Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr May resigns?

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/ne...nt/2977555001/

What in the world happened? Dr May was a very ardent supporter of ASU athletics and very prominent in LSC policies regarding athletics. ASU Ram any insights?

Bought a new ranch and said Yippy Ki Yay. I have a feeling that the current shutdown situation influenced the timing but it was coming sooner than later. We shall see.

Comment

The announcement from Texas Tech was kind of cold. I've never known anyone to resign and be gone that day. Also, the Friday of a long weekend. He may have been planning it but it sure seems that maybe not planning it as soon as it happened. Normal retirement, you give your notice and stay at least til the end of the semester.

Comment

Ya there is clearly something very wrong going on here. Brian May is not like this. You don't work for a college for most of your adult life, serve as President for almost a decade and then resign on the spot without a statement during the biggest crisis in a lifetime. Then you read the Boards statement, typically in a normal retirmentvey would thank him for the years of service and all the great things he's done, it's a pretty boiler plate statement in every other instance. The lack of that in this statement speaks volumes.

I have no idea what happened. I have nothing but mass respect for Brian. But something is very fishy here. Something happened.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X