Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&M campuses to reopen/have football this fall

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/04...hJ_ecIpFGbG3-Q

May also be a lot of rah-rah to try to keep incoming students gravitating towards campuses. I know lots of fall 2020 freshman have reconsidered going to a brick and mortar college for their first year and instead are opting for JUCOs and CCs.

Comment

Dr. Wendler, president of WT, sent a message that strict social distancing would be enforced. He also said that there would be sports. I guess you limit attendance to about 1/6 of the capacity of the venue, so 1,500 at football and 350 at volleyball. I think these tickets need to go to the students since they have to pay the fees. I guess you need to get your checkbooks out if you want tickets.

Comment

Last yr every FB BB WBB VB and just about every sport played in the PSAC was broadcast on the free PSAC channel.
        I get mine on RUKU or ROKU, whatever. I'm a SR & vulnerable so I've seen every game I wanted to. I also pick up all other leagues but some really have scant coverage.
        Last edited by Sec10-A-14; 04-30-2020, 07:25 PM. Reason: Grammerical error

Comment

Premature eja********!!!

We will see what happens. August/September is a long way off.

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post
            May also be a lot of rah-rah to try to keep incoming students gravitating towards campuses. I know lots of fall 2020 freshman have reconsidered going to a brick and mortar college for their first year and instead are opting for JUCOs and CCs.
            I think a lot of students are also going to take a gap year. I couldn't imagine paying $20,000 for Zoom classes.

Dartmouth actually sent letters to it's incoming freshmen requesting that they do so. The class of 2024 may be the smallest we've ever had, followed by the class of 2025 which may be the biggest.

Comment

Good maybe WT will play A&M and Tech this Year . wink, wink

Comment

Dunno. Might be difficult to have a season with the Asian Murder Hornet flying around and the second wave of coronavirus. ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X