Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

The RMAC / LSC challenge, which WT participated in was canceled. I was told the RMAC teams were not "enthusiastic" about playing WT. For what it's worth.
    Black HIills was enthusiastic about playing WT tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Black HIills was enthusiastic about playing WT tonight
      Yep and a mediocre WT football team was enthusiastic about thumping Central Washington this year.

It was a great game and WT made a shot slightly after the buzzer that would have won the game.

At least Black Hills came to play on the road and didnt sulk and complain like Ft. Lewis did.

Looks like that Livingston guy can sleep peacefully knowing a RMAC team other than his was able to beat the rigged system (sarcasm).

Good luck to them in the elite 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yep and a mediocre WT football team was enthusiastic about thumping Central Washington this year.

It was a great game and WT made a shot slightly after the buzzer that would have won the game.

At least Black Hills came to play on the road and didnt sulk and complain like Ft. Lewis did.

Looks like that Livingston guy can sleep peacefully knowing a RMAC team other than his was able to beat the rigged system (sarcasm).

Your use of the tu quoque logical fallacy is an indication of extreme butt hurt.

Maybe you need a safe space.

I watched, it was a very good game. The one kid from BH is really a wrecking crew.

Comment

Your use of the tu quoque logical fallacy is an indication of extreme butt hurt.

I watched, it was a very good game. The one kid from BH is really a wrecking crew.
          We don't need safe places in Texas.

Those are reserved for the west coast folks.

Yeah that was a great game but I had to wait a bit to watch it.

Hopefully my Islanders take a took at a couple of these kids from the regional tournament and consider them when they hit the transfer portal.

I stopped living and dying with sports several years ago and definitely after covid.

Is it a bummer when my sports team lose? Yep but I don't get mad and depressed about it for several days anymore like this Livingston character did.

Comment

It took longer for the refs to decide if the final shot was good giving WT the win than it took to play the final 5 minutes of the game.

Yes, Scott was regional POY for a reason. Plus, he usually gets a break from the refs. Against Ft. Lewis, I would have called at least 3 fouls on him that didn't get called. They were obvious calls to me. The same for last night. On 2 "blocks" and 1 "charge." Good players often escape the calls. That's the way it goes.

WT sealed it's fate, leading 65-61 when they failed to score on 2 straight possessions. A single score then would have made BH's win very difficult. I wish BH's good luck in Evansville.

As for WT, not many undersized teams can play the way they did. I'm very sad for the guys. It was a bad time for our usually very reliable PG to have a poor shooting night, 2/14. Normally he'd have made 6/14. But, Thornton came up with 29 and made the basket at the buzzer that would have won had there been just less than 1/10th of a second more left.

Right now, WT only loses PG Brown and G Thornton. We get the 6'11 Aussie kid and a 6'6 big body coming in as freshmen. I'd expect Coach Brown will add 2/3 more guys. He'll need a kick ass PG to replace LSC POY Brown. I bet he'll find one. I remember a few years ago saying how in hell will he replace David Chavlovitch. AA's Qua Grant and JoJo Murray showed up. Then I asked how in the hell will you replace them and Julius Brown shows up.

There's a reason Tom Brown has gone 172-26 over the past 6 seasons, 29 wins per season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

It took longer for the refs to decide if the final shot was good giving WT the win than it took to play the final 5 minutes of the game.

Yes, Scott was regional POY for a reason. Plus, he usually gets a break from the refs. Against Ft. Lewis, I would have called at least 3 fouls on him that didn't get called. They were obvious calls to me. The same for last night. On 2 "blocks" and 1 "charge." Good players often escape the calls. That's the way it goes.

WT sealed it's fate, leading 65-61 when they failed to score on 2 straight possessions. A single score then would have made BH's win very difficult. I wish BH's good luck in Evansville.

As for WT, not many undersized teams can play the way they did. I'm very sad for the guys. It was a bad time for our usually very reliable PG to have a poor shooting night, 2/14. Normally he'd have made 6/14. But, Thornton came up with 29 and made the basket at the buzzer that would have won had there been just less than 1/10th of a second more left.

Right now, WT only loses PG Brown and G Thornton. We get the 6'11 Aussie kid and a 6'6 big body coming in as freshmen. I'd expect Coach Brown will add 2/3 more guys. He'll need a kick ass PG to replace LSC POY Brown. I bet he'll find one. I remember a few years ago saying how in hell will he replace David Chavlovitch. AA's Qua Grant and JoJo Murray showed up. Then I asked how in the hell will you replace them and Julius Brown shows up.

There's a reason Tom Brown has gone 172-26 over the past 6 seasons, 29 wins per season.
              It is a great program.

Comment

He posted something about karma last night. I'm curious if he realizes that he's throwing a lot of bad ju ju out into the universe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

He posted something about karma last night. I'm curious if he realizes that he's throwing a lot of bad ju ju out into the universe.
                  If it's karma, it caught up with Fort Lewis a round earlier than it did WT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I get it. I would be pissed if I was him, Ft. Lewis, RMAC, etc.

I do sympathize with him as it would used to annoy me when NWMSU would get seeded higher that WT in football and end up playing in Maryville.

WT went into regionals 25-6 with a strong non con SOS so it wasn't like they lost the hosting to Kingsville or some place like that.

I stand by my comment if the teams reversed schedules then their records would also most likely switch as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Ha. Good point.

Comment

I get it. I would be pissed if I was him, Ft. Lewis, RMAC, etc.

I do sympathize with him as it would used to annoy me when NWMSU would get seeded higher that WT in football and end up playing in Maryville.

WT went into regionals 25-6 with a strong non con SOS so it wasn't like they lost the hosting to Kingsville or some place like that.

I stand by my comment if the teams reversed schedules then their records would also most likely switch as well.
                        Then Northwest showed you what reality was. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Yep. I honestly took more pleasure out of seeing Fort Lewis get beat down in the regional semis than WT beating Angelo. Mostly because of that tool, but a few others also went on and on about it all. I have a team to always cheer against out of the RMAC going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Yep. I honestly took more pleasure out of seeing Fort Lewis get beat down in the regional semis than WT beating Angelo. Mostly because of that tool, but a few others also went on and on about it all. I have a team to always cheer against out of the RMAC going forward.
                            Yeah that guy would have either been on suicide watch or shot up a McDonalds if they ruled WT's shot counted at the end.

Comment

It's famous amongst several WT fans. That's how they "fight back". It reminds me of women who bring up old crap during an argument.

But, you hit the nail on the head.

FYI.....B/I Alum is a Buff fan until he isn't. 7070707

Well.....now WT-MBB fell by the wayside. I guess it's all softball talk now???? 🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

It's famous amongst several WT fans. That's how they "fight back". It reminds me of women who bring up old crap during an argument.

But, you hit the nail on the head.

FYI.....B/I Alum is a Buff fan until he isn't. 7070707

Well.....now WT-MBB fell by the wayside. I guess it's all softball talk now???? 🙄
                                This coming from a guy that roots for Angelo State until they suck and then switches to Commerce, WT, etc.

As I said I don't dwell on losses.

Its the same when my Islanders get blown out by Alabama today.

Great season and move on to the next sport.

Yes I attended WT and graduated from TAMUCC so I have duel rooting interests there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X