X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Sure.....

Comment

Interesting that you bring that up as we have a neighbor who's son plays on a high school football team here. He has several friends on the team who have had fevers and headaches and they are just keeping quiet so they aren't the cause of the workouts being shut down or season affected, and probably their starting position on the ball team! This is probably going on at every school in America right now

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Interesting that you bring that up as we have a neighbor who's son plays on a high school football team here. He has several friends on the team who have had fevers and headaches and they are just keeping quiet so they aren't the cause of the workouts being shut down or season affected, and probably their starting position on the ball team! This is probably going on at every school in America right now
        I believe it happens for work also. Some people can't afford to miss work while sick and then be quarantined for an additional two weeks, whatever it may be. So never go to the doctor and no quarantine

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

I don't know how many first hand accounts I've heard of people who had symptoms of Covid 19 before it was officially declared to have reached our shores back in January. People were saying they had a flu like virus they couldn't shake like the normal flu. And yea people have it or may not know they have it or find out they have it or had it, AFTER an employer sends them to get tested or they are just curious and get tested themselves. The availability of testing is pumping up these numbers where as a couple of months ago, certainly a significant number of people rode it out so they could keep on working or whatever due in part to testing being limited and only given to those who had multiple symptoms on the checklist other than the one or two they may have now.
          Last edited by LSC Fan; 07-16-2020, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I believe it happens for work also. Some people can't afford to miss work while sick and then be quarantined for an additional two weeks, whatever it may be. So never go to the doctor and no quarantine
            Not only that, but there are a lot of people who think it's just the sniffles and have to be tough and "power through it."

That's how a lot of company cultures operate nowadays.

Comment

I assume many can't currently afford to go to the doctor on top of having been unemployed for however many weeks they might have been impacted. The sad state of our for profit healthcare system certainly comes to light in instances such as this. We certainly might have the best doctors or best research or whatever one might argue here, but the average person doesn't benefit from that. An entirely different conversation that doesn't need to be had here but certainly frustrating when trying to accurately study a new virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I assume many can't currently afford to go to the doctor on top of having been unemployed for however many weeks they might have been impacted. The sad state of our for profit healthcare system certainly comes to light in instances such as this. We certainly might have the best doctors or best research or whatever one might argue here, but the average person doesn't benefit from that. An entirely different conversation that doesn't need to be had here but certainly frustrating when trying to accurately study a new virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  we have our hands full already.
                  Although, were those undocumented workers not hired by American business owners in favor of Americans then they wouldn't be here at all.

As for what's in bold, boy do we ever. Colorado mandated masks today, I can't wait to see everyone whining about their freedom as they buckle their mandated seat belts and go the mandated speed limit in their mandated car that is registered to the government yearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Although, were those undocumented workers not hired by American business owners in favor of Americans then they wouldn't be here at all.

As for what's in bold, boy do we ever. Colorado mandated masks today, I can't wait to see everyone whining about their freedom as they buckle their mandated seat belts and go the mandated speed limit in their mandated car that is registered to the government yearly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X