Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall football

Word is circulating here in Razorback country that there will likely be no college football this year.

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
    Word is circulating here in Razorback country that there will likely be no college football this year.
    And So, what is unusual about that???

Comment

Comment

My brother is a U of Ark grad , despite our Dad playing football of U of Tx and finishing at WT , he told me they didnt have football last fall anyway.... on serious note boy Arkansas takes Razorbacks seriously cant imagine fall with out football.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Not really surprising since we're a year away from a vaccine. I don't see sports coming back until maybe spring or more likely fall of 2021.

Comment

I am going to disagree with all of the negativity. I think sports will start back up within the next couple of months, at least here in the US I also think we will be getting back to normal in all other areas as well. Some states will come back sooner than others but all will be back up and running by at least August if not sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                  I am going to disagree with all of the negativity. I think sports will start back up within the next couple of months, at least here in the US I also think we will be getting back to normal in all other areas as well. Some states will come back sooner than others but all will be back up and running by at least August if not sooner.

Oh sure, and please remember to maintain proper social distancing (at the game) when exhaling your "happy smoke".
                  Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 03-29-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

It seems a little doubtful, but I hope you're right . No football would send me into severe withdrawal......yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Oh sure, and please remember to maintain proper social distancing (at the game) when exhaling your "happy smoke".
                      Social distancing college football should be fun. Set up both offensive and defensive lines the same way the XFL did on the kickoff and have the QB, WR, and RB's 30 yards from the line of scrimmage. Get within 6 feet of the ball carrier and they are ruled down by contact. :D

Comment

So far this unfounded optimism is leading to some leadership to drag their feet when it has come to making decisions. It's not negativity, it's the reality of the current world we live in. I'm not sure most in the US are aware of the very likely possibility that things get much worse than we've seen so far. We don't even have enough masks to give to first responders. The distillery I'm involved with has pivoted to making hand sanitizer for local hospitals, this is going on around the country. How quickly the flaws in our healthcare system were exposed. Hopefully we can learn some lessons from this and emerge stronger than we were.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

So far this unfounded optimism is leading to some leadership to drag their feet when it has come to making decisions. It's not negativity, it's the reality of the current world we live in. I'm not sure most in the US are aware of the very likely possibility that things get much worse than we've seen so far. We don't even have enough masks to give to first responders. The distillery I'm involved with has pivoted to making hand sanitizer for local hospitals, this is going on around the country. How quickly the flaws in our healthcare system were exposed. Hopefully we can learn some lessons from this and emerge stronger than we were.
                          It's not so much flaws in our healthcare system as it is reliance on medical manufacturing from China.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It's not so much flaws in our healthcare system as it is reliance on medical manufacturing from China.
                            Sounds like a supply chain flaw in our healthcare system. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

It seems a little doubtful, but I hope you're right . No football would send me into severe withdrawal......yikes.
                              So this on twitter a good while ago (you can tell by the number of days without sports) and even my wife got a laugh:

Day 3 without sports...
                              Found a lady sitting on my couch yesterday.
                              She says she's my wife.
                              She seems nice.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X