Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Schedule Adjustment

The schedule reductions include all sports.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

So how will teams decide which ones get cancelled? I have a feeling this is going to cause some ugly schedule issues

Comment

OOC games will be dropped from the schedule first. Then those with silo schedules only have to cut 1 game. GNAC is going to have the toughest time just trying to get to the minimum of 7 games.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        So how will teams decide which ones get cancelled? I have a feeling this is going to cause some ugly schedule issues
        It should work if every one just drops Commerce.

Comment

Well it'd definitely give everyone a higher winning %. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
            OOC games will be dropped from the schedule first. Then those with silo schedules only have to cut 1 game. GNAC is going to have the toughest time just trying to get to the minimum of 7 games.
            Right, but most teams have multiple out of conference games. We can drop one and be at 10, but what if all of ours want to drop, then we are at 7 and suddenly multiple games short and screwed in playoff scenarios because they backed out?

I'd think in our particular position it'd make the most sense to drop Azusa seeing as how closed off California is, but who knows.

Comment

Right, but most teams have multiple out of conference games. We can drop one and be at 10, but what if all of ours want to drop, then we are at 7 and suddenly multiple games short and screwed in playoff scenarios because they backed out?

I'd think in our particular position it'd make the most sense to drop Azusa seeing as how closed off California is, but who knows.
              It could get ugly for Azusa, our first game - I would think we would drop them also.

Comment

The Lone Star is going to be a mess in other sports just due to the size of the conference.

Comment

I think the GNAC teams will get hurt for sure. The LSC could just cancel all games except conference games and be fine. 7 D2 games without traveling far and playoff eligible. I hope it does not happen but I see this sort of scenario could happen.

Comment

Wouldn't that be nearly impossible to make playoffs through if you've got 7 vs others having 10?

Comment

Wouldn't that be nearly impossible to make playoffs through if you've got 7 vs others having 10?
                      I think you have to have at least 8 or 9 D2 games to be eligible for the playoffs? If so you better go 8-0. Anything less you lose a tiebreaker to everyone else especially if you are a GNAC team. Maybe those playoffs rules will be relaxed for this year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I think you have to have at least 8 or 9 D2 games to be eligible for the playoffs? If so you better go 8-0. Anything less you lose a tiebreaker to everyone else especially if you are a GNAC team. Maybe those playoffs rules will be relaxed for this year as well.
                        For next year the number of games for playoffs has been changed to 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

For next year the number of games for playoffs has been changed to 7.
                          Ah ok thanks for the clarification. Premise stays the same. Go undefeated and remove all doubt.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X