Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac 12 looking to Private Equity to close the $$$ gap

Link to story

If it wasn't blatantly obvious before (and it was really), here is proof positive of what's it's all about.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Re: Pac 12 looking to Private Equity to close the $$$ gap

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
    Link to story

If it wasn't blatantly obvious before (and it was really), here is proof positive of what's it's all about.
    This is bound to work..... The comments with the story are fun to read.

Here comes another conference realignment sooner rather than later.

Comment

There's the B1G, the SEC, and everyone else.

The B1G will go after Texas and OU, and parlay that into a $75 million-per-school split. The Big 12 will be left with inviting UNM and North Texas, possibly SMU and Houston, and have a payout of around $15-20 million per school. There will be no heavy hitters remaining in the Big 12.

The B1G and SEC will then form an alliance, withdraw from the NCAA, and have their own championships and rules. Everyone else will do their own deal.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
          There's the B1G, the SEC, and everyone else.

The B1G will go after Texas and OU, and parlay that into a $75 million-per-school split. The Big 12 will be left with inviting UNM and North Texas, possibly SMU and Houston, and have a payout of around $15-20 million per school. There will be no heavy hitters remaining in the Big 12.

The B1G and SEC will then form an alliance, withdraw from the NCAA, and have their own championships and rules. Everyone else will do their own deal.
          I don't think the state will let UT abandon all the other schools, and I don't think Oklahoma will let OU abandon OSU.

I think the Big 12 has to find a way to get better or continue drifting into irrelevance.

Comment

Except Direct TV is losing subscribers just like the traditional cable companies. And their streaming services is having a hard time gaining traction against the established players. And the it looks like from The Oregonian article, the Direct TV deal is not a done deal, so if you throw in what is noted in the below article, a significant portion of their future revenue stream might be in question.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/24/att-...s-q3-2018.html

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
              I don't think the state will let UT abandon all the other schools, and I don't think Oklahoma will let OU abandon OSU.

I think the Big 12 has to find a way to get better or continue drifting into irrelevance.

This isn't the 90's when a Baylor alum Governor or Lt Governor (also a Tech Alum) were in office. They pulled a lot of strings back then to help formulate the Big 12 when A&M and UT didn't want Baylor. Since A&M is out of the equation and shouldn't have any say what so ever about which direction UT goes, UT can pretty much call it's own shots without fear of legislative repercussions. Unless they decide to stick their noses in it and mark my words, A&M will rue the day if they do so. Especially when the man who has the pen to veto or approve legislation is a UT alum.

Comment

To do what? DirecTV is a transmittor of content, not a producer.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Comment

To do what? DirecTV is a transmittor of content, not a producer.
                    To transmit the content produced on the PAC 12 network

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
                        To transmit the content produced on the PAC 12 network
                        Who is the producer ?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                          This isn't the 90's when a Baylor alum Governor or Lt Governor (also a Tech Alum) were in office. They pulled a lot of strings back then to help formulate the Big 12 when A&M and UT didn't want Baylor. Since A&M is out of the equation and shouldn't have any say what so ever about which direction UT goes, UT can pretty much call it's own shots without fear of legislative repercussions. Unless they decide to stick their noses in it and mark my words, A&M will rue the day if they do so. Especially when the man who has the pen to veto or approve legislation is a UT alum.
                          Alas, sigh tu is forever stuck in the BigXII by their own doing. Hello!!! Longhorn Network boys!!! No other conference in the country would put up with the $h!t they regularly serve up to other members.

But, who knows what back room back door deals can be pulled off! Never say Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                            Alas, sigh tu is forever stuck in the BigXII by their own doing. Hello!!! Longhorn Network boys!!! No other conference in the country would put up with the $h!t they regularly serve up to other members.

But, who knows what back room back door deals can be pulled off! Never say Never.
                            The LHN is a short-term deal. It has been a colossal failure and there is no way ESPN will renew it.

Comment

The LHN is a short-term deal. It has been a colossal failure and there is no way ESPN will renew it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X