Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is Notre Dame in Playoffs?

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
    Why did APU or UIndy make the playoffs? Their record was better than the other teams. If it was up to me they expand it to around 20% of teams able to compete for a national title like every other sport.
    Basketball 68/351= 19.2%
    Baseball 64/300= 21.3%
    Softball 64/286= 22.4%
    Volleyball 64/330= 19.4%
    Football 4/129= 3.1%
    Every team sport has around the same number of teams to compete for the championship except football. Do what you need to do to the regular season to allow that to happen.

Comment

You sound like a snowflake.....SOOO D@MN FUNNY. Thats for the laughs.

In the history of College football, out of 130 teams, ND ranks 4th all time in # of NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

They are the most popular with the largest National fan base. They are also the 6th most hated team. Kinda sounds like the Dallas Cowboys. (Which is MY beloved team).

Maybe tomorrow you will wake up and not be the 4 year old version of yourself. LMAO.

Happy NewYear.

#RollTide

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        You sound like a snowflake.....SOOO D@MN FUNNY. Thats for the laughs.

In the history of College football, out of 130 teams, ND ranks 4th all time in # of NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

They are the most popular with the largest National fan base. They are also the 6th most hated team. Kinda sounds like the Dallas Cowboys. (Which is MY beloved team).

Maybe tomorrow you will wake up and not be the 4 year old version of yourself. LMAO.

Happy NewYear.

#RollTide
        So, you think ND deserved the invite over Ohio State? If so, please explain.

Also, when is the last time they won a major bowl? Yes, glory years are killing the present and future.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Also, when is the last time they won a major bowl? Yes, glory years are killing the present and future.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I believe Georgia was a better team than either Notre Dame or tOSU and that neither would have finished near the top of the SEC.
                Last edited by catatonic; 12-30-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I recorded it. When I got around to watching, it was so ugly so quick, I just deleted it.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                    I recorded it. When I got around to watching, it was so ugly so quick, I just deleted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

ALL BOWL GAMES ARE A JOKE to me. They are 100% about $$ & ego. Nothing more.

You contradict yourself....which is ok by me. First you said the bowls are about big $, then you complain about which teams go. Whichever team brings rhe $$ and attention should go.......since that is the purpose. Right??

It doesn't matter to me. I think ALL Bowl games are jokes...and meaningless. They can be entertaining to watch. AND it sure beats watching baskieball any day. But meaningless just the same.

I think all college "National Championship" tournys are a joke also. Its like watching Friday Night Tykes brag about State & National championships. LMAO. Just useless.

Comment

You contradict yourself....which is ok by me. First you said the bowls are about big $, then you complain about which teams go. Whichever team brings rhe $$ and attention should go.......since that is the purpose. Right??

It doesn't matter to me. I think ALL Bowl games are jokes...and meaningless. They can be entertaining to watch. AND it sure beats watching baskieball any day. But meaningless just the same.

I think all college "National Championship" tournys are a joke also. Its like watching Friday Night Tykes brag about State & National championships. LMAO. Just useless.
                        Last edited by Techster88; 12-30-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...223723625.html

I think Techster is spot on. The above column kind of backs up what many think about the special treatment ND gets. The money quote from it is this.....

Notre Dame v. Clemson in the 2018 national semifinal game played out exactly as Notre Dame vs. Alabama in the 2012 BCS title game. Bama rolled the Irish in that one, 42-14.

Notre Dame is simply not Notre Dame, and only a collection of aging fans, ratings-horny executives and brand-delusional fans believe that.
                          And it should be added the bulk of the playoff committee is part of the old guard from the day which is another reason they get the love.

Truth is if BYU, who is another independent managed to pull off a 12-0 record which included a couple of wins over top 25 teams, they would not get the love ND gets despite having a sizable fan base and Ohio State or Georgia probably would of been given the nod. Albeit BYU's fan base is not as big as ND's, but still one that is bigger than UCF's for example who was given minor consideration again this time around.
                          Last edited by LSC Fan; 12-31-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I get this part, but you can at least leave baseball out of it because they don't let one game in their tourney determine if you stay in or told to get out. I wish all other team title tourneys could be structured like NCAA baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                              30-3 is pretty bad. However Notre Dame is a safe bet for attendance since they have fans in every city, with plenty more watching from home. Plus those that dislike Notre Dame will watch to see them lose.
                              I think they sold out the Alamodome in record time a few years ago when they played Army in San Antonio. To their credit, they have an international fan base which is only rivaled by the NY Yankees and the maybe the Cowboys. I think a number of people from Mexico came up to see that game?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                                I think they sold out the Alamodome in record time a few years ago when they played Army in San Antonio. To their credit, they have an international fan base which is only rivaled by the NY Yankees and the maybe the Cowboys. I think a number of people from Mexico came up to see that game?
                                The late Joe Avezzano told me one day:

"Once you pass HS JV, it starts becoming all about the money. It's no longer about the sport or the love of the sport...it becomes entertainment, ego, and the almighty dollar."

A few days later, we were doing a youth football clinic in Plano and Joe called me over. Huge smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. Joe said: "Hey Pech. I love this right here. This is real football. This is what its supposed to be about".

I will never forget that moment as long as I live.
                                Last edited by ASUPops; 12-31-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X