Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    I am starting to believe that our times have the worst generation gap I have ever witnessed.

It appears modern times and technology have FAR surpassed our older generations like never before. And our younger generations have ZERO respect for older generations.

It is growing more and more obvious each day. No wonder our country is so divided. YIKES!!
    What set us ahead of the world is that we have always valued the lives of our children....till now. Now they are being asked to sacrifice tremendously so their grandparents can have a 1.3% of dying from anything instead of a 1.7% chance of dying with covid included.

What is worse is that we are SHAMING parents and children for "not caring for grandma" because they want their kids to be able to go to school, to have meaningful experiences with friends. Shaming parents for wanting to keep their jobs and homes and to he able to provide a better future fir their own kids.

We didn't shut down and hide with polio, tuberculosis, whooping cough, small pox, measles etc.

We survived those things, even thrived, did they give serious challenges, yes but we moved forward.
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

And, this breaking news story from our great national media never biased cough cough, it is being reported that Chicken Little says the sky is definitely falling.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...ealth-53233070

I thought this was interesting that the Medical folks are now retracting their how harmful it is to take Hydroxychloroquine for Coronavirus. Someone forgot to tell the cable news and the late night water boys this because they still continue on about the drug being most harmful.

Comment

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...orpus-christi/
        Last edited by ASUPops; 07-11-2020, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Where do you live?
          Texas Panhandle. Does that matter?
          Still wondering what it will take for those scared to death to feel safe? The hype has worked on a lot of folks.

Comment

Tragic, but still a very rare occurrence.

I feel for his parents. Losing a child sucks for any reason.

Comment

This whole Coronavirus pandemic is like shooting arrows in the dark to see if you find the magic arrow. In the meantime stay under that rock or that safe bunker. It appears now that the WHO, an organization that has proven to be inept as anyone else, has backtracked on the disease being airborne. So get out your goggles because the mask isn't going to stop the microns from getting into your eyes. Better yet if everyone would just start wearing a gas mask I guarantee we will stop the spread of this disease.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...of-coronavirus

TBH, I really thought the way this disease was spreading so rapidly it had to be airborne but the people in the know have rejected this idea from the start. How much are GAS MASKS going for these days????

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53329946

https://www.nst.com.my/world/world/2...st-coronavirus

Mestel SGE 400/3 Gas Mask $185 great value

Last edited by Techster88; 07-11-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Where do you live?
                In the land of the lost where we are all residing right now. Not really sure what this has to do with the price of Tea in China. Your Ok Pops its these crazy times we live in.

Comment

Governor Abbott is threatening to shutdown Texas again due to the rise in covid case numbers. Wow that will really works, just like it did the first time. As soon as some numbers drop, he eases up on the shutdown and, lo and behold, what happens? People come out of hiding, cases increase again, so impose another shutdown. So the cycle goes on and meanwhile thousands are left unemployed, businesses ruined, livelihoods destroyed.

The next thing we'll be urged not to use is our cell phones. Why? Well if the nasty, little covids are truly airborne, they can be like little paratroopers and float down on your phone and when you put it to your ear, the little devils leap onto your earlobe, then slog through the wax in our ears until they reach the eustachian tube. Once there, they slither down to the the throat, find there way to the lungs and next thing you know, you're on a respirator and eventually pushing up daisies. So remember that when using your cell phone. Otherwise, it may require a mask too.

Seriously, that's just how absurd this whole pandemic has become. Once again I ask the question, Who, What, Where will make some folks feel safe?
                  Last edited by oldbuff; 07-11-2020, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                    Governor Abbott is threatening to shutdown Texas again due to the rise in covid case numbers. Wow that will really works, just like it did the first time. As soon as some numbers drop, he eases up on the shutdown and, lo and behold, what happens? People come out of hiding, cases increase again, so impose another shutdown. So the cycle goes on and meanwhile thousands are left unemployed, businesses ruined, livelihoods destroyed.

The next thing we'll be urged not to use is our cell phones. Why? Well if the nasty, little covids are truly airborne, they can be like little paratroopers and float down on your phone and when you put it to your ear, the little devils leap onto your earlobe, then slog through the wax in our ears until they reach the eustachian tube. Once there, they slither down to the the throat, find there way to the lungs and next thing you know, you're on a respirator and eventually pushing up daisies. So remember that when using your cell phone. Otherwise, it may require a mask too.

Seriously, that's just how absurd this whole pandemic has become. Once again I ask the question, Who, What, Where will make some folks feel safe?
                    As a resident of a state where we REALLY did have a lockdown in March, it made a huge difference. The cases fell and with the exception of 1 county, all of PA is doing pretty well. Our hospitals are NOT overwhelmed, and we have Covid under control. We need to stay vigilant, stay out of crowded places, and wear masks in public. You can't go into a store without shoes or a shirt, so now add a facemask to that list and our chances of keeping it at bay until we get a vaccine are better. PA got real leadership from Governor Wolf, and alot of sass from the Republican in our State House.

Comment

Funny a year ago I would have been more afraid of conspiracy theorists being upset that people could NOT cover their face in public for fear of 5G facial recognition software.
                      It is a mask, not a muzzle or a shorthorn short. Heck the government mandates that we wear pants and women have to wear a top. Funny how privilege shows when people get told what they have to wear in public.
                      Last edited by UCObluejay; 07-11-2020, 05:46 PM.
                      Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

As a resident of a state where we REALLY did have a lockdown in March, it made a huge difference. The cases fell and with the exception of 1 county, all of PA is doing pretty well. Our hospitals are NOT overwhelmed, and we have Covid under control. We need to stay vigilant, stay out of crowded places, and wear masks in public. You can't go into a store without shoes or a shirt, so now add a facemask to that list and our chances of keeping it at bay until we get a vaccine are better. PA got real leadership from Governor Wolf, and alot of sass from the Republican in our State House.
                        PA nearly 7k deaths..... 543 per million

Texas 3200...... 111 per million...

but we know wait 2 more weeks......

BTW I'm in New Mexico where our governor is doing her level best to make this hurt as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                          Funny a year ago I would have been more afraid of conspiracy theorists being upset that people could NOT cover their face in public for fear of 5G facial recognition software.
                          It is a mask, not a muzzle or a shorthorn short. Heck the government mandates that we wear pants and women have to wear a top. Funny how privilege shows when people get told what they have to wear in public.
                          The governor of New Mexico has soo bought into the mask hysteria that kids running in 100* heat are supposed to keep them on at all times.

BTW those laws about shoes etc were passes by legislative processes, not by dictorial fiat.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post

Texas Panhandle. Does that matter?
                            Still wondering what it will take for those scared to death to feel safe? The hype has worked on a lot of folks.
                            Was curious. And yes....where someone lives can impact their level of fear of this disease.
                            Last edited by ASUPops; 07-11-2020, 09:05 PM.

Comment

STAY HEALTHY. STAY SAFE.
                              Last edited by ASUPops; 07-11-2020, 09:03 PM.

Comment

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
                                Last edited by ASUPops; 07-11-2020, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X