Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Gat dang it!!! I just knew the piggies had this one. I wanted y'all to win so vad that I even selected you in pick'ems.

i WISH I could afford to come down to Kingsville and whip that program into shape. In 3 years they would be in the LSC top tier. GUARANTEE it.....AND I would get the AD & Pres onboard too!

Comment

Gat dang it!!! I just knew the piggies had this one. I wanted y'all to win so vad that I even selected you in pick'ems.

i WISH I could afford to come down to Kingsville and whip that program into shape. In 3 years they would be in the LSC top tier. GUARANTEE it.....AND I would get the AD & Pres onboard too!
      Me too.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

UTPB up 63-7 with 10:02 left in the game.

Comment

UTPB scores again. Up 70-7 with 6:33 left in the game.

Comment

Yay, Hogs!!! We score a TD to close the gap to 70-14 with 3:43 left in the game.

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

70-14 is the final. Congrats to UTPB on a genuine, hands down, tail kicking.

Comment

What the...

Comment

Surely this seals the ole ball coaches fate

Comment

Originally posted by Javelina Alum View Post
                    LSC Fan do you always have to pile on? How do you know the Administration has given up? You have zero insight! You'll have to wait and see like everyone else. Jeez, you never stop.
                    Are you for real? LMAO !!! From the outside looking in it appears NO ONE HAS ANY INSIGHT. Your getting your azz kicked up between your shoulder blades by a team that has NEVER had a winning season and you need to wait and see. Pray tell what in the h3ll are you waiting to see if they can roll the scoreboard on your Javs? Still laughing this is their 4th conference win in four years. Wait and see what happens behind the wood shed.

Thanks I needed a good laugh and your take on the outlook on the state of TAMUK Football gave me that.

Absolutely without a doubt you win my ELEMENTARY WATSON AWARD.

I apologize to you sir but you and a lot of other slums might want to consider pulling your heads out if you still want a football program in Kingsville.
                    Last edited by Techster88; 11-16-2019, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Tech Guy,
                      Chill, I'm not defending anyone or anybody. It gets old to hear how bad it is. I KNOW, I'm there every week. Just sick of hearing the same Stuff over and over again all season long.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                        70-14 is the final. Congrats to UTPB on a genuine, hands down, tail kicking.
                        We barely got by the Peccaries and UTPB has a weak offense! How can they score 70 on Kingsville? The majority of the people picked PB to lose!

According to the PB website, the attendance was zero. That must have included the opposing team.

https://utpbfalcons.com/sports/footb.../boxscore/3280

Comment

Well, when a team puts up 439 yards against a defense, you'll probably win the game. This was one of the worst losses that I can recall because it came against a team that was 3-7. I mean, UTPB didn't even have a football team five years ago. I don't want to take anything away from their victory (good for them); but, the state of Javelina Football this season seems as bad as it was under David Calloway. It is so bad that I can't even see a bright side or any path back to greatness. I'd recommend that the program be gutted and built from scratch; however, I think that they've already been gutted at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
                            Well, when a team puts up 439 yards against a defense, you'll probably win the game. This was one of the worst losses that I can recall because it came against a team that was 3-7. I mean, UTPB didn't even have a football team five years ago. I don't want to take anything away from their victory (good for them); but, the state of Javelina Football this season seems as bad as it was under David Calloway. It is so bad that I can't even see a bright side or any path back to greatness. I'd recommend that the program be gutted and built from scratch; however, I think that they've already been gutted at this point.
                            The 2014 loss from Tarleton (IMO) was worse as it set the tone for kind of what we are going through now although we had the "pause" in 2016 where we had the 9-3 record and it looked like the ship had made a turn. Let's hope this is the book end of the misery and the administration proves some us skeptics wrong and starts a reverse course sometime in the next few hours. I hate the process of firing coaches and especially ones who you think if given a full arsenal of tools at their disposal, they could have done good things, But the current staff will in probability be the first casualty of the fallout either voluntarily or involuntarily. The administration has to be open (and very aggressive) and show real intention this time they are going to get this right. They need to aggressively push for funding avenues from the A&M BOR and show interested parties such as Alums and others timelines and stick to them. Quit hiding this in the current capital campaign push are involved and play your cards! And reach out to new and forgotten Alums and Boosters and invite them to be part of the process. And I can't repeat this enough.

On that subject, the reliable donor base has aged and for lack of better way to put it has died off or just can't participate anymore. That's one reason the reserved section at Javelina stadium looks so empty in addition to the downfall as it was mainly the old reliable fans and alums who had been with the program since it's glory days way back when and they are not being replaced. I used to donate, but I've withheld since Gines made a mess of the program because of the old saying about flushing money down the toilet was evident. What do they do to try to entice me to donate again? Send a mass mail like postcard in the mail. How about going down the list of former donors and sending off a personal appeal? Try calling the phone number listed to see if it still works. I mean little things like this make a difference and not this non sense about wait to see what happens. I think six seasons of waiting is long enough?
                            Last edited by LSC Fan; 11-17-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelina Alum View Post
                              Tech Guy,
                              Chill, I'm not defending anyone or anybody. It gets old to hear how bad it is. I KNOW, I'm there every week. Just sick of hearing the same Stuff over and over again all season long.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

The 2014 loss from Tarleton (IMO) was worse as it set the tone for kind of what we are going through now although we had the "pause" in 2016 where we had the 9-3 record and it looked like the ship had made a turn. Let's hope this is the book end of the misery and the administration proves some us skeptics wrong and starts a reverse course sometime in the next few hours. I hate the process of firing coaches and especially ones who you think if given a full arsenal of tools at their disposal, they could have done good things, But the current staff will in probability be the first casualty of the fallout either voluntarily or involuntarily. The administration has to be open (and very aggressive) and show real intention this time they are going to get this right. They need to aggressively push for funding avenues from the A&M BOR and show interested parties such as Alums and others timelines and stick to them. Quit hiding this in the current capital campaign push are involved and play your cards! And reach out to new and forgotten Alums and Boosters and invite them to be part of the process. And I can't repeat this enough.
                                I agree 100% with this. I think that Wilkinson could have done the job there given the right support and tools. I hate that he finds himself in this position. But then again, what do I know, I still think that injuries change games and have not learned that every team should have 2's and 3's that are totally interchangeable with all-conference starters.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X