Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post
    Fort Lewis looks really good. Dominated LCU. Wow
    I agree. Ft. Lewis has speed, quickness, shoots the long ball well, and have size inside. WT has speed, quickness, shoots the long ball well, but lacks size inside. Ft. Lewis was a mirror image of WT but with size inside.

The Ft. Lewis kid from Palo Duro Amarillo, Kot, made some remarkable shots yesterday. I told one of our assistants "We need to be recruiting the hell out of Kot to finish his career at home." He laughed and said, "Kot will be playing for a top mid-major or even a Big 5 school next year making $250,000." He chose Ft. Lewis over WT coming out of HS because the Buffs still had Qua Grant and JoJo Murray. Funny thing was Grant and Murray were gone the next year to Wichita State and Long Beach State.

Comment

• Either Ft. Lewis was overrated and/or they spent too much time crying about the regional host location as they were blown out by black hills st.

Good luck to WT or Angelo is the regional final game.

Comment

• WT defeats Angelo State to advance to the Sweet 16 and Regional Final.

Black Hills St. (27-5) vs. WT (27-6) for a spot in the Elite 8 on Tuesday.

Comment

• Congratulations Buffaloes. Tuesday is going to be a great game against Black Hills State.

Comment

• Good luck to WT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
              Either Ft. Lewis was overrated and/or they spent too much time crying about the regional host location as they were blown out by black hills st.

I think this was the 4th meeting between the two schools this year, and the first time Black Hills has won.
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I think this was the 4th meeting between the two schools this year, and the first time Black Hills has won.
                Yeah, all in the last month. Before those games BHSU looked headed for the #1 seed.

Comment

• It didn't take long for Livingston to post about having the home team involved could have made the difference in the Black Hills game.

I do agree with him that it was repetitive and boring to watch LSC/RMAC rematches and it would be better if the NCAA opened it up to a nationwide tournament from the start.

Wonder how WT would have fared playing Colorado MInes, Black Hills St., and Ft. Lewis?

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I agree. Ft. Lewis has speed, quickness, shoots the long ball well, and have size inside. WT has speed, quickness, shoots the long ball well, but lacks size inside. Ft. Lewis was a mirror image of WT but with size inside.

The Ft. Lewis kid from Palo Duro Amarillo, Kot, made some remarkable shots yesterday. I told one of our assistants "We need to be recruiting the hell out of Kot to finish his career at home." He laughed and said, "Kot will be playing for a top mid-major or even a Big 5 school next year making $250,000." He chose Ft. Lewis over WT coming out of HS because the Buffs still had Qua Grant and JoJo Murray. Funny thing was Grant and Murray were gone the next year to Wichita State and Long Beach State.
                    So look for Kot in the transfer portal today?

May have to recruit him over to Corpus. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                      Good luck to WT.
                      They'll need it. Black Hills knocked Buffs out of last year's NCAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                        If it’s a toss-up or close to it, the team that has best access for travel is going to host. As it should be.
                        I asked our AD about that. He said difficulty of travel or travel costs never factor into regional sites. It ALL came down to the numbers. WT's better in-region record was the biggest factor.
                        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-13-2023, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Either Ft. Lewis was overrated and/or they spent too much time crying about the regional host location as they were blown out by black hills st.

I watched the Ft. Lewis/Black Hills game online before going to the WT game. BH's Joel Scott is a d2 super stud! He had 23 and 19 last night. There's a reason he was the regional POY.

Comment

It didn't take long for Livingston to post about having the home team involved could have made the difference in the Black Hills game.

I do agree with him that it was repetitive and boring to watch LSC/RMAC rematches and it would be better if the NCAA opened it up to a nationwide tournament from the start.

Wonder how WT would have fared playing Colorado MInes, Black Hills St., and Ft. Lewis?
                            Maybe the RMAC should open up their schedule to play LSC schools during the season. There used to be several crossover games.....RMAC / LSC challenges during pre-conference action. RMAC closed scheduling hurts them when it comes to the playoffs. WT playing schools like NWMU, Dominican, Missouri-St. Louis, and Fl Southern weigh more than a win over Western or UCCS.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Maybe the RMAC should open up their schedule to play LSC schools during the season. There used to be several crossover games.....RMAC / LSC challenges during pre-conference action. RMAC closed scheduling hurts them when it comes to the playoffs. WT playing schools like NWMU, Dominican, Missouri-St. Louis, and Fl Southern weigh more than a win over Western or UCCS.
                              Ft. Lewis did play ENMU and ASU and beat them both.

They also had Northern New Mexico College and Navajo Technical University on the non conference schedule which were non D2 cupcakes..

Southeastern Oklahoma State was decent.

Comment

Ft. Lewis did play ENMU and ASU and beat them both.

They also had Northern New Mexico College and Navajo Technical University on the non conference schedule which were non D2 cupcakes..

Southeastern Oklahoma State was decent.
                                The RMAC / LSC challenge, which WT participated in was canceled. I was told the RMAC teams were not "enthusiastic" about playing WT. For what it's worth.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X