Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Angelo State football games of the decade

Charles Bryce did a great job on this article.

Dang, that #6 is a good looking kid (cough, cough).

Some GREAT memories! Look at the size of the crowds at the ASU VS TAMUC games. Good days indeed!

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sp...de/5199513002/

I doped my subscription to USA Today (San Angelo) and used up all of my free website visits. Could you list those games

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      Charles Bryce did a great job on this article.

Dang, that #6 is a good looking kid (cough, cough).

Some GREAT memories! Look at the size of the crowds at the ASU VS TAMUC games. Good days indeed!

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sp...de/5199513002/
      I bet it doesn't have the loss to ENMU after going into half with a 28 point lead....
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
          I doped my subscription to USA Today (San Angelo) and used up all of my free website visits. Could you list those games
          1. ASU-Michigan Tech 2014, NCAA D-II playoff opener. ASU 42-MTU 41
          2. ASU-Texas A&M Commerce 2014, LSC Playoff Championship. ASU 35-TAMUC 33
          3. ASU-Eastern New Mexico 2010, Week 1. ASU 41-ENMU 38
          4. ASU-Chadron State 2011, Week 2. ASU 49-Chadron 42
          5. ASU-Abilene Christian 2012, Week 4 ASU 28-ACU 22
          6. ASU-Tarleton State 2014, Week 8. ASU 34-TSU 31
          7. ASU-Midwestern State 2019, Week 4. ASU 28-MSU 6
          8. ASU-Texas A&M Kingsville 2015, Week 7. ASU 39-TAMUK 34
          9. ASU-Northern Michigan 2016, Week 2. ASU 47-NMU 41 (3 OT)
          10. ASU-Texas A&M Commerce 2013, Week 9. ASU 25-TAMUC 20

Comment

My son was.injured that entire season, so I didn't see that game. I know my & CJ were both out 2's & 3's played.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
              1. ASU-Michigan Tech 2014, NCAA D-II playoff opener. ASU 42-MTU 41
              2. ASU-Texas A&M Commerce 2014, LSC Playoff Championship. ASU 35-TAMUC 33
              3. ASU-Eastern New Mexico 2010, Week 1. ASU 41-ENMU 38
              4. ASU-Chadron State 2011, Week 2. ASU 49-Chadron 42
              5. ASU-Abilene Christian 2012, Week 4 ASU 28-ACU 22
              6. ASU-Tarleton State 2014, Week 8. ASU 34-TSU 31
              7. ASU-Midwestern State 2019, Week 4. ASU 28-MSU 6
              8. ASU-Texas A&M Kingsville 2015, Week 7. ASU 39-TAMUK 34
              9. ASU-Northern Michigan 2016, Week 2. ASU 47-NMU 41 (3 OT)
              10. ASU-Texas A&M Commerce 2013, Week 9. ASU 25-TAMUC 20
              I would have to go with the 2011 Chadron game as the best. CJ took that game over the second half. One of the best single game performance I have seen at ASU.

Comment

I would have to go with the 2011 Chadron game as the best. CJ took that game over the second half. One of the best single game performance I have seen at ASU.
                Dakarai was out in 2011. CJ was his #2. He had a good year. But the Chadron game? CJ had 5 catches for 117 yds. 3 over 20. Hardly the best at ASU. Heck even CJ vs ENMU in 2012 was better.

Dono vs Tarleton 2015 187yds, Talon vs Mich Tech 2014 169 yds, heck Keke vs TAMUK 194 yds last season.

The record books don't lie.....Don Burrell 233 yds vs SW Texas State in '67 was the best single game performance in ASU history.

Bryce had it dead accurate. Maybe not in that order, but certainly those games.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Dakarai was out in 2011. CJ was his #2. He had a good year. But the Chadron game? CJ had 5 catches for 117 yds. 3 over 20. Hardly the best at ASU. Heck even CJ vs ENMU in 2012 was better.

Dono vs Tarleton 2015 187yds, Talon vs Mich Tech 2014 169 yds, heck Keke vs TAMUK 194 yds last season.

The record books don't lie.....Don Burrell 233 yds vs SW Texas State in '67 was the best single game performance in ASU history.

Bryce had it dead accurate. Maybe not in that order, but certainly those games.
                  I wasn't referring to yardage or # of catches, it was when and how he made those five catches. Every one of them either set up a score or saved a drive. Seemed like on the game winning catch and run every one of Chadron's defenders had a shot at him. A gutsy performance.

I saw all of those games except Michigan Tech and MSU last fall. I'd still rate Chadron 2011 as the best.

Never saw Burrell play. He left the year before I came to ASU. All I know about him that the guys who did know him liked to tell us about one question on his Human Anatomy final. The question was "What is connected to the anus". His answer was "hair"

Comment

I wasn't referring to yardage or # of catches, it was when and how he made those five catches. Every one of them either set up a score or saved a drive. Seemed like on the game winning catch and run every one of Chadron's defenders had a shot at him. A gutsy performance.

I saw all of those games except Michigan Tech and MSU last fall. I'd still rate Chadron 2011 as the best.

Never saw Burrell play. He left the year before I came to ASU. All I know about him that the guys who did know him liked to tell us about one question on his Human Anatomy final. The question was "What is connected to the anus". His answer was "hair"
                    That was two great weeks.....my birthday week. 1st Gunnison, CO. It was beautiful. Then the next Saturday in NE. Another beautiful, sunny day.

I guess we watched 2 different games. The BIG plays was Schump's 20+ yd fumble recovery for a TD & DJ's 30+ yd fumble recovery for a TD. Defense lit up 2nd half. Those 4 forced fumbles was the difference. THATS what made the game. And Nate had 2 nice TD receptions. Also.

CJ had a nice grab for the winning TD with like hardly no time on the clock.

Exciting game? Yes. "Best in the decade"....70707 not by far.

But as the saying goes, opinions are like a-holes, we all have one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X