Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commerce at Mankato

Today is the day! Before the season started, due to the changes in the coaching staff and Miklo needing time to knock the rust off at qb, I posted that I was looking for Commerce to make a deep playoff run this year with Natty aspirations next year. Mission accomplished on that.

However, after watching the way the defense has taken it to another level over the last 5 weeks and the way Smalls has been exerting his will, I'm thinking they are at least as good as anyone left standing. Today I expect them to continue to contain the running game, and if they can score early then get pressure on the qb they should be able to get it done today. They must keep someone between WR Zylstra and the end zone and not let him hurt them.

I'm thinking it will be Commerce 27 - Mankato 24.

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Today is the day! Before the season started, due to the changes in the coaching staff and Miklo needing time to knock the rust off at qb, I posted that I was looking for Commerce to make a deep playoff run this year with Natty aspirations next year. Mission accomplished on that.

However, after watching the way the defense has taken it to another level over the last 5 weeks and the way Smalls has been exerting his will, I'm thinking they are at least as good as anyone left standing. Today I expect them to continue to contain the running game, and if they can score early then get pressure on the qb they should be able to get it done today. They must keep someone between WR Zylstra and the end zone and not let him hurt them.

I'm thinking it will be Commerce 27 - Mankato 24.
    This is the key to winning IMO. Make that two headed monster QB beat you. Do not let that offensive line and Gunn control the game,

Hoping for a good game and Lion victory in a close one with no major injuries on either side.

Comment

Great opening drive of 74 yards by MNSU, they lead 7-0.

Comment

Commerce responds with their own long drive, almost all in the air. 7-7.

Comment

2 good defensive series for the Lions.

Comment

14-7 at the end of the 1st quarter. Commerce cashes in on a mishandled punt in the end zone to take the lead.

It looks COLD up there, especially with the wind. Are you there Jake? I see a lot of Commerce fans.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
              14-7 at the end of the 1st quarter. Commerce cashes in on a mishandled punt in the end zone to take the lead.

It looks COLD up there, especially with the wind. Are you there Jake? I see a lot of Commerce fans.
              Just bought a house and too busy to get there. We are lions is there tho.

Comment

Comment

Commerce's offense has been shutdown since the opening drive. They trail 21-14.

Comment

Good game so far. 21 - 14 Mankato at the half. Commerce needs to make the right adjustments to try to slow down the Mankato running game. They've been good at it all season. Should be a good finish.

Comment

Due to an injury slowing jamal Williams, Dominique Ramsey is playing running back. What a crazy year.

Comment

A really UGLY pick 6 by MNSU that looked like a sandlot play gone wrong. MNSU 28-14.

Comment

A really UGLY pick 6 by MNSU that looked like a sandlot play gone wrong. MNSU 28-14.
                          Yeah, that was a head scratcher for sure. No need for that stuff in a 7 point game.

Comment

35-14. Congratulations to Commerce for a great season, and to MNSU for a well-deserved win.

Comment

Mankato had us out manned today. Great season for Commerce, and the future is bright.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X