Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting at Commerce

Per the news, there has been a shooting on the Commerce campus with two dead and a third wounded. People are sheltering in place and classes are cancelled.

Prayers for all of those involved.

The shelter in place order has been lifted. 2 confirmed dead, one in the hospital. This occurred earlier this morning at a freshman residence hall.

Comment

Very preliminary UNCONFIRMED info I get is that it was a domestic. 2 dead are parents, injured is their young child. The lock down was always stated as "precautionary." Dont know if the shooter was a student or not at this point.Should find out shortly.

Comment

CONFIRMED info: 2 deceased were sisters, domestic family violence incident. Younger sister was a student, the older sister was not enrolled as a student.
        Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 02-04-2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

My niece is in her 3rd year at TAMUC. This was a frightening situation that had us all worried for everyone's safety. Many times when a person becomes so unstable that they shoot someone they know, they can easily snap and go on a shooting rampage. This shooter targeted his 20 year old EX, but then also killed her 19 year old sister and shot a two year old boy. Thank GOD he stopped there!!

This is a terrible ordeal. My heart and prayers go out to the family and all at TAMUC.

I thank GOD no more students or faculty were shot/killed.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
            CONFIRMED info: 2 deceased were sisters, domestic family violence incident. Younger sister was a student, the older sister was not enrolled as a student.
            Jake, I heard there were some recruits on Campus during the shooting and that the shooter may have came with one. Any info on that?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Jake, I heard there were some recruits on Campus during the shooting and that the shooter may have came with one. Any info on that?
              They made an arrest today. He is the ex boyfriend of the older sister, who was out on bail for a felony assault against the younger sister a couple days ago. No connection to any recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

They made an arrest today. He is the ex boyfriend of the older sister, who was out on bail for a felony assault against the younger sister a couple days ago. No connection to any recruits.
                Thanks for info.

Read this in DMN

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2020...investigation/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X