, receives 10 great offers and selects WTAMU. Signs his LOI and attends WTAMU.

December 2023 - "The Hunter" Hughes gets a call from a D1 (FBS) QB, Zippy Unitas, looking to transfer to WTAMU. This Zippy guy is the real SHIZNIT. He transfers to WTAMU. The Buffoon Alums are blowing up the D2 message board. The excitement for Fall 2023 is overwhelming.

Fall 2023 - Zippy Unitas becomes the starter. He performs very well and takes WTAMU to a NC, only losing by 3 pts. The Buffoon Alums are ESTATIC. They recreate the word "Bragging". Zippy is the next coming of geezus according to the alum. Zippy Unitas is the greatest QB to ever play football at WTAMU and the Buffoon Alums are already discussing where to erect the bronze statue of Zippy.

December 2023 - Ummmmmmm.......What happened to Dusty? Where the fauck was the TEAM LOYALTY to him? The COACHES LOYALTY? The BUFFOON ALUMS LOYALTY? He worked hard....did what he was supposed to do....won a LSC Championship. What happened??? Are "The Hunter" and Buffoon Alums all A**holes for not showing loyalty? Should they be bashed by everyone? "How dare they show this type of disloyalty to Zippy when he gave them a Conference Championship and worked so hard?

CONCLUSION - No one gives a sh!t about players. Not the coaches, not the trainers, not the students, fans, or even the mighty alum. They are simply PAWNS. They are only useful IF and while they are making the school and alums look good. As soon as they do not....or get injured.....or someone better comes along, they are dropped and forgotten like that nasty azz Subway sandwich you ate and sh!t out in 1993. 100% FACT!!

So, PLEASE save all your WUSSY cries of disloyalty and player bashing when all they did is get an opportunity to better their situation. Until YOU walk in their shoes, please shut the fauck up!

**To the HATER's....save your breath. I am not upset, unhinged, or ranting at all. I am 100% calm. Just calling it EXACTLY how it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                      Can you guys knock it off. Thank you.
                      First time I have ever agreed with Herb
                      ]

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                        Can you guys knock it off. Thank you.
                        We have. You're welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Have you forgiven the southern states for the Civil War? Seems that would be seen as more even traitorous, and obviously was much more deadly, than Pearl Harbor.
                          Knock it off. This is a sports MB.

Comment

• I agree, 100%. It gives me agitare (Italian for like indigestion).

Comment

• Man. I take a 2 day break from the board and come back to this? I think most people on here are forgetting the fact that the NCAA has made it easier for student athletes to transfer. If you go back to the 1 year sit out rule for transferring then it stops in a hurry. Unfortunately looks like this is the norm according to this article.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...e-eligibility/

1,400 basketball players in the NCAA transfer portal? How is that even possible?

Interesting that Athletes in most Division I sports have not been subject to the rule requiring transfers to sit a season. The rule has applied only to athletes in football, baseball, men's ice hockey and men's or women's basketball, which are the NCAA's most popular sports.

This "free agency" stuff slowly turned me off pro sports especially baseball where I only get to watch my favorite star player for a few years on the Rangers before the Yankees or Dodgers sign them for a $350 million dollar contract. Sucks that you may only get to see your star college player for only a year unless you are a fan of Alabama, Gonzaga, etc.

Comment

• In the meantime, WT BB announced the transfer of 6'4 guard Larry Wise. A transfer from North Texas, a 3 star Rivals recruit and ranked the #9 Texas HS player his senior year, Wise was a HS teammate of Qua Grant who just transferred from WT to Wichita State.

Don't expect Wise to hang around for 3 years. If he has a good rehab season at WT, he'll transfer back to the Bigs after his year in AAA ball.

Another reason WT should entertain a move to the WAC (if ever invited).
                                Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-21-2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X