Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tarleton new Field house and Scholarship info?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarleton new Field house and Scholarship info?

Tarleton new football Fieldhouse. Anyone in the ville have any more info on this?

i also want to know how the scholarship situation will work heading to D1, does everyone on scholarship now just get a full one?
    i know D2 get 36 and D1 FCS get 63, are teams able to split up scholarships like D2 or is it all or nothing?

Haven't heard anything on the field house. I assume the scholarships would gradually increase each year during the probation period. At $10,400 per scholly, that would be an increase of about $300,000 to jump from 36 to 63 right off the bat. Not sure how any of that works, but I would think from a financial standpoint it would be gradual.. i.e. increase 12 schollys per season. But with Sharp writing the checks, anything is possible.

Comment

no longer LSC business.

Comment

This is a preliminary concept and not the final. Estimated completion date will be Fall 21. Not the greatest pic but.....

Comment

https://twitter.com/tsucasey/status/...126957064?s=21

Not sure the pic showed up in my first reply so here is the tweet.

And we are proud members of the LSC for next five months so hopefully we are still welcome.

Comment

I drove through Stephenville and around campus last Saturday, and I didn't see any work being done. Did I just miss it, or is it supposed to be ready for 2021? Or is it really 2020?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Texan37 View Post
                Tarleton new football Fieldhouse. Anyone in the ville have any more info on this?

i also want to know how the scholarship situation will work heading to D1, does everyone on scholarship now just get a full one?
                i know D2 get 36 and D1 FCS get 63, are teams able to split up scholarships like D2 or is it all or nothing?

FCS has 63 full athletic scholarships that can be split among 85 players. That is if the school can fully fund 63 scholarships. There are other creative ways for players to get scholarships also just not of the athletic variety.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

FCS has 63 full athletic scholarships that can be split among 85 players. That is if the school can fully fund 63 scholarships. There are other creative ways for players to get scholarships also just not of the athletic variety.
                  I may be wrong (I was one other time that I can remember), but I think the scholarships from other sources still count towards the 63, but the money does not come out of the athletic department budget.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post

I may be wrong (I was one other time that I can remember), but I think the scholarships from other sources still count towards the 63, but the money does not come out of the athletic department budget.
                    That is interesting that you got that information. In the form of financial aid as it is called and explained to me by some who should know that the athlete receives has nothing to do with his athletic scholarship if he/she has one and does not have any effect on the ncaa scholarship count.

If it supposed to count I know of a lot of schools in violation at present.

I guess it all in the way the financial aid/ scholarship is presented or written.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

That is interesting that you got that information. In the form of financial aid as it is called and explained to me by some who should know that the athlete receives has nothing to do with his athletic scholarship if he/she has one and does not have any effect on the ncaa scholarship count.

If it supposed to count I know of a lot of schools in violation at present.

I guess it all in the way the financial aid/ scholarship is presented or written.
                      So, in other words, a school can give out its 63 athletic scholarships and 100 academic scholarships to different athletes and have 163 student athletes on full scholarships. I'm just not sure I understand.

Comment

The football coaches have already moved out of the field house and they have started to gut the building. Trees have already been removed for the expansion. It should be done by the start of the 2020 season.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post

The NCAA states that 85 players can receive the equivalent of 63 scholarships in AID. With a max of 30 new players a year. Of course players can take loans, but any AID outside of loans counts toward your 85 players & 63 schollies.

So, no you can not give 63 schollies AND 100 more academic and have 163 players.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU Sports View Post
                              The football coaches have already moved out of the field house and they have started to gut the building. Trees have already been removed for the expansion. It should be done by the start of the 2020 season.
                              Especially if it moves at the glacial speed of the stadium renovation! X-D

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X