Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom with Wt AD

Buffalo Club members were given the opportunity to have a Zoom meeting with our AD this morning. Good information was shared. All Lone Star schools will be open in the fall for on-campus classes and sports. It is unknown if social distancing guidelines will apply. Wt has several "seating options" prepared for different occupancy levels at sporting events. A plan that is being discussed, at the national level N.C.A.A., is reducing the number of games played by 25% to 30%. A plan which is not acceptable to our AD. In a move that is long over-due, ALL Lone Star schools will be streaming all sporting events, home and away. Access will be by a day and/or season pass. Seniors on our spring sports teams will be welcomed back with scholarships in place. It appears to me that Wt is in a position to weather this storm.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Unfortunately, LOTS of ADs at all levels are blowing HUGE amounts of smoke. As are many in all NCAA sports.

The KILLER for WT is just building a new stadium ahead of a pandemic, economical crash, and now the NEW future of sports. Less students and "a new world", I am afraid, will cost WT and ALL universities dearly.

And life as we knew it is, for sure, gone.....forever! Unfortunately, we can never go back. Just prepare for a new norm from here on out. And maintain those great memories of yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      Unfortunately, LOTS of ADs at all levels are blowing HUGE amounts of smoke. As are many in all NCAA sports.

The KILLER for WT is just building a new stadium ahead of a pandemic, economical crash, and now the NEW future of sports. Less students and "a new world", I am afraid, will cost WT and ALL universities dearly.

And life as we knew it is, for sure, gone.....forever! Unfortunately, we can never go back. Just prepare for a new norm from here on out. And maintain those great memories of yesterday.
      Unfortunately, I believe you are right on!

Comment

Since you work in the medical industry, do you mind elaborating? I read online consistently about everything going on and I get so many polar opposite views. I somehow think the real truth is somewhere in the middle of the extreme views and neither is being honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Since you work in the medical industry, do you mind elaborating? I read online consistently about everything going on and I get so many polar opposite views. I somehow think the real truth is somewhere in the middle of the extreme views and neither is being honest.
          I am not sure what you are specifically asking me to elaborate on.

Comment

I am not sure what you are specifically asking me to elaborate on.
            Sorry, the medical side of things and the new norm. Mainly your last paragraph. I understand the economic impact all of this is going to have on colleges.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Sorry, the medical side of things and the new norm. Mainly your last paragraph. I understand the economic impact all of this is going to have on colleges.
              The experience and fear caused by this novel virus will have long term effects. These effects will cause people to adjust their lives accordingly

Try to think of life without the Flu. Influenza changed life forever. SARS CoV 2 will do the same.

If you are asking my opinion as far as what will happen with the pandemic....I think it will go on for up to two years and them may be the next "flu". But, NO ONE knows much about this virus. Anyone in science or healthcare, including guys like Fauci, are giving opinions based on educated guesses. Anyone who claims different is a fool.

From this pandemic, new norms will be established. New opportunities will arise and new methods of living will be established. Hence why I said life will never be the same.

If you have specific questions, I would be happy to try and answer them for you.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X