Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't help but wonder why just one D2 school plays football in a state rich with high school football talent? There are a ton of good high school football players in California, but where are they playing at.....the non D1 and post Juco guys ?

Comment

Dr. Fauci said today that he could see some sports happening in the fall without any fans in attendance and the athletes quantined in a hotel together and tested weekly. That's not going to work for D2 athletics. I think we unfortunately can assume we'll be without most college sports next Fall. And as much as I hate it, thats probably for the best right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ASU55 View Post
        Dr. Fauci said today that he could see some sports happening in the fall without any fans in attendance and the athletes quantined in a hotel together and tested weekly. That's not going to work for D2 athletics. I think we unfortunately can assume we'll be without most college sports next Fall. And as much as I hate it, thats probably for the best right now.
        In addition for D2, as of now they report a week later than D1 does which gives them even less time. It's possible the NCAA changes this but it'll be pretty tough for kids to be physically ready to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
          I can't help but wonder why just one D2 school plays football in a state rich with high school football talent? There are a ton of good high school football players in California, but where are they playing at.....the non D1 and post Juco guys ?
          there's 7 FBS schools
          4 FCS schools
          1 D2 school
          8 D3 schools
          0 NAIA schools

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post

there's 7 FBS schools
            4 FCS schools
            1 D2 school
            8 D3 schools
            0 NAIA schools
            Just for comparison with Texas
            12 FBS
            8 FCS
            7 D2
            10 D3
            4 NAIA

Comment

A lot of D2 schools in California had football up until the early 90's. Can't remember the Prop number but a proposition at the state level changed funding for state schools in California thus ending many football programs. Humboldt was the last real survivor. Azusa (Private school) moved over from NAIA when the writing was on the wall that NAIA football would not survive in Cali. The JUCO system benefited greatly from it because kids mostly think they are D1 athletes and it kept their dream alive by going in state JUCO and maybe getting that D1 offer. With all those kids not having D2 football it made Cali JUCO robust. There are so many JUCO football teams that they solely play other JUCO's within Cali and no other states. So.... basically the football player numbers are similar in Cali, they just shifted from almost all D2 schools to JUCO.

Comment

69 JUCO teams in California

Comment

I think Texas has 6 JUCO football schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post

A lot of D2 schools in California had football up until the early 90's. Can't remember the Prop number but a proposition at the state level changed funding for state schools in California thus ending many football programs. Humboldt was the last real survivor. Azusa (Private school) moved over from NAIA when the writing was on the wall that NAIA football would not survive in Cali. The JUCO system benefited greatly from it because kids mostly think they are D1 athletes and it kept their dream alive by going in state JUCO and maybe getting that D1 offer. With all those kids not having D2 football it made Cali JUCO robust. There are so many JUCO football teams that they solely play other JUCO's within Cali and no other states. So.... basically the football player numbers are similar in Cali, they just shifted from almost all D2 schools to JUCO.
                    With 69 JUCO teams, I'm still wondering what happens to all those players after two years. Sure, some get D1 offers, but that would still leave a lot of players that either give up football or maybe head to D2 schools out of state. Central Missouri used to recruit three or four California JUCO kids each year, but not so much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post

Just for comparison with Texas
                      12 FBS
                      8 FCS
                      7 D2
                      10 D3
                      4 NAIA
                      10 D3? Thought it was like 7 or 8. Plus the 6 JuCo thsttha lot of non scholarship.

Comment

With 69 JUCO teams, I'm still wondering what happens to all those players after two years. Sure, some get D1 offers, but that would still leave a lot of players that either give up football or maybe head to D2 schools out of state. Central Missouri used to recruit three or four California JUCO kids each year, but not so much anymore.
                        After 2/3 years of JUCO if they don't get D1 offers they will filter out to D3, D2, NAIA but most will be done with football.

Comment

Like I said .....looks like we are gonna be playing football, fellas:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...ve-it-will-be/

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                            Like I said .....looks like we are gonna be playing football, fellas:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...ve-it-will-be/
                            I hope you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

So far this unfounded optimism is leading to some leadership to drag their feet when it has come to making decisions. It's not negativity, it's the reality of the current world we live in. I'm not sure most in the US are aware of the very likely possibility that things get much worse than we've seen so far. We don't even have enough masks to give to first responders. The distillery I'm involved with has pivoted to making hand sanitizer for local hospitals, this is going on around the country. How quickly the flaws in our healthcare system were exposed. Hopefully we can learn some lessons from this and emerge stronger than we were.
                              Thank Obamacare!! Healthcare has gone to sh!t. March 23, 2010 was a very sad day for Americans. It just took 9 years for the full effects to be realized.

You should try working in this sh!t everyday. I am starting to feel like a pig farmer!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Thank Obamacare!! Healthcare has gone to sh!t. March 23, 2010 was a very sad day for Americans. It just took 9 years for the full effects to be realized.

You should try working in this sh!t everyday. I am starting to feel like a pig farmer!
                                Our healthcare system has been lacking as a whole for far longer than 10 years. I'm speaking from an all encompassing point of view here and not regarding the quality of care but the availability of it to all citizens. As you are well aware though, that's an entirely different conversation.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X