Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo making some changes...

They let go of their DLine Coach and the LB/Special Teams guy...what this means, I have no idea :P

Re: Angelo making some changes...

Originally posted by spidermac View Post
    They let go of their DLine Coach and the LB/Special Teams guy...what this means, I have no idea :P
    Hmmm... I thought if any changes were made it would be the offensive staff given he was the DC.

Comment

Comment

I'm with you on DB's, it was painfully obvious this year and last that we aren't as athletic or talented as other teams in the conference in this area. This year especially, we were VERY SLOW

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
            I'm with you on DB's, it was painfully obvious this year and last that we aren't as athletic or talented as other teams in the conference in this area. This year especially, we were VERY SLOW
            Agree

I am still scratching my head. All I heard all season was how bad the offense was & how great the defense was......I DID NOT & DO NOT share that sentiment.

Comment

I guess he believed the defense was the issue? Is he firing himself as the coordinator and bringing someone else in?

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post
                I guess he believed the defense was the issue? Is he firing himself as the coordinator and bringing someone else in?
                If this is was the issue, why release Wag instead of Girsch?

Comment

Comment

I dont know the rush of some coaches to abandon their play calling duties.

I get that they have to see the whole game but they still can run the side of the ball they are good at, put someone up in the booth thats a good pointman and run your stuff.

Kelley lee has maintained calling the offense, as do several other coaches, i dont understand why so many DCs want to delegate it once they get a head position.
                    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                      I dont know the rush of some coaches to abandon their play calling duties.

I get that they have to see the whole game but they still can run the side of the ball they are good at, put someone up in the booth thats a good pointman and run your stuff.

Kelley lee has maintained calling the offense, as do several other coaches, i dont understand why so many DCs want to delegate it once they get a head position.
                      Whereas I agree, I would imagine the added duties of the HC can hamper preparation as a coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by RamFamAlum View Post
                        Will be interesting to see who he does bring in.
                        Yes it will.

Hearing anything regarding OC?

Comment

My feeling is that Girsch doesn't want to lose coaches and if he could, he would still be the call the defenses. From watching him, that is who he is. At the same time, during the year ASU had a total of 7 full time, paid coaches:

HC
                          DC, with two defensive position coaches (D-Line and LB/Special teams)
                          OC, with two offensive position coaches (O-Line and Receivers)

I think he would be happy to keep 7 full-time, paid coaches with the following deployment of those coaches:
                          HC/DC (him)
                          DC, with two or three position coaches (add a DB coach) (this is the preferred) OR
                          OC, with two or three position coaches (add a RB coach)

I think what he is wanting to avoid is him just assuming Wagner's duties AND keeping all the DC duties. That, in essence, would mean trying to get better with fewer coaches. I don't think that is a recipe for success.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                            My feeling is that Girsch doesn't want to lose coaches and if he could, he would still be the call the defenses. From watching him, that is who he is. At the same time, during the year ASU had a total of 7 full time, paid coaches:

HC
                            DC, with two defensive position coaches (D-Line and LB/Special teams)
                            OC, with two offensive position coaches (O-Line and Receivers)

I think he would be happy to keep 7 full-time, paid coaches with the following deployment of those coaches:
                            HC/DC (him)
                            DC, with two or three position coaches (add a DB coach) (this is the preferred) OR
                            OC, with two or three position coaches (add a RB coach)

I think what he is wanting to avoid is him just assuming Wagner's duties AND keeping all the DC duties. That, in essence, would mean trying to get better with fewer coaches. I don't think that is a recipe for success.
                            Maybe someone with more information regarding public records and stuff can help me out, but based on this statement that ASU has 7 paid coaches, I looked at Commerce's roster and they had about 20 coaches listed. Obviously some of those are GA's and such, but anyone know how many "PAID REAL COACHES" other teams around the conference have on staff? What is the D2 limit?

Comment

Looks like our DL is going to look very different next year than it did this year. Not only are we losing Harlon Hill candidate and 1st team All American Markus Jones, but Bright Ihegworo announced on Twitter today that he is graduating tomorrow and transferring and will be eligible to play next season as a grad transfer. I'm sure there will be more movement as a lot of players had a ton of respect personally for Coach Wagner

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X