Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luis Perez throws TD pass in XFL game

Congrats to Luis Perez on his first TD pass in the XFL with the New York Guardians.

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    Congrats to Luis Perez on his first TD pass in the XFL with the New York Guardians.
    That was good to see. He looked very good on the drive as a whole. Hopefully he will get more reps moving forward as the NY offense has been utterly hapless with the other 2 qbs they have that were playing ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

That was good to see. He looked very good on the drive as a whole. Hopefully he will get more reps moving forward as the NY offense has been utterly hapless with the other 2 qbs they have that were playing ahead of him.
      Agreed - those other 2 guys are buffoons!

Comment

Yeah! NY is pretty bad and poorly coached, but Luis gave them a spark at the end of the game. It'd be nice to see him get some reps.

Comment

It's good they benched that whining idiot McGloin, and likely will start Perez this weekend!

https://twitter.com/xfl_updates/stat...RmgYW0M8RT25fE

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
            It's good they benched that whining idiot McGloin, and likely will start Perez this weekend!

https://twitter.com/xfl_updates/stat...RmgYW0M8RT25fE
            Awesome! I'll watch that one to see Luis do what he does on the football field. NY needs all the help they can get.

Comment

Perez played very well. He had a dropped pass that would have added about 50 yards to his total.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...R-OGU_TzRqaIMk

Comment

Yes he did, looked great

Comment

Hopefully Perez will make it back to the NFL in the fall. He deserves another shot.

Comment

Former Tarleton QB Ben Holmes was expected to start for the New Jersey Generals of the USFL in two weeks. He broke his foot and the Generals have signed Luis Perez as his replacement and the expected starter.

https://usflnewshub.com/usfl-news/us...gn-luis-perez/

Comment

Former Tarleton QB Ben Holmes was expected to start for the New Jersey Generals of the USFL in two weeks. He broke his foot and the Generals have signed Luis Perez as his replacement and the expected starter.

Sorry about Holmes, but I am glad to see Perez get the shot.

Comment

Speaking of former LSC players, Sergio Castillo will be kicking for the Edmonton Elks this season. His previous team wanted him back but Edmonton made a much nicer offer..

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                          Speaking of former LSC players, Sergio Castillo will be kicking for the Edmonton Elks this season. His previous team wanted him back but Edmonton made a much nicer offer..
                          I was wondering about the team as Mike Reilly won a Grey Cup with the Eskimos. I didn't realize they'd changed their name. I'm sure you remember his last D2 game better than CWU fans do, but he and Null were both on the sidelines one year for the Ram's during the regular season.

Comment

New USFL should be interesting. With the sale of the XFL to Dwayne Johnson, they will not play in 2022, so USFL gives us some type of football to watch. *eyeroll*

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I was wondering about the team as Mike Reilly won a Grey Cup with the Eskimos. I didn't realize they'd changed their name. I'm sure you remember his last D2 game better than CWU fans do, but he and Null were both on the sidelines one year for the Ram's during the regular season.
                              Yes, I was at that game and the sky was filled with footballs. 49-42 if I remember correctly with Reilly throwing balls into the end zone as time ran out.

Keith started 4-5 games for the Rams that year, Sam Bradford came in the next year and they signed some journeyman QB to be the backup. Keith was cut, despite the OC saying in camp that Keith was doing the best of the QBs. So he signed with Carolina and they drafted Cam Newton the next year. That was the end of Keith's pro career.

I think if he had gone to the CFL he would still be playing. In my mind he's the best QB WT has ever had, plus he's a class act.

Yes, Edmonton got pressure from the WOKE folks, just like the Redskins. So they are now the Elks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X