Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New video board in Commerce

25 ft by 75 ft. Supposed to be ready for 2020 season, with a new sound system.

https://lionathletics.com/news/2020/...al-system.aspx

Nice! That side of the stadium is going to look completely different this season with this and the new $3 million locker room expansion. Getting everything else prepared for a (down the road) upgrade to the stadium itself....gonna be a sharp looking place! That screen is going to need to be big to fit some of the new recruits I've seen committing ;)
    Last edited by LionFan; 01-13-2020, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
      Nice! That side of the stadium is going to look completely different this season with this and the new $3 million locker room expansion. Getting everything else prepared for a (down the road) upgrade to the stadium itself....gonna be a sharp looking place! That screen is going to need to be big to fit some of the new recruits I've seen committing ;)
      Im expecting another deep run this year, and the players should come in ready to win it all. Hoping we can earn a few home playoff games for a change. Minnesota and Michigan are fine places, but I've seen enough.

Comment

Preparing for a Division 1 move?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I doubt it, the stadium just needs upgrades out of necessity. Home side is 50+ years old if I remember right. Theyve done a lot to fix it up, but it needs replacing fairly soon. Unfortunately I think the Events Center/Gym has to get done first, which should be fairly soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

NOBODY at any level in Commerce is interested in a D1 move anytime soon. If it ever happens it is more than 5 years away, probably closer to 10. We'd still need to add sports and venues and tons of stuff we arent prepared to do here yet.

Comment

I doubt it, the stadium just needs upgrades out of necessity. Home side is 50+ years old if I remember right. Theyve done a lot to fix it up, but it needs replacing fairly soon. Unfortunately I think the Events Center/Gym has to get done first, which should be fairly soon.
              This September will be birthday # 70 for the home side of the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

NOBODY at any level in Commerce is interested in a D1 move anytime soon. If it ever happens it is more than 5 years away, probably closer to 10. We'd still need to add sports and venues and tons of stuff we arent prepared to do here yet.
                Agreed, and I think when the higher ups at the university saw what the National Championship did for the school, they'd rather us be in the hunt for that than a big check for getting our brains kicked in by random D1 teams

Comment

25 ft by 75 ft. Supposed to be ready for 2020 season, with a new sound system.

https://lionathletics.com/news/2020/...al-system.aspx
                  That is awesome. I hope the rest of the stadium keeps getting attention. Its always nice to see instant replays on a big board.

Comment

:tongue:

THANK GOD!!!! SMART!! Dont ruin a great thing.

Comment

Agreed, and I think when the higher ups at the university saw what the National Championship did for the school, they'd rather us be in the hunt for that than a big check for getting our brains kicked in by random D1 teams
                      It's always toughest for those who have had some high level success to reclassify. TAMUC now has some history. Tarleton didn't. It was much easier for them to decide to play SFA instead of WT since they hadn't reached the top and really hadn't had that much success.

Comment

It doesn't matter what anyone in COMMERCE wants. It matters what the Mothership (TX A&M/Sharp) wants and I've heard that the others were told to start exploring a move to D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post

It doesn't matter what anyone in COMMERCE wants. It matters what the Mothership (TX A&M/Sharp) wants and I've heard that the others were told to start exploring a move to D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post

I wouldn't doubt this is correct. Sharp wants A&M to be a direct counterweight to the UT system which mean upgrading the profile of the athletic programs with the system. Right now, the UT system has four schools excluding the mothership in D1 with those four being UTSA, UTRGV, UTEP and UT Arlington. A&M only has one as of today in A&M Corpus with Tarleton about to join them next academic year. So that gives Sharp at least two more to go and Commerce would fit the profile of being the A&M school with D1 athletics in the DFW area or share it with Tarleton to some extent and WTAM could do the same with in West Texas albeit more of counterweight to Tech than UTEP because of proximity. And if my friend Techster is correct which is a possibility with seeing how bad the onion stinks down here with the recent debacle in the hiring process of Wilks replacement and just the general lack of urgency to fix things, then the merger thing with A&M CC might very well be on the table. So this would give A&M the rep in needs on the D1 level to counter UTSA and UTRGV in this part of the state. One only has to look at how involved Sharp got with the Tarleton move on a personal level to see that he's moving the ball when it comes to these decisions and not the local leadership. And gosh we can certainly see his lack of attention to our sunken ship down here with the football program on the other side of the coin, so yes it makes complete sense.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

I wouldn't doubt this is correct. Sharp wants A&M to be a direct counterweight to the UT system which mean upgrading the profile of the athletic programs with the system. Right now, the UT system has four schools excluding the mothership in D1 with those four being UTSA, UTRGV, UTEP and UT Arlington. A&M only has one as of today in A&M Corpus with Tarleton about to join them next academic year. So that gives Sharp at least two more to go and Commerce would fit the profile of being the A&M school with D1 athletics in the DFW area or share it with Tarleton to some extent and WTAM could do the same with in West Texas albeit more of counterweight to Tech than UTEP because of proximity. And if my friend Techster is correct which is a possibility with seeing how bad the onion stinks down here with the recent debacle in the hiring process of Wilks replacement and just the general lack of urgency to fix things, then the merger thing with A&M CC might very well be on the table. So this would give A&M the rep in needs on the D1 level to counter UTSA and UTRGV in this part of the state. One only has to look at how involved Sharp got with the Tarleton move on a personal level to see that he's moving the ball when it comes to these decisions and not the local leadership. And gosh we can certainly see his lack of attention to our sunken ship down here with the football program on the other side of the coin, so yes it makes complete sense.
                              Last edited by TexanFan; 01-19-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X