Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sr4 #1 msm vs #2 tsu

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    The next day I'm still amazed at that 3rd quarter drive. 27 plays, 97 yards, only one pass at the very end. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before.

Kudos to the 'Kato offensive line. They're the stars of that drive. The Mavericks weren't making any pretense what they were going to do, play after play. The Texans knew exactly what to expect, play after play. It was like a slow moving earth mover coming at Tarleton that they were powerless to stop. Credit goes to the horses up front that made that happen. Too often they don't get the credit they deserve.
    This, both teams had to 0lay in that weather, Kato simply outplayed Tarleton. Their QB was not a good passer but ue made 1 good pass the second half, gunn ran people over, the qb got out front and blocked for him a few times. Tarletons lune for all their size and athleticism in that second half did not move. Tarleton RBs were running into a wall.

Great season Tarleton, but im willing to bet your HC works hard on discipline next year, it might have been close but the Unsporstman call on the QB and the late hit probably did more to end their season than anything.
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
        So which was it? Weather or not having the ball for a quarter?
        Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
        This, both teams had to 0lay in that weather, Kato simply outplayed Tarleton. Their QB was not a good passer but ue made 1 good pass the second half, gunn ran people over, the qb got out front and blocked for him a few times. Tarletons lune for all their size and athleticism in that second half did not move. Tarleton RBs were running into a wall.

Great season Tarleton, but im willing to bet your HC works hard on discipline next year, it might have been close but the Unsporstman call on the QB and the late hit probably did more to end their season than anything.
        This. I figured being undisciplined would be our undoing.

Comment

Chad Courrier
          ?@ChadCourrier
          5m5 minutes ago
          More Chad Courrier Retweeted Reusse
          Tarleton had only 26 plays in the second half, one less than MSU had on The Drive.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
              It was the last two penalties that i was refering to when i said the crapped the bed. Kato took the entire 3rd quarter to drive 97 yards and score. The first allowed kato to flip the field, the second put Kato in scoring position at the 13 of Tarleron. Not saying without them Kato doesnt still win but those 30 yards helped preserve about 4 minutes on the clock and made it where they didnt feel like they needed to pass to score.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                  It was the last two penalties that i was refering to when i said the crapped the bed. Kato took the entire 3rd quarter to drive 97 yards and score. The first allowed kato to flip the field, the second put Kato in scoring position at the 13 of Tarleron. Not saying without them Kato doesnt still win but those 30 yards helped preserve about 4 minutes on the clock and made it where they didnt feel like they needed to pass to score.
                  Coach Hoffner made note of that exact thing in his post game interview.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                    Coach Hoffner made note of that exact thing in his post game interview.
                    Gunn was getting good gains but he was having to go 1,2,3 they were burning about 40 seconds a play.

Tarleton could have just kept the clock running and played field position.

After they were stopped on 4th and 1 deep in Mav territory they could have played good defense, and even if they dont get a 3 and out kato still dod not have enough time to just pound it down the field like they had from their own 15.

Comment

That 27 play drive ended up being a NCAA record.

http://www.startribune.com/dashing-t...ive/501944941/

Comment

I wonder what the attendance for the N.C. game would be, if Tarleton was there??

Sold out??
                        <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                          I wonder what the attendance for the N.C. game would be, if Tarleton was there??

Sold out??
                          Probably. Also would be a sell out with Commerce.

Comment

Perhaps 2019. Both teams have a lot of returners.

Would like to see McKinney filled.
                            <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X