Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High School State Champion?

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
    I'm surprised about Dos Comales. I haven't been in a few months, but in past it's been good.

You hit the nail on the head about Frank's. It's in an older, more industrial part of the city but they've made it through the years. Another place that is close by if you like good home style cooking as far a diner type food is Snapkas. It's a former 50's style drive in style place that still has car hops, but has a dining area too. They have good Mexican food too along with great burgers.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      Without doubt. Good NM food is the best. Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Espanola, Las Cruces, all have unbelievable great NM style restaurants. You can't beat a great flavorful medium/hot NM green chile based sauce. I also love great carne adovada. My son buys his chile thru the reliable Chile Connection in Santa Fe. He makes a fantastic carne adovada.

In fact we're doing a NM Christmas dinner this year. Carne adovada, green chile chicken enchiladas, spicy red chile pork tamales, posole, roasted corn, NM style green chile potatoes au gratin, fruit empanadas, refritos, freshmade thick flour tortillas right off of our cast iron platter, big thick fluffy sopapillas with honey for dessert, and several sublime salsas. Margaritas, cerveza! Mmmm!

The great thing is that much of this can easily be prepared a day or two ahead of time.

What time can I show up? LOL.

Comment

[QUOTE=BuffaloChip;2330339]
        Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

7 or 8 years ago, we bought several dozen tamales online from a vendor in the Valley. They were pretty good, red chile pork, green chile chicken.
        I bet you that might have been them. Good stuff.

But the best I've even had was from the Abuleas back in the day of some of my high school friends. You would go into their small and modest homes this time of year and you would start drooling like a dog. The tamales, fresh tortilla, Carne. Holy cow I'm hungry.

Comment

[QUOTE=LSC Fan;2330460]

I bet you that might have been them. Good stuff.

But the best I've even had was from the Abuleas back in the day of some of my high school friends. You would go into their small and modest homes this time of year and you would start drooling like a dog. The tamales, fresh tortilla, Carne. Holy cow I'm hungry.
          Yeah, we buy from some local ladies. Some of the ladies up here go overboard with the cinnamon stick in their filling and underplay the red chile (and cayenne). At least for my taste. I also like the carne, pork, beef, or chicken, shredded instead of ground.

Comment

Without doubt. Good NM food is the best. Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Espanola, Las Cruces, all have unbelievable great NM style restaurants. You can't beat a great flavorful medium/hot NM green chile based sauce. I also love great carne adovada. My son buys his chile thru the reliable Chile Connection in Santa Fe. He makes a fantastic carne adovada.

In fact we're doing a NM Christmas dinner this year. Carne adovada, green chile chicken enchiladas, spicy red chile pork tamales, posole, roasted corn, NM style green chile potatoes au gratin, fruit empanadas, refritos, freshmade thick flour tortillas right off of our cast iron platter, big thick fluffy sopapillas with honey for dessert, and several sublime salsas. Margaritas, cerveza! Mmmm!

The great thing is that much of this can easily be prepared a day or two ahead of time.
            I started salavating reading that!
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Also Animas nm is south of i10 and has won the past 3 A 6man state championships

Comment

Duncanville takes down Allen Eagles. Tough day for Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  That cant be! Allen>God and his angels(que snl slit da bears!)

Comment

I'd rub it in, but I can't. My boys lost to Fort Bend Marshall last night in a close 19-17 game.

Comment

Sonora has four. The school is about 1/2 mile south of I-10

Comment

Nah. Not a rough day at all.

Duncanville played well. One of the best Semi's I have seen in awhile. Tied up many times. Duncanville went ahead 42-35 with 2 mins left. Allen's ball on the 8. Eagles gave up a safety to seal game 44-35 for Duncanville.

ANOTHER GREAT season of Allen Eagles football wrapped up. Looking forward to many more!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                          That cant be! Allen>God and his angels(que snl slit da bears!)
                          LMAO!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            Nah. Not a rough day at all.

Duncanville played well. One of the best Semi's I have seen in awhile. Tied up many times. Duncanville went ahead 42-35 with 2 mins left. Allen's ball on the 8. Eagles gave up a safety to seal game 44-35 for Duncanville.

ANOTHER GREAT season of Allen Eagles football wrapped up. Looking forward to many more!!!!
                            Should be a great game for the title. North Shore has beaten three former state champs in as many weeks. Trouncing Lake Travis today.

Comment

Should be a great game for the title. North Shore has beaten three former state champs in as many weeks. Trouncing Lake Travis today.
                              Duncanville is wicked good....PHYSICAL, FAST, and they BELIEVE. And they basically have a home game at AT& T next Saturday. Its been 20 years since Duncanville has been to the ship. It's actually a great story and nice to see fresh blood get in.

BUT.....North Shore has been beating the odds all play-offs. And will e a handful.

Tough one to call.

Should a great DFW vs Houston Metro game.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                                Duncanville is wicked good....PHYSICAL, FAST, and they BELIEVE. And they basically have a home game at AT& T next Saturday. Its been 20 years since Duncanville has been to the ship. It's actually a great story and nice to see fresh blood get in.

BUT.....North Shore has been beating the odds all play-offs. And will e a handful.

Tough one to call.

Should a great DFW vs Houston Metro game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X