Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the LSC Champion in 2020

With TSU gone to FCS, Who steps up in the LSC to take the Championship and why?

Got to look at Commerce. I don't know what they lose defensively but they bring back a lot on the offensive side of the ball and Smalls at QB. ASU & WT should be in the mix as well. I don't believe Midwestern will have two down years in a row so there is no counting them out. But if I had to put money on it today, I would give a slight edge to Commerce with ASU right on their heels.

Or at least that should be the expectation for the folks in Angelo, especially with what we have coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
      Got to look at Commerce. I don't know what they lose defensively but they bring back a lot on the offensive side of the ball and Smalls at QB. ASU & WT should be in the mix as well. I don't believe Midwestern will have two down years in a row so there is no counting them out. But if I had to put money on it today, I would give a slight edge to Commerce with ASU right on their heels.

Or at least that should be the expectation for the folks in Angelo, especially with what we have coming back.
      I agree with you. Wt should be in the mix with ASU. MSU will need to find a QB. Commerce is the favorite with Smalls returning. Don't know what ENMU has returning. It would be easy to project Commerce as undefeated in the LSC.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Texas A&M Kingsville

New coach who brings in a wealth of new talent.

New stadium plans and other amenities have everyone buzzing........

Ok I'm awake and sober now.

Really Commerce probably has to be the auto pick and then followed by Angelo, WTAM and MSU. Who knows about the rest of the conference other than ENM probably deserves some chatter as well.

Comment

??????I agree with that

Comment

Buffs

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I agree with you. Wt should be in the mix with ASU. MSU will need to find a QB. Commerce is the favorite with Smalls returning. Don't know what ENMU has returning. It would be easy to project Commerce as undefeated in the LSC.
              I know they lose Paul Terry and Wyatt Strand. While the RB will be easier to fill, those are both two BIG holes for Eastern. Having a 5th year senior at QB of a triple option team is a huge coup, replacing him will be difficult just for the decision making process.

Comment

Whoever ASUPops says

Comment

Comment

1. Commerce
                    2. Angelo State
                    3. Midwestern State
                    4. ENMU
                    5. WT
                    6. UTPB
                    7. A &I. (Higher if we get the right coach)
                    8. WNMU

Comment

I know they lose Paul Terry and Wyatt Strand. While the RB will be easier to fill, those are both two BIG holes for Eastern. Having a 5th year senior at QB of a triple option team is a huge coup, replacing him will be difficult just for the decision making process.
                      That's is not an understatement, about Strand. Not only is he a 5th year senior he's the winningest QB in hounds history. Defensively the front seven are pretty young but Countee is a senior as is the safeties.

Odd flex but since Lee has been at eastern we have only had 3 QBs, Wood for his senior year, Buurma, then Strand the last 2 were 4 year starters. Finding good QBs doesn't seem to be a problem.
                      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

I think Western nm hit it out of the park with their coaching hire. We shall see next year if that is right after he gets a full recruiting season and spring camp in on the team.
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

I would suspect the order of finish may be the same as last year. WT's road will be harder next year since they will most likely play away games at Angelo, Midwestern, and Commerce next year since WT had these teams at home this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                            I would suspect the order of finish may be the same as last year. WT's road will be harder next year since they will most likely play away games at Angelo, Midwestern, and Commerce next year since WT had these teams at home this year.
                            However, with LSC scheduling, you never know!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X