Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

It is starting this year, and they got Azusa Pacific and Simon Fraser out of it.
    I guess the gaping hole came when the Purple People Eaters made the jump to D1. Maybe the LSC should push for 3 GNAC games and or set up an alliance with RMAC to get a game. Either way TAMUC almost has to run the table to get into the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I guess the gaping hole came when the Purple People Eaters made the jump to D1. Maybe the LSC should push for 3 GNAC games and or set up an alliance with RMAC to get a game. Either way TAMUC almost has to run the table to get into the playoffs.
      With the schedule they have, if they are a serious playoff team, they should run the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

With the schedule they have, if they are a serious playoff team, they should run the table.
        Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Run the table and get rewarded by road games in the playoffs or lose one and stay home and watch.

Comment

Well I found out today our AD already mentioned this on the air during a basketball game so i can stop hinting.

We had a game scheduled with Tarleton ( at a VERY cool venue) until we beat them in the playoffs last year, then they backed out, which screwed us over and caused this latest game to be necessary.

So there it is.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Run the table and get rewarded by road games in the playoffs or lose one and stay home and watch.
              There's a zero chance an undefeated team in our region is going on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

There's a zero chance an undefeated team in our region is going on the road.
                With 9 games there is also zero chance of getting the 1 seed. Could even be a 3 or 4 seed, and that's assuming we dont lose. Mankato and/ or Winona and/or Dutluth plus Mines and/orPueblo, plus the GNAC mystery could put 3 teams with 11 games ahead of Commerce with 9, again, assuming we dont lose.

Comment

With 9 games there is also zero chance of getting the 1 seed.
                  The number of games isn't that important. Tarleton State played 9 games last year and came within .001 SOS of getting the #1 seed.

Comment

The number of games isn't that important. Tarleton State played 9 games last year and came within .001 SOS of getting the #1 seed.
                    If 3 other teams in region go 11-0 (unlikely, but possible) and Commerce goes 9-0, where do you think Commerce gets seeded? 3 or 4.

Comment

Right, but what are the odds of there being 3 or 4 other undefeated teams?

Comment

If 3 other teams in region go 11-0 (unlikely, but possible) and Commerce goes 9-0, where do you think Commerce gets seeded? 3 or 4.
                        Having seen the SR4 committee's ranking habits, it depends entirely on their SOS and not on the number of games played.

Comment

Right, but what are the odds of there being 3 or 4 other undefeated teams?
                          Sr2, 3, and 4 all had 3 teams with no losses last year. Sr2 had 2 teams with one loss, sr3 had 5 teams with one loss, and sr 4 had one team with one loss. Certainly playing 9 games that count is a handicap. Plus I'm sick of traveling to Minnesota in November. A couple freaking home games would be nice for a change.

Comment

Sr2, 3, and 4 all had 3 teams with no losses last year. Sr2 had 2 teams with one loss, sr3 had 5 teams with one loss, and sr 4 had one team with one loss. Certainly playing 9 games that count is a handicap. Plus I'm sick of traveling to Minnesota in November. A couple freaking home games would be nice for a change.
                            This. 9 D2 games put you at a disadvantage in a lot of ways especially if you are in a region where there are 4 conferences in a region. Losing one game can put you in danger of missing the playoffs and given the right dynamics going undefeated may only earn you a 3 seed and only one home playoff game. I remember Indianapolis barely getting in one year with an undefeated record and another year where they missed having 1 loss along with Catawba and Humboldt state. Since the d2 football board is no longer separated by regions I have lost track if the GNAC is still in our region or not. Their round robin schedule with weak teams have been the saving grace in most years not taking up a playoff spot. That being said the dangers of this are less since the playoff format has been expanded to 7 teams.

Comment

This is a really weak 9 game schedule and adding a NAIA doesn't do much for playoffs either. I guess the real question is not if TAMUC will have to travel assuming they make the playoffs, but if they do stumble against Angelo State or WT does an 8-1 TAMUC team get left out for a 9-2 NSIC or RMAC team? You can throw the SOS crap out the window because of silo scheduling. I personally believe a 9 win team gets the nod and that is why I believe TAMUC will have to run the table just to get in to Travel up North.

Comment

Well I found out today our AD already mentioned this on the air during a basketball game so i can stop hinting.

We had a game scheduled with Tarleton ( at a VERY cool venue) until we beat them in the playoffs last year, then they backed out, which screwed us over and caused this latest game to be necessary.

So there it is.
                                Wasn't this game supposed to be played at The Star in Frisco? For some reason, I seem to recall some mention of that...
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X