Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU @ Wt

No conversation about this game. Big game for Wt. MSU seems to be a team that has imploded this year. For personal reasons, I can't stand the coach. (this goes back to 2005)
    So I hope we get the chance to embarrass them. A Wt win puts us at 8-3. This would be an indication that Wt football program has turned around and is headed the right direction.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

It should be a winnable game, but MSU has played well at times this year. I don't know much about MSU this year, they have played a couple of different QBs and their best receiver decided to transfer in the middle of this season. WT will have to play a disciplined game and show up to win. I noticed Duke Carter isn't on the 2 deep this week, not sure what his status is. If WT wins, it should get them a bowl game invite this year. I would hope that they accept an invite and have a postseason appearance. The fan base needs to have a postseason game to feel there is relevance again. I've given up on the playoffs, too much would have to happen to jump up to the 7 spot in the region. Somewhere out there with WT outside the top 10 is a 7-3 Duluth team so if anybody made a jump it would be them.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
      It should be a winnable game, but MSU has played well at times this year. I don't know much about MSU this year, they have played a couple of different QBs and their best receiver decided to transfer in the middle of this season. WT will have to play a disciplined game and show up to win. I noticed Duke Carter isn't on the 2 deep this week, not sure what his status is. If WT wins, it should get them a bowl game invite this year. I would hope that they accept an invite and have a postseason appearance. The fan base needs to have a postseason game to feel there is relevance again. I've given up on the playoffs, too much would have to happen to jump up to the 7 spot in the region. Somewhere out there with WT outside the top 10 is a 7-3 Duluth team so if anybody made a jump it would be them.
      It seems like this comes up every week. Yes, they will have to play the whole game, not coast through the first quarter like against Kingsville.

I hope we can block any field goal attempts because that will effectively put us a touchdown behind without any place kicking options.

Maskill is a very good regular season coach, I am sure it's on his mind not to have his first losing season. MSU will be ready to play.

Comment

Different times. WT would 100% accept a bowl invite. You get more weeks of practice and it doesn't hurt to have another positive to tell a recruit how WT is going to be in the playoff hunt after a bowl win.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Different times. WT would 100% accept a bowl invite. You get more weeks of practice and it doesn't hurt to have another positive to tell a recruit how WT is going to be in the playoff hunt after a bowl win.
          I'd assume Hughes is a bit more settled in now and that WT would accept a bowl game to continue building towards what he wants the team to be. Seems he has accepted that he can't act the way he did as a DC and adjusted to be what a HC needs to be both internally and externally. Great to see WT heading back towards being the respected program that it was when Pueblo and WT very first met in 2011. WT was the first opponent Pueblo played when I joined the message board so they'll always hold a special place in my heart, along with their fans I've bantered with.

I think this is a must win for WT to keep momentum going into the off-season.

Comment

Like I stated preseason, and since......anything less than a 8-3 season would not signal a turn-around. And 8-3 does not guarantee a turn-around. Just like Girsch and Angelo.....I am not sure you can say ONE good season signals a program turn-around......but it appears it's heading in the right direction.

Only time will tell.

First things first.....gotta win tomorrow.

Comment

Even if WT gets upset at home they will finish the season 7-4 which is continued improvement record wise. They still will finish no higher than 4th and probably doesn't move the needle as far as a bowl game is concerned. Either way the program is moving upward. Lets hope WT destroys Midwestern though.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                Like I stated preseason, and since......anything less than a 8-3 season would not signal a turn-around. And 8-3 does not guarantee a turn-around. Just like Girsch and Angelo.....I am not sure you can say ONE good season signals a program turn-around......but it appears it's heading in the right direction.

Only time will tell.

First things first.....gotta win tomorrow.
                Both of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I would certainly hope so but after last year, I'm not so sure. A bowl game wasn't the ultimate goal so recruiting was more important. I hope the mindset is different this year. Listening to the presser from Monday there was mention of a very slight playoff chance if WT wins but they kept referring to the last game of their Buff careers. In a good turn, he said Jordan Johnson has one more year of eligibility and they will be working that out so he can come back. He does it all for the offense

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Both of us.
                    Yes! Both WT & Angelo need to win. But so does TAMUC.

Comment

I would certainly hope so but after last year, I'm not so sure. A bowl game wasn't the ultimate goal so recruiting was more important. I hope the mindset is different this year. Listening to the presser from Monday there was mention of a very slight playoff chance if WT wins but they kept referring to the last game of their Buff careers. In a good turn, he said Jordan Johnson has one more year of eligibility and they will be working that out so he can come back. He does it all for the offense
                      Best all-around back since Flemming. Glad he has one more year.

Comment

WT Wins this one.

Comment

Headed to the tailgate, watch some football then WBB home opener.

Go-Buffs-Go.

Comment

Duke is out today in a walking boot. Hope Vallo and Compton are ready. Both have been injured too and still working back. May be a Jordan Johnson show

Comment

I missed a 69 yard pass play for MSU because the cameraman was fooled. However, WT has a nice goal-line stand and limits MSU to a 21 yard FG. However, that's as good as a TD against us.

3-0 MSU

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X