Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I'm not a narcotics enthusiast.

The cases never spiked in Minnesota after the protests. I don't know where Brazoria County is, but I feel for them. Both of our examples are anecdotal, but seeing as how the bulk of the protesting ended over a month ago and we're just now seeing spikes in cases, I don't think the protests had as much of an effect as you think they do.

Comment

Yes, all large gatherings are a bad idea. Including church, or protesting to go to Great Clips to cut your mullet. However, plenty of states have also opened up more without coming close to meeting the suggested guidelines to do so. This, as you know, includes Texas. So between protesting for whatever it is you choose, an increase in testing, and more businesses opening up...we will obviously see an increase in cases. Some want to only blame BLM protests, some only want to blame whatever else. It's a combination of things leading to the spikes though. I'm actually hoping this is finally a post you can chill out and agree with rather than going off on some random rant because I posted it. Let's see...

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Yes, all large gatherings are a bad idea. Including church, or protesting to go to Great Clips to cut your mullet. However, plenty of states have also opened up more without coming close to meeting the suggested guidelines to do so. This, as you know, includes Texas. So between protesting for whatever it is you choose, an increase in testing, and more businesses opening up...we will obviously see an increase in cases. Some want to only blame BLM protests, some only want to blame whatever else. It's a combination of things leading to the spikes though. I'm actually hoping this is finally a post you can chill out and agree with rather than going off on some random rant because I posted it. Let's see...

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I have zero first hand knowledge of what happened there or what is happening there, so, I can not really give an educated response.
          This post is going to get pretty long, but I want to clarify my stance.

Minnesota erupted almost overnight. The news only focused on Minneapolis, and St. Paul (to a much lesser extent) - but almost every large town in Minnesota, many of the suburbs, and even quite a few smaller towns had their own protests. I live in a town of about 5,000 and we had a protest of 300-500 people, as an example. MDH had testing centers on site at the bigger protests and urged everyone involved to get a test. Those sites have long since closed down.

The conversation got twisted around as it went on - which is really my fault. The OP's original point is that the protestors were not wearing masks or socially distancing. My counter was, yes, they were wearing masks and distancing whenever possible - and that helped curb the spread of the virus. It really boiled down to my own opinion based on what I saw, but I'll include a source below that supports my argument. Being in a crowd is dangerous right now and can contribute to exponential spread, and I didn't mean to make it sound like I don't believe that.

What OP was doing was lumping the George Floyd protestors in with the haircut protestors, who largely weren't wearing masks - which is a strawman argument and didn't really hold up.

The latest spike in cases, which is pretty minimal, is largely attributed to the reopening of bars in Mankato (and Minneapolis to a lesser extent), and a lax in daily social distancing. For context, Mankato is one of the biggest college party towns in the country, and Rounder's and The 507 are at the heart of that scene. Great place to be during the day, but I wouldn't go there anytime after 5 or 6. It gets really dense.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/0...-covid19-in-mn

Here are a couple sources about the protests - this is just from a quick google search, I tried not to find ones with large obvious political slants, although I'm sure someone will be there to tell me it's all "fake news."

https://ktoe.com/2020/06/22/mdh-15-t...been-positive/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...3ji-story.html

Essentially, there are far too many variables at play. Did MDH test enough? Did they do adequate contract tracing? The big stat we've watched here is the hospitalization rate which has trended downwards, quite significantly, as has the death rate.

Also - I can't speak for Texas, or Georgia, or California. Since the original comment was referencing the protests, which were heaviest in Minnesota - I figured I could weigh in with what I know.

Comment

Please elaborate by posting your sources. I'm not making fun of you, I'm generally curious to read the information that you have. I posted my sources in a previous post, now it's your turn.

We can agree that protesting, in whatever form, did increase the case count - it's the extent of which that we disagree on.

Comment

I have nothing against you personally, and my disagreement has not amounted to anything more than that.

The difference between the two of us though, is that I'm not telling people they're smoking crack for believing what they believe. That's what I have a problem with.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Please elaborate by posting your sources. I'm not making fun of you, I'm generally curious to read the information that you have. I posted my sources in a previous post, now it's your turn.

We can agree that protesting, in whatever form, did increase the case count - it's the extent of which that we disagree on.
                https://www.worldometers.info/corona...us-death-toll/

Here you go brother. You can analyze the data from your state to all over the world. It appears there is no end in sight unless the vaccines do the trick. I also have data from the local and state sites if you would like. Also, since we do not know if the masks help or not your beliefs or what you think matters little to a disease. I apologize for my abruptness, I need to work on that.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0GQoWPLv09E

Here you go Pops. A medical doctor in your own backyard gives his expertise on how to treat COVID-19 patients. Dr Procter
                  Last edited by Techster88; 07-08-2020, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Here you go Pops. A medical doctor in your own backyard gives his expertise on how to treat COVID-19 patients. Dr Procter
                    This video was shut down for its inaccuracy.

Comment

FYI....this guy has been selling "snake oil" for YEARS. Cures HIV, cancers, baldness, ED, and many others. LOL707
                      Last edited by ASUPops; 07-10-2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Yeah, click on that link again. Fake News as I believe they say?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

FYI....this guy has been selling "snake oil" for YEARS. Cures HIV, cancers, baldness, ED, and many others. LOL707

Comment

Reading this forum it appears that some folks are so scared of the virus that they will never feel safe again.
                            So I'm curious?
                            Who, What, Where, When will ever make those folks feel as though they can ever come out of their bunker, rip that mask off and take a deep breath of air without having their lungs explode from all the nasty, little covids they suck in? From what we read, the covids are now airborne and can dive bomb us from the stratosphere. Is there safety anywhere?
                            So Who, What, Where,When will make those folks who have bought in to all the hype from the MSM and government ever feel that is sate to go outside without a mask or be closer than 6 ft from someone?
                            Will it be confidence in stats from those bastions of truth and honesty, the CDC and WHO? Will it be words of reassurance from little Dr. Fauci? How about a miracle vaccine? Wow, that's bound to make you feel safe. Be first in line for that one. Even with a vaccine, the CDC (if you belief their numbers) reported between 10/1/19-4/4/20, 39M-56M flu cases, 410k-740K hospitalizations and 24K-62K deaths in just the USA. So why be so confident that a vaccine will save the human race?
                            Seriously, have you thought about it? The nasty, little covids aren't simply going to disappear, at least until Nov. 3. (Sadly, if Hillary were president, we wouldn't even know this was happening. The MSM would make sure of that.) So is there anything that can be done or we we all just live in fear and wear hazmat suits the rest of our miserable lives?

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                              Reading this forum it appears that some folks are so scared of the virus that they will never feel safe again.
                              So I'm curious?
                              Who, What, Where, When will ever make those folks feel as though they can ever come out of their bunker, rip that mask off and take a deep breath of air without having their lungs explode from all the nasty, little covids they suck in? From what we read, the covids are now airborne and can dive bomb us from the stratosphere. Is there safety anywhere?
                              So Who, What, Where,When will make those folks who have bought in to all the hype from the MSM and government ever feel that is sate to go outside without a mask or be closer than 6 ft from someone?
                              Will it be confidence in stats from those bastions of truth and honesty, the CDC and WHO? Will it be words of reassurance from little Dr. Fauci? How about a miracle vaccine? Wow, that's bound to make you feel safe. Be first in line for that one. Even with a vaccine, the CDC (if you belief their numbers) reported between 10/1/19-4/4/20, 39M-56M flu cases, 410k-740K hospitalizations and 24K-62K deaths in just the USA. So why be so confident that a vaccine will save the human race?
                              Seriously, have you thought about it? The nasty, little covids aren't simply going to disappear, at least until Nov. 3. (Sadly, if Hillary were president, we wouldn't even know this was happening. The MSM would make sure of that.) So is there anything that can be done or we we all just live in fear and wear hazmat suits the rest of our miserable lives?
                              Where do you live?

Comment

I am starting to believe that our times have the worst generation gap I have ever witnessed.

It appears modern times and technology have FAR surpassed our older generations like never before. And our younger generations have ZERO respect for older generations.

It is growing more and more obvious each day. No wonder our country is so divided. YIKES!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X