Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another earthquake- in Nevada this time.

BREAKING NEWS: Magnitude 5.0 earthquake strikes this evening 4 miles from Indian Hills, Nevada

Comment

Being raised in a farming/ranching family I was introduced to firearms at an early age. I have several, some of which were my fathers and my uncles. My open carry is an S&W Highway Patrolman.
      Concealed carry is Bersa Thunder Combat One. I have a 12-Gauge Mossberg for home defense. I have a Henry Big Boy (.357) My father left me my prized firearm. He purchased it in 1945 the last year it was made. It's a Browning Automatic Rifle. My gunsmith has completely reconditioned it, itis fully restored and in perfect working order. I probably reload about 60% of my own ammo.
      If they come for my guns, that's one they will pry from my cold dead hand.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Oh, maybe he is like me. I don't really have "ANY" guns so when Beato comes to take mine, I can just shrug my shoulders.
        https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.was...s-beto-orourk/

Comment

Beato has a ready made fury holster custom made to hide a gun. Might be uncomfortable though.

Comment

We are going to see how well the Coronavirus likes heat. High 80s to low 90s this week in Southeast Texas. Seems early this year for that kind of heat. But, I say that every year when it returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
              We are going to see how well the Coronavirus likes heat. High 80s to low 90s this week in Southeast Texas. Seems early this year for that kind of heat. But, I say that every year when it returns.
              Don't know if it's true - heard it can't survive in temp's over 80.
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

It survives in people, and our temp is 99ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I would dispute that. Australia was dealing with the outbreak during their summertime. I would love to be wrong and that helps it go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

That's just the air temperature. The roadways, parking lots and any exposed metals to the sun are always 5 to 10 degrees hotter. My favorite down here is getting into a dark vehicle with black vinyl or leather interior after it has been baking in the sun for hours. If this disease can stand this heat we all are in trouble. Not to mention the suffocating high humidity, Only Florida is worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

That's just the air temperature. The roadways, parking lots and any exposed metals to the sun are always 5 to 10 degrees hotter. My favorite down here is getting into a dark vehicle with black vinyl or leather interior after it has been baking in the sun for hours. If this disease can stand this heat we all are in trouble. Not to mention the suffocating high humidity, Only Florida is worse.
                      I used to think this about the humidity in Texas and Florida. My last site to travel to work took me to Southern Illinois in July 2018. The guy at the site told me to prepare for low 90s and sweltering humidity. I laughed at him on the phone and he said trust me I used to live in Texas too. I got up there and to my surprise he was right. He explained something about how the way corn sweats in combination with the humidity coming off the gulf. My suit was stuck to me and sweated non stop. I kept my mouth shut the whole 3 weeks in was there.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Only SUCKERS buy ammo.....the rest of us make our own. I have thousands of rounds. ;)
                        When I was growing up my uncle was a gunsmith. I was always at his shop.

Comment

I grew up surrounded by firearms. My 49 Chevy pickup had 3 in the rack, 1 in the glovebox and 2 under the seat. I parked it in the school lot and never locked the doors. Jack rabbits, rattlesnakes, dove, quail, deer, beer cans/bottles and whiskey bottles were not safe around me.

How time changes us. Now I do not even own a firearm and have no desire to hunt.

Comment

Name the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                              Name the movie.

Escape from New York of course, Snake!

Comment

Biden put this guy in charge of his gun task force. It's true.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X