Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Eastern New Mexico.....

Before the game rolls around, I want to wish you guys the best of luck and hope you guys take down the plowboys from Southern Arky. They are a solid squad, but you guys are as well. I really admire how clean of a program you guys are and how you all play your hardest against everyone and play with grit and heart. Keep swinging away, you guys will get to the playoffs sooner rather than later. But take care of this postseason game first and props to you for not feeling you are too good to play in it.

Hope to see you all lofting the Bowl Trophy next week.

Go Hounds!

The Lion Wire

And don't forget your fruit snacks.

Comment

It is a quality program.

As a fan I start every year with high Hope's but we are what we are, and it's not all bad. We may one day finally get over the hump but I've gotten to see some pretty good players play from all over.

If Eastern wins it will be their first ncaa post season win.

It sure feels like the program is progressing, slowly but progressing towards better days.

1 losing season since 2013, they keep swinging we will break through.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
        It is a quality program.

As a fan I start every year with high Hope's but we are what we are, and it's not all bad. We may one day finally get over the hump but I've gotten to see some pretty good players play from all over.

If Eastern wins it will be their first ncaa post season win.

It sure feels like the program is progressing, slowly but progressing towards better days.

1 losing season since 2013, they keep swinging we will break through.
        Yall got these Arky..Muleriders.

Comment

Comment

I belief that is their plan and they have been working towards that as fast as they can. 10+ years ago I dont think we even gave 20 equivalents.

The thing that has helped the most is how effectively they recruit NM, in state students after their first semester qualify for NM lottery schollies.

Comment

I have also admired how ENMU has been able to be successful with one arm tied behind their back. The RMAC was the same way until Pueblo entered the conference with their full schollies and forced the rest of the conference to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                I have also admired how ENMU has been able to be successful with one arm tied behind their back. The RMAC was the same way until Pueblo entered the conference with their full schollies and forced the rest of the conference to keep up.
                10 years ago road trips(except for kingsville) were 1 charter bus and an assistant driving the bigger University bus that broke down ALL THE TIME! Very low recruiting budget, not much in terms of funding for equipment assistants etc. Now they show up looking more like a d2 football team rather than a poorly funded NM 4A team.

I dont think Eastern will ever not be an option school, cause that's the kind if talent NM produces. But if they can get up to 36 schollies, their ability to go after some quality defensive talent is going to improve dramatically. If Eastern gets a high quality defense they can really do some damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

10 years ago road trips(except for kingsville) were 1 charter bus and an assistant driving the bigger University bus that broke down ALL THE TIME! Very low recruiting budget, not much in terms of funding for equipment assistants etc. Now they show up looking more like a d2 football team rather than a poorly funded NM 4A team.

I dont think Eastern will ever not be an option school, cause that's the kind if talent NM produces. But if they can get up to 36 schollies, their ability to go after some quality defensive talent is going to improve dramatically. If Eastern gets a high quality defense they can really do some damage.

Comment

JJ Harp was the guy!

Comment

Rib brought in the spread in his 3rd year I believe. Ju Harp and Wes Wood were the qbs.

Bud Elliott in his long tenure showed that the option was the way to win at ENMU, all told Ribaudo liked it as well, but he took a gamble in bringing in the spread. Even so Eastern literally has set the records for hurry up offense when they ran the spread. Most plays in a season, most yards per game, plays per game, it was boom or bust though as the defense had to be deep and in shape if they got into a back and forth game. Our home game vs SEOSU was 150 points combined a season worth of passg yards combined, and we lost. How players survived that game I have no idea it was nuts.

Comment

Always cheer for ENMU. Outmanned and underfunded in the LSC yet find a way to have a winning season once again. Congratulations on the bowl bid!

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie8myBrainz View Post
                          JJ Harp was the guy!
                          Dude could spin it

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post
                            Before the game rolls around, I want to wish you guys the best of luck and hope you guys take down the plowboys from Southern Arky. They are a solid squad, but you guys are as well. I really admire how clean of a program you guys are and how you all play your hardest against everyone and play with grit and heart. Keep swinging away, you guys will get to the playoffs sooner rather than later. But take care of this postseason game first and props to you for not feeling you are too good to play in it.

Hope to see you all lofting the Bowl Trophy next week.

Go Hounds!

The Lion Wire
                            Is that why you think WT & Angelo did not accept invitations? Because they believe they are "too good to play in it"?

Comment

Great Job Hounds. Now, go represent the LSC. Go beat those PackMule Riders.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X