Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• olebuff
    replied
    I can see some schools struggling with financing the extra year along with honoring the incoming freshmen's scholarships. Also , do spring sport participates get to attend school the whole year or just the spring semester, same question for those that just compete in the fall ?

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I guess I read wrong, I thought it was only spring sports, so it wouldn't affect winter/spring sports like basketball. It will make things interesting
    I don't think the NCAA knows what sports it will effect yet. IMHO, there are just too many problems with this idea.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    I guess I read wrong, I thought it was only spring sports, so it wouldn't affect winter/spring sports like basketball. It will make things interesting

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Also, would the extra year be at the original school only?? A senior gets his degree in May. He gets another year due to the virus. Would he be required to stay at the same school? I think we can all see several problems if he was allowed to transfer.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Looks that way to me. This is a bad idea. Nobody thought this through. It's too big of a blanket decision to make in half a day. They should have spent time consulting with all the stakeholders, from Univ admin to players to high schools. Obviously wasnt done.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    Looks like they'll be Dr. Gamble, Linden and Parker

So does that mean this incoming class of recruits in spring sports are just getting screwed over since most schools wont have available scholarships?
    Looks that way to me. This is a bad idea. Nobody thought this through. It's too big of a blanket decision to make in half a day. They should have spent time consulting with all the stakeholders, from Univ admin to players to high schools. Obviously wasnt done.

Leave a comment:

• LionFan
    replied
    Looks like they'll be Dr. Gamble, Linden and Parker

So does that mean this incoming class of recruits in spring sports are just getting screwed over since most schools wont have available scholarships?

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    This will create more problems than it solves. Let's use Wt as an example. (WBB) We have three Sr's. Gamble, Linden, and Parker. Parker will be graduating with a Masters. If she gets another year how would she be academically eligible?? (The progress toward a degree provision) What about Hightower? Out with a medical red-shirt - would she get another year?? The three scholarships have already been given to other incoming freshmen. How will schools fund the returning players without going over the limit?? Will schools have the money to fund them again?? IMHO, the NCAA really shouldn't do this.

Not that I wouldn't love to see these girls play some more, just seems to be a lot of issues that need to be resolved.
    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 03-13-2020, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• texcap
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Only seniors? Everyone else is losing a year too. There's your trouble. Sometimes life isn't fair, and you can't fix it. It doesnt make sense to make it up for seniors but not everyone else, right?
    https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...856924672?s=20

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Only seniors? Everyone else is losing a year too. There's your trouble. Sometimes life isn't fair, and you can't fix it. It doesnt make sense to make it up for seniors but not everyone else, right?

Leave a comment:

• TexanFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied
    Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
    Now all LSC spring sports are cancelled.

correction, all are postponed until March 30.

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    ENMU women's basketball claims 2020 national championship....we called it first!

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by TexanFan View Post

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2020/3/12...csUCUfD9Gk_HfU

Leave a comment:

• TexanFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X