Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    In the meantime, WT BB announced the transfer of 6'4 guard Larry Wise. A transfer from North Texas, a 3 star Rivals recruit and ranked the #9 Texas HS player his senior year, Wise was a HS teammate of Qua Grant who just transferred from WT to Wichita State.

Don't expect Wise to hang around for 3 years. If he has a good rehab season at WT, he'll transfer back to the Bigs after his year in AAA ball.

Another reason WT should entertain a move to the WAC (if ever invited).
    Not sure, but I think the ball is in WT's court as far as the WAC is concerned. But, I could be wrong as the WAC was visiting UIW but left unimpressed and from what NMSU AD said WAC will take a pass on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I have resisted it until the end but its time as well. The real question is how the LSC is going to look once the Southland reaches out and starts poaching schools away. If only one or two schools max leave then the LSC can possibly stay competitive by poaching a UCO or CSUP. If its a mass exodus and WT is left with the LSC filling the spots with D3 schools or WT has to join the RAMC, GAC, or GNAC then its game over.

There are several sports out there besides football that WT can get national exposure at the D1 level and may stop this transfer stuff once WT is there. WAC or bust in my opinion.
      I agree,, WT can compete in Baseball as well as Track and Golf, Soccer. Grand Canyon moved to D1 and has had pretty good basketball teams, made the big dance this year and look at ACU.

Comment

In the meantime, WT BB announced the transfer of 6'4 guard Larry Wise. A transfer from North Texas, a 3 star Rivals recruit and ranked the #9 Texas HS player his senior year, Wise was a HS teammate of Qua Grant who just transferred from WT to Wichita State.

Don't expect Wise to hang around for 3 years. If he has a good rehab season at WT, he'll transfer back to the Bigs after his year in AAA ball.

I would expect WT to be invited,, geographically a good fit. Its a shorter bus ride to Phoenix to plan Grand Canyon , then to deep south Texas to play in Kingsville. Grand Canyon packs the house for basketball and all games are televised in AZ. Lets move up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bufffan78 View Post

I would expect WT to be invited,, geographically a good fit. Its a shorter bus ride to Phoenix to plan Grand Canyon , then to deep south Texas to play in Kingsville. Grand Canyon packs the house for basketball and all games are televised in AZ. Lets move up.
          And yes this is a sports message board,, discuss racism on twitter or fb... I really sick of all the racism talk over the last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Not sure, but I think the ball is in WT's court as far as the WAC is concerned. But, I could be wrong as the WAC was visiting UIW but left unimpressed and from what NMSU AD said WAC will take a pass on them.
            Yes UIW has high school type facilities.. WT best fit from schools they are looking at.

Comment

Chip its my understanding that you can only do the transfer portal thing once. After that its original rules where you have to sit out a year to transfer again.

Side note: Looks like university athletics may have to hire a general manager like baseball if kids play for just one year and become a free agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Chip its my understanding that you can only do the transfer portal thing once. After that its original rules where you have to sit out a year to transfer again.

Side note: Looks like university athletics may have to hire a general manager like baseball if kids play for just one year and become a free agent.
                My understanding, and my wife routinely reminds me of how often I'm wrong, is that this is a free year. If a kid transfers this year, only then does the 1 transfer rule become effective. So, if Wise comes in and averages 22 and 6 in another 30 win season for WT, he'll be eligible to transfer. If I'm wrong, would someone please get me right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

WT has not received an invite from WAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Maybe not directly but they have been contacted.

Comment

• No conference is going to publicly invite a school unless the matter is already decided. My contact at SHSU says that the WAC has made several overtures to WT and that WT is staying in the LSC.

Comment

Comment

• My guess is there are lots of informal quiet-like discussions between WT, local corporation and business leaders, and wealthier alums who have traditionally backed WT. Add in some newer Metro area blood and we'll see whether sufficient financial support exists to underwrite a sustaining Buff move to D1.

AD McB and Dr. Wendler are neither short-sighted nor without a vision . Anything but. Nor are they reckless. My opinion is, unless they are convinced they have their ducks lined up, in the same pond, and all floating in the same direction, WT will stay put. If they see the advantage in D1 and the means to make it happen, and those bathtub duckies are of the same flock, they'll grab it.
                          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-23-2021, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Boy oh boy. I really have to laugh but in your case it's not funny to you. It wasn't till you pulled out the old Go Fa*ck yourself that I decided to respond with well whatever it was. I heard my old man say "I still haven't forgiven the Japs" hundreds times through the years. It was always said in jest with a smile on his face.....as he was making a point. Had you been in my presence when I said "I still haven't forgiven the Japs" you'd have known it was said in jest, tongue-in-cheek. But NO......I get the old Go Fa*ck yourself. And I dredge up accurate historical facts about Japanese WW2 atrocities that were pretty accurate and indicative of the societal and cultural attitudes that existed prior to....say 1945. Yes, things in Japan and the Japanese have changed (to say the least). And now, you're umbrage at my remarks, which you would have recognized as ridiculous had you been in my presence ("I STILL haven't forgiven the Japs for WW2"), make righteous sense because of your Japanese wife.

Those who know me and are around me know I have an extraordinarily dry sense of humor and a sense of sublimity and tongie-in-cheekiness (is that a proper phrase?) that often goes unrecognized by the unsuspecting. In this unique situation (your wife's racial background) your offense to my not-intended-to-hurt throwaway line is highly understandable. You took it personally. I understand. I will not use that phrase again on here. I apologize to you.

Oh, by the way, this rhythm deficient honkie is burdened (said very dryly and besides she'll never see this) by his HISPANIC wife of 42 years and his biracial children and grandchild for which he wouldn't trade you.

Again, my apology. No hurt to you or anyone was intended. Just puleeze don't surprise attack me in the future.
                            Last edited by Purple Mav Man; 04-23-2021, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Chip.....Much of what you say is not the same for whites (anglos.....English, Irish, Germans, Slovaks, etc...) as it is minorities. You can never truly understand until you actually walk in the shoes of minorities. Even being married to one does not make you truly understand. It is NOT the same. Never will be.

However, I do get where you are coming from. I do not think you are a racist by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think you are part of an aging population who was raised much differently than today's generation and in a completely different society. You probably heard the "N" word dropped millions of times in your life. Those were different times. What was acceptable even 10 years ago is no longer acceptable. Not because people are "PC"....but because it is no longer tolerated by those that have been oppressed for so long. People aren't cowering like they used to. They are standing up and fighting against racism.

Trust me, you know I am FAR from PC, however, I am extremely diversified. Because I am a 1st generation American (paternally) and 2nd generation American (maternally) and ALSO being in an interracial relationship for over 30 years, I walk in different shoes than the average American majority.

I do not want to get too deep into this on a football message board, but everyone SHOULD engage in discussion, be broad-minded, and seek diversity training or education to help understand society and where it is heading.

Comment

So, what you're saying is regardless of scenario..........SCREW 'EM ALL! I can go along with that. Works for me. Ha! All you can ever count on is who shows up to play TODAY.

Next man up. Whoops......jeeez, I did it again. Now an anti-feminist, gender-damaged, sexist remark. Pleeeease, no one take offense. Blame it on the decade I was born into. Not me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X