Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilkinson not retained at TAMUK

This is not a good day at TAMUK or a cause to celebrate. In fact I'm even more disgusted we are having to go through this for the third time in the last nine seasons. Especially since we are content on just treating some of the symptoms and not finding a final cure. Actually we are not even attempting to treat the symptoms and the illness continues to grow, so throw out that attempt to put some good spin on it. I hope Wilk can land somewhere else and work his way back up to a HC or top coordinator position elsewhere. He's a good guy and deserved better from this school in the form of support.
    Last edited by LSC Fan; 11-18-2019, 11:20 AM.

I hope the Jav's get the ship righted and your program headed in the right direction.
    Good luck on the new hire.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

This is not a good day at TAMUK and or a cause to celebrate. In fact I'm even more disgusted we are having to go through this for the third time in the last nine seasons. Especially since we are content on just treating some of the symptoms and not finding a final cure. Actually we are not even attempting to treat the symptom and the illness continues to grow, so throw out that attempt to put some good spin on it. I hope Wilk can land somewhere else and work his way back up to a HC or top coordinator position elsewhere. He's a good guy and deserved better from this school in the form of support.
      I'd gladly take him back at CSU-P as OC. Won't happen but it's a nice thought.

Comment

I am glad they swiftly fired him immediately after the season. Now I am hoping they will announce a plan on turning the program around.

Comment

The next few weeks should be a test and opportunity for the AD and President to demonstrate their commitment to the program going forward. They must acknowledge personnel changes are only part of a much larger puzzle that must be solved. Really I think this is the last chance to get it right or we can just count on the program being "has been" for decades to come. The could do themselves a big service by getting out in public and sharing that vision immediately. The just wait to see approach has not worked and will not work.

Comment

I was reading in the DCTF article, that Kingsville doesn't have visitor locker rooms currently? Is that real?

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
              I was reading in the DCTF article, that Kingsville doesn't have visitor locker rooms currently? Is that real?
              Yep. They have to use the locker space across the way at the SPEC. The press box situation was really bad this year from what I heard because they had to squeeze coordinators from both schools, media and radio and TV teams from both schools in a press box which was limited in space to begin with.

Comment

I really feel for him and his family. I know that this is a tough situation all around. Despite recognizing the need for a change, I really don't wish this on anyone. As such, he'll certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that he lands on his feet in a good program where he can find great success. In fact, I don't really think that Coach Wilkinson is what was truly wrong with this program. The issues are much deeper. I hope that the school can sort through this and make something work.

Comment

He was in a bad situation but his teams got worse and worse and some of the playcalling was questionable. Some good leaders are able to overcome all obstacles and he was not able to do so. He still deserves blame and it came today.

Comment

Has anyone heard on a timeframe expected to hire the head coach? I wonder if some of the same committee members below will be involved in the search. I imagine it will be wrapped some time in mid December.

The last search was led by Parker Executive Search and committee members Jim Brown, Ruben Cantu, James Davis, Ed Dodds, Sam Fugate, Jorge Guerra, Moses Horn, Fred Nuesch, John Randle and Richard Ritchie.

Comment

Originally posted by javs26 View Post
                      Has anyone heard on a timeframe expected to hire the head coach? I wonder if some of the same committee members below will be involved in the search. I imagine it will be wrapped some time in mid December.

The last search was led by Parker Executive Search and committee members Jim Brown, Ruben Cantu, James Davis, Ed Dodds, Sam Fugate, Jorge Guerra, Moses Horn, Fred Nuesch, John Randle and Richard Ritchie.
                      Why would you use people who didn't get it right the first time?? The last committee Wt had started the Ronnie Jones mistake. Followed by the AD hiring Don Carthel.

Comment

Comment

I have heard Lee Hays name float around a few times since the firing.

Comment

Former WT Assistant coach

Comment

Would be a good hire - IMHO

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X