Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msumavfan View Post
    Not saying MSU is all choir boys
    That bunch that Commerce brought sure did their best to make them look that way though.

Except #85. He got pushed out of bounds on the Mav sideline. He barely grazed a female athletic trainer on his way by. On his way back to the field, he acknowledged her and appeared to apologize/make sure she was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Questions for Lions fans. Just before half, Commerce seemed to be running down the clock- almost scored on the pass deep into the end zone- but time ran out. Could have run another play since it was incomplete on third down if they hadn't wasted the time. Your QB had PLENTY of arm, even into the wind- that was a lost opportunity.
      Next- that pick six was probably the turning point in the game. The coaches must have thought that they saw something that would work, but again, going into the wind that ball seemed to hang. I know if it works then people think it is a great call, but the success/failure ratio didn't seem to be high.

Glad to have that one in the win column. Enjoy it tonight and then get ready for Slippery Rock.
      On the end of the half play, there was 9 seconds on the clock at the snap. I assume they figured there was time for 2 shots at the end zone there.

Coach addressed the trick play after the game. He characterized it as "needed to try something" due to injuries to our rbs. We had a linebacker and a cornerback playing rb yesterday because everyone else was hurt. It's been like that most of the season for us. Good luck to your Mavs moving on. Hope to see you guys in McKinney in 2 weeks, it's about 45 minutes from my house so I'll be there even though the Lions fell short.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        The critics like myself have not been silenced because the voodoo used to seed teams is still flawed. MN ST plays in a silo schedule so no one knows anything about your team until the playoffs.
        I actually agree with you on this.

Now we know something about this team. We have a damn good (and disciplined) defense. The secondary is better than the credit they receive. And a legitimate claim to being the best team in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Now we know something about this team. We have a damn good (and disciplined) defense. The secondary is better than the credit they receive. And a legitimate claim to being the best team in the region.
          I don't know of any Mav fan, or really any NSIC (or MIAA fan for that manner) who likes silo scheduling. I'd love to see two OOC games a season- one home, one away. With a 16 team conference it just isn't likely to happen unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Comment

Comment

What changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post

What changed?
                  St. Cloud St. and Crookston are dropping football.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post

What changed?
                    Crookston has always been a cellar dweller since moving up from the junior college ranks, but St Cloud made the regional finals in 2013 after they upset MSU at home. They have a nice stadium that will now just be used for soccer...........

No word from Augustana yet, but they are trying to join the D1 Summit. Oddly, the future of St Thomas is up in the air- the NCAA decides on them in Jan. But they already have an official invitation to the Summit. Augie may also have one, but that would still be under the table.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X