Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarleton 2020 Football Schedule

Looks like Tarleton State, despite making the move to D1 in 2020, will still be facing off with quite a few LSC and other D2 opponents in the upcoming season. I haven't seen this publicly posted anywhere but assume it's "official":

9/05 @Sam Houston State
    9/12 @Murray State
    9/19 vs. UT-Permian Basin
    9/26 @Kennesaw State
    10/03 vs. Eastern N.M.
    10/10 OPEN
    10/17 vs. A&M-Kingsville (Homecoming)
    10/24 vs. Midwestern State
    10/31 vs. Western Oregon
    11/07 vs. Missouri State
    11/14 @South Dakota State
    11/21 OPEN
    11/28 vs. Dixie State

Only public posting of schedule I've seen is here, and it doesn't entirely match games listed above:
    https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/tarleton-state/

Originally posted by TarletonStateTexan View Post
    Looks like Tarleton State, despite making the move to D1 in 2020, will still be facing off with quite a few LSC and other D2 opponents in the upcoming season. I haven't seen this publicly posted anywhere but assume it's "official":

9/05 @Sam Houston State
    9/12 @Murray State
    9/19 vs. UT-Permian Basin
    9/26 @Kennesaw State
    10/03 vs. Eastern N.M.
    10/10 OPEN
    10/17 vs. A&M-Kingsville (Homecoming)
    10/24 vs. Midwestern State
    10/31 vs. Western Oregon
    11/07 vs. Missouri State
    11/14 @South Dakota State
    11/21 OPEN
    11/28 vs. Dixie State

Only public posting of schedule I've seen is here, and it doesn't entirely match games listed above:
    https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/tarleton-state/

Comment

LMAO.....now THATS an impressive "FCS" football schedule......and what a Homecoming game.

Simply embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        LMAO.....now THATS an impressive "FCS" football schedule......and what a Homecoming game.

Simply embarrassing.
        In Tarleton's defense, look at the non-conference games Houston Baptist and Incarnate Word had their first FCS seasons. Granted, they had a full SLC schedule from transition year 1, but they had real knockouts like McMurray, Langston, and Texas College. (HBU actually played that game at Texas College.)

TSU's scheduling struggles won't be limited to the transition years either. Although having full FCS status will help, it'll be tough to put together an 11 game schedule year-in and year-out without a conference affiliation to fill those spots. I've heard that Lonn already has TCU, TAMU, and Tech? (I think) lined up for future years. They'll need those guarantee games to help cover travel costs, but I've also heard that Sharp is footing the bill for travel costs for the foreseeable future.

Comment

What have Texan fans heard about a long range plan for the WAC as far as football goes? There is Tarleton and there is Dixie so you would need four more schools (I think that the FCS minimum for a conference is six). Any rumors blowing around in the wind?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            What have Texan fans heard about a long range plan for the WAC as far as football goes? There is Tarleton and there is Dixie so you would need four more schools (I think that the FCS minimum for a conference is six). Any rumors blowing around in the wind?
            Tons of speculation and rumors in one of the other threads.. Couldn't find it at first glance, but maybe someone can link to it. Apparently the Big 12, PAC 12, and Big 10 are disbanding and everyone is joining the WAC along with TSU and Dixie... Something like that.

Edit: Here's the thread: https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...arleton-to-wac.. You'll have to do some digging, but there's lots of speculation in there.

Comment

Comment

Curious if Tarleton is having to pay all these D2 schools to play them like a normal FCS game? Could be a crazy-expensive season

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                  Curious if Tarleton is having to pay all these D2 schools to play them like a normal FCS game? Could be a crazy-expensive season
                  If you dig around a little, I saw something saying we are paying most if not all of the D2 schools $25,000 to play us. We did some kind of switch with Dixie and S.D. State so we are getting $200,000 to play S.D. Therefore it looks like the season may be a wash moneywise.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post

If you dig around a little, I saw something saying we are paying most if not all of the D2 schools $25,000 to play us. We did some kind of switch with Dixie and S.D. State so we are getting $200,000 to play S.D. Therefore it looks like the season may be a wash moneywise.
                    ah ok, makes sense. One of those open dates should be filled fairly soon, if what I've heard is correct.

Comment

Tarleton will definitely have to eat crap sandwiches for the next few years during transition. This was ACU's 2013 football schedule their first transition year in FCS football.

Concordia College, Alabama
                      McMurry University
                      New Mexico Highlands
                      Illinois State
                      Tarleton
                      Pitt State
                      Houston Baptist
                      Incarnate Word (twice)
                      New Mexico State
                      Prairie View A&M

Comment

where are all the Big Money payoff road games?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                          where are all the Big Money payoff road games?
                          Hopefully a year or two down the road as we build up talent and depth. My understanding is TCU is scheduled for 2021 and aTm in 2025.

Comment

Doesnt Tarleton have their own message board now?

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                              Doesnt Tarleton have their own message board now?
                              Time to move on!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X