Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Round Hosts

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Second Round Hosts

    If two lower seeds win how is hosting considered then?

    If there were no seeds in 5-7 then what if a 6/7 equivalent wins?

  • #2
    Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
    If two lower seeds win how is hosting considered then?

    If there were no seeds in 5-7 then what if a 6/7 equivalent wins?
    They’d play at the higher seed. It would take all upsets, former 5-7 seeds winning each game, to be an issue with one location.

    7 beats 2
    6 beats 3
    5 beats 4

    5 would go to #1 per brackets and 6/7 would need to be worked out.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

      They’d play at the higher seed. It would take all upsets, former 5-7 seeds winning each game, to be an issue with one location.

      7 beats 2
      6 beats 3
      5 beats 4

      5 would go to #1 per brackets and 6/7 would need to be worked out.
      Isn’t the point of the new seeding that there is no 5/6/7? Are the teams seeded officially 5-7 based on their first round opponent?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post

        Isn’t the point of the new seeding that there is no 5/6/7? Are the teams seeded officially 5-7 based on their first round opponent?
        I cant find a published final regional ranking. Im guessing they must have done it though, or else how did they know who the first team out would be?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
          If two lower seeds win how is hosting considered then?

          If there were no seeds in 5-7 then what if a 6/7 equivalent wins?
          Lol you got your lottery ticket and Willy Wonka golden ticket too?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
            If two lower seeds win how is hosting considered then?

            If there were no seeds in 5-7 then what if a 6/7 equivalent wins?
            They will use Chinese arithmetic like they do everything else.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post

              Isn’t the point of the new seeding that there is no 5/6/7? Are the teams seeded officially 5-7 based on their first round opponent?
              The point of the new seeding was to minimize travel, not necessarily remove the seedlings. They didn’t list them, but basically went by the rankings.

              In SR4, i would imagine if the above upset scenario played out, Commerce would host USF simply because they were on the 6 line prior to minimizing travel. But, who knows??

              Maybe they’ll play in Sioux Falls?? If that happensTechster88 ’s head might explode due to the conspiracy against the LSC. :)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TSUTexan61 View Post

                Lol you got your lottery ticket and Willy Wonka golden ticket too?
                Don't forget the leprechaun and genie

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

                  Don't forget the leprechaun and genie
                  Tarleton deserves to be the on paper favorite, but paper doesn’t matter; the Lions won’t go quietly. Last year the Texans blew out Commerce in the regular season, and in playoffs the Lions lost after a very late turnover, down 5 close to the redzone.

                  It’s a shame that the Texans have to see their D2 existence ended by a conference rival ;-)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post

                    Tarleton deserves to be the on paper favorite, but paper doesn’t matter; the Lions won’t go quietly. Last year the Texans blew out Commerce in the regular season, and in playoffs the Lions lost after a very late turnover, down 5 close to the redzone.

                    It’s a shame that the Texans have to see their D2 existence ended by a conference rival ;-)
                    Lol that’s a bold statement cotton, let’s see how it pans out!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post

                      Tarleton deserves to be the on paper favorite, but paper doesn’t matter; the Lions won’t go quietly. Last year the Texans blew out Commerce in the regular season, and in playoffs the Lions lost after a very late turnover, down 5 close to the redzone.

                      It’s a shame that the Texans have to see their D2 existence ended by a conference rival ;-)
                      I'll leave out a saucer of milk. Don't cry after Tarleton ends your season. Just remember, the only Lions I care about play on Friday

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

                        I'll leave out a saucer of milk. Don't cry after Tarleton ends your season. Just remember, the only Lions I care about play on Friday
                        Greenville? John Tyler? Or New Boston?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

                          Greenville? John Tyler? Or New Boston?
                          Ewww

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

                            Greenville? John Tyler? Or New Boston?
                            I thought Jon Moxon came in to win the game at the end of the Greenville game?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

                              Greenville? John Tyler? Or New Boston?
                              None of the above? Albany.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X