Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is nuts. I understand some precautions but geez

Comment

Speaking of coordinators, did WT hire a new OC?

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Speaking of coordinators, did WT hire a new OC?
        Coach Martin, the former head coach from CO Mesa

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Coach Martin, the former head coach from CO Mesa
          Thanks. Was it ever announced? I can't find anything on Russ Martin, except that he left his last job. I even looked on Coach Hughes' twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Thanks. Was it ever announced? I can't find anything on Russ Martin, except that he left his last job. I even looked on Coach Hughes' twitter.
            There hasn't been a formal announcement from WT. Hughes said it would be delayed because he doesn't get here until July. Coach Martin released a statement on Twitter about it

Comment

Just my opinion, but Eastern's program does not survive if they take a year off...

Comment

Originally posted by BuffAlum06 View Post

Just my opinion, but Eastern's program does not survive if they take a year off...
                I hope they do survive, but western and highlands are probably in more danger.
                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

I know it's different from state to state but it seems like at this point we are all just living pretty normal, right? I've been to the beach many times, I've been to many stores, people are gathering in giant groups all over cities and being praised for it. Why are we still acting like we can't play football?
                  * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                  * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                  * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                  * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

I hope they do survive, but western and highlands are probably in more danger.
                    Agreed, will/would definitely lead to a sad state of affairs for small school sports in the State of New Mexico...

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                      I know it's different from state to state but it seems like at this point we are all just living pretty normal, right? I've been to the beach many times, I've been to many stores, people are gathering in giant groups all over cities and being praised for it. Why are we still acting like we can't play football?
                      Cause NM governor is hell bent on using everything she can on this to make it worse. We are likely to not have kids in school either cone August.

Comment

Over 20 states have rising hospitalizations, but sure we're at about normal...120,000 deaths in 4 months...Normal in exactly what world?! U of Houston just had 6 players test positive. They are shutting down workouts...
                        Last edited by WarriorVoice; 06-13-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Cause NM governor is hell bent on using everything she can on this to make it worse. We are likely to not have kids in school either cone August.
                          Yes she is. My parents live in Portales and are strongly considering moving back to Texas once my Step-Dad retires in December. He spent 21 years in the AF with his last 6 at Cannon and devoted 26 years more with On-base Civilian service between Luke AFB and back to Cannon AFB. It's just sad to see them want to leave everything they have built in NM because of how the State is being ran...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                            Over 20 states have rising hospitalizations, but sure we're at about normal...120,000 deaths in 4 months...Normal in exactly what world?! U of Houston just had 6 players test positive. They are shutting down workouts...
                            How many people die yearly?

What are the ages? 90%ish are 70+, im not saying they are unimportant but there are better ways of doing this, we have to live not just survive. This sickness is not going away.

Comment

Per the CDC. as of June 10th, there were 95,608 deaths attributed to Covid-19. 31,778 of them were aged 85 or older, 25,520 were between 75-84. Another 30,000 between 55-74, so yes the numbers indicate the large majority are on those age groups. Your 90% for 70+ is way off, but I'm sure you stand corrected...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                                Yeah, 6 players test positive. Test positive for what though? Certain death? No. I bet every single one of those players is absolutely fine in a few weeks. Do we shut down life when 6 players have food poisoning or the flu? Maybe it's a little stronger than the flu, jury still seems to be out, but I think there is a lot more going on here than just "this virus is so bad." None of the rules for any of this thing make sense. People die from different viruses all the time and that is tragic, but if we live in a bubble every time there is a chance of getting the flu that is also pretty tragic.
                                * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                                * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                                * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                                * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X