Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is Notre Dame in Playoffs?

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    Pops, its ok if that is your favorite team and you dream ND is actually a contender. I am sure NO ONE outside of Notre Dame thought as they watched the game they should be in the playoffs. One question what conference could they have won that would have made them a legitimate contender? Hmmmm how bout NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a reason they have been an also ran for years. Like I stated, MAN UP JOIN A CONFERENCE AND EARN YOUR SPOT. They were a weak sister that Florida LSU Georgia or Ohio State would have disposed of. Maybe that green IRISH beer has clouded your thought process. hahahahahah
    All this from a Red Raider?

L M F A O!!!!!!!!

(just spit my green beer all over the place)

HAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
      I don't think Pops is saying they belonged in the POs, just that Clemson waxing ND shouldn't be used as the sole reason to prove whether or not they belonged. The point he's making is Clemson ROLLED Bama therefore, they shouldn't have been in the POs either if we use the same logic. The Clemson defense was brutal and seemed to match really well with 'Bama's ego of "we're going for it 4th down 'cause we're Bama, dammit".
      EXACTLY!!!! OMG. How hard was that to understand. Hahaha

Thanks Hog!! Glad there are still some logical people on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        EXACTLY!!!! OMG. How hard was that to understand. Hahaha

Thanks Hog!! Glad there are still some logical people on this board.
        Now go get your *&%$ing shine box!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          All this from a Red Raider?

L M F A O!!!!!!!!

(just spit my green beer all over the place)

HAHAHAHA
          LMAO, That green beer will get you every time. Pops, I still like you even if you are a Notre Dame lover. Maybe, one day in the not to near future they will be relevant again and you will get that warm and fuzzy feeling inside. Lord knows your chances of this happening are far greater than my Raiders ever being in such a conversation!!:laugh:

Comment

LMAO, That green beer will get you every time. Pops, I still like you even if you are a Notre Dame lover. Maybe, one day in the not to near future they will be relevant again and you will get that warm and fuzzy feeling inside. Lord knows your chances of this happening are far greater than my Raiders ever being in such a conversation!!:laugh:
            When you are a Notre Dame fan, it's for life. It's a culture. Has nothing to do with winning or losing.

IF you have never been to a home game, you are missing one of life's great adventures.

Like the Cowboys, MANY people love Notre Dame.....but MANY hate them as well.

Its all good!

Comment

Plus.....they did produce two very fine players for my Cowboys.....Martin & Smith.

And my all time favorite QB (AND fellow paisan) Joe Montana!

Comment

So, you think ND deserved the invite over Ohio State? If so, please explain.

Also, when is the last time they won a major bowl? Yes, glory years are killing the present and future.
                Ohio State STRUGGLED" all year and played better the last 2 weeks. They LOST to Purdue by 4 TD's and Auburn (yes Auburn) beat Purdue like a red headed step child. They deserve to be there? LMAO! If the ND CB doesn't miss the 2nd quarter (especially the last 2 minutes) this is a good, hard fought win for Clemson.
                ND played Clemson MUCH better than the great Saban Alabama team defensively. Look at Bama's schedule in a very down SEC. They beat an above average but certainly not elite GA team who lost to Texas (yes Texas!). If you honestly look at ND's schedule - before the season - it was a daunting schedule. Just look at the travel in the last 4 weeks. Nobody does that but they have to.
                They had Michigan, Stanford, Va Tech, Fl State, Syracuse and USC (not to mention Navy who nobody likes to play) before the season. THAT is usually a schedule that looks overwhelming. Schedules are made years in advance - everyone just happened to be down this year.
                Look at ND'S 2019 schedule - it's worse looking at it. GA, Stanford, USC, Va Tech. You obviously are a fan of Ohio State and I am obviously a fan of ND. OSU would have made the playoffs if NOT for the loss at PURDUE. It's their own fault. ND doesn't have to apologize - they just need to add depth.

Comment

Techster - you are just a ND hater - and thats ok. I am from Alabama and I hope Bama NEVER win's another game. So I get it. But to call out ND is ridiculous. Year in and year out they play one of the toughest schedules in the country. They have been down with poor decisions by admin's on coaching hires - kinda like Texas Tech LOL! They will be back and the haters will hate and the lovers will love. There is not a better institution (academics) in the country. So those players sacrifice to not only excel on the field but to just get a degree - happens in very few places in major college football (Stanford and the Academies maybe) while playing the schedule they play.

Last point and it is a question to you as a businessman. You are running a business where you bring in MILLIONS of dollars, have your own TV network (for over 25 years), don't share a DIME with anyone, can still attain the ultimate prize (playoffs, NC), and have the largest customer/money group (the fans) in the country and someone asks you to join their company which does very well (other conferences in this instance) ? Are you going to say yes to that? I sure hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by cchrstnsn View Post
                    Ohio State STRUGGLED" all year and played better the last 2 weeks. They LOST to Purdue by 4 TD's and Auburn (yes Auburn) beat Purdue like a red headed step child. They deserve to be there? LMAO! If the ND CB doesn't miss the 2nd quarter (especially the last 2 minutes) this is a good, hard fought win for Clemson.
                    ND played Clemson MUCH better than the great Saban Alabama team defensively. Look at Bama's schedule in a very down SEC. They beat an above average but certainly not elite GA team who lost to Texas (yes Texas!). If you honestly look at ND's schedule - before the season - it was a daunting schedule. Just look at the travel in the last 4 weeks. Nobody does that but they have to.
                    They had Michigan, Stanford, Va Tech, Fl State, Syracuse and USC (not to mention Navy who nobody likes to play) before the season. THAT is usually a schedule that looks overwhelming. Schedules are made years in advance - everyone just happened to be down this year.
                    Look at ND'S 2019 schedule - it's worse looking at it. GA, Stanford, USC, Va Tech. You obviously are a fan of Ohio State and I am obviously a fan of ND. OSU would have made the playoffs if NOT for the loss at PURDUE. It's their own fault. ND doesn't have to apologize - they just need to add depth.

Comment

Bro.....the delusional one is YOU!!!

You are wearing the blinders. #HaterShades

You make me laugh T-Star!

Comment

ASUPops said it all. I'll leave it at that. I am NOT an ND "homer" - just a fan. I am a Troy "homer" where I played and won a championship. That's where my loyalty and money lie.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X