• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    STAY HEALTHY. STAY SAFE.
    You too Pops.
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Just a headsup Old Buff and olebuff are not the same person .

Comment

How many 6 week old children have not died of covid-19 would have been a good addition to the reporting. I would like to know how many 6 week old children live in the USA for some perspective on the report.

Comment

I live in Canyon/Amarillo, Texas in the middle of the Panhandle.

I own Subways and a Taco Bell in communities that surround Amarillo; trade areas of 5,000 to 25,000 population. All our employees have temps taken and logged before each shift. All wear masks while working. Employees wash hands many times each shift and gloves have been standard for years.

Anecdotally, in conversations with our 10 general managers, it seems about 1 in 10 customers are wearing masks when they enter our Subways to pick up orders. No one wears a mask in cars while using drive-thru (4 Subways and TB).

My severely immune compromised 60 yr old wife wears a mask everywhere and gloves at her daily gym work-out. I wear a mask when I go to the doc, which is the only place I go (being recently paralyzed the waist down from a blown med procedure by one of our infallible med providers). We will take vaccine(s) as soon as they are available.

I'm not a tin-hatter. However, I would like to see broader perspective when discussing (and reporting) this disease.

Oh, BTW, how can someone with the moniker "Great White Buffalo" be allowed to post anywhere today? Hmm.
          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 07-12-2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            I live in Canyon/Amarillo, Texas in the middle of the Panhandle.

I own Subways and a Taco Bell in communities that surround Amarillo; trade areas of 5,000 to 25,000 population. All our employees have temps taken and logged before each shift. All wear masks while working. Employees wash hands many times each shift and gloves have been standard for years.

Anecdotally, in conversations with our 10 general managers, it seems about 1 in 10 customers are wearing masks when they enter our Subways to pick up orders. No one wears a mask in cars while using drive-thru (4 Subways and TB).

My severely immune compromised 60 yr old wife wears a mask everywhere and gloves at her daily gym work-out. I wear a mask when I go to the doc, which is the only place I go (being recently paralyzed the waist down from a blown med procedure by one of our infallible med providers). We will take vaccine(s) as soon as they are available.

I'm not a tin-hatter. However, I would like to see broader perspective when discussing (and reporting) this disease.

Oh, BTW, how can someone with the moniker "Great White Buffalo" be allowed to post anywhere today? Hmm.
            Great post.

Comment

Well sports fans.....it appears that it was only a matter of time. I have come down ill. To be tested on Tuesday. Its liked I just got stopped in my tracks by an oncoming train. WOW.

STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY.

Comment

Take care of yourself

Comment

Well sports fans.....it appears that it was only a matter of time. I have come down ill. To be tested on Tuesday. Its liked I just got stopped in my tracks by an oncoming train. WOW.

STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY.
                  Hope its just a cold or a mild case. Will be praying POPS.
                  I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Pops
                    Appreciate what you do and the fact you bring some sanity to the crazies on here.
                    Take care of yourself and speedy recovery
                    ]

Comment

STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY.
                      Stay strong Pops. I will pray for your speedy recovery and lets hope for best but prepare for the worst. You have way too much piss and vinegar to let this slow you down.

Comment

STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY.
                        Let us know.

Comment

Boys, you ain't seen nuthin' yet! Just wait until on or about October 1 which is the unofficial start of the regular flu season.....and coincidentally just a month before the election. Suddenly regular flu and covid flu cases will skyrocket and the the regular flu virus will be able to mate with the nasty, little covids producing a super flu bug and there will be no hope for humanity.
                          You guys who are scared now by the bs put out by MSM, CDC and dictatorial gov't agencies will be so scared then that you will not know what to do. Suddenly masks will not be effective. You must wear hazmat suits 24/7. Social distancing must be at least 20 ft. Humanity is doomed.
                          I know this is sarcasm but the public has been so easily convinced about the nasty, little covids, the MSM, etc., will be all over this opportunity. However, if Biden (God forbid) is elected, then all this stuff just miraculously goes away with a vaccine or just never was as bad as they thought. If Trump is reelected, it will stay but there will be something else even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                            Boys, you ain't seen nuthin' yet! Just wait until on or about October 1 which is the unofficial start of the regular flu season.....and coincidentally just a month before the election. Suddenly regular flu and covid flu cases will skyrocket and the the regular flu virus will be able to mate with the nasty, little covids producing a super flu bug and there will be no hope for humanity.
                            You guys who are scared now by the bs put out by MSM, CDC and dictatorial gov't agencies will be so scared then that you will not know what to do. Suddenly masks will not be effective. You must wear hazmat suits 24/7. Social distancing must be at least 20 ft. Humanity is doomed.
                            I know this is sarcasm but the public has been so easily convinced about the nasty, little covids, the MSM, etc., will be all over this opportunity. However, if Biden (God forbid) is elected, then all this stuff just miraculously goes away with a vaccine or just never was as bad as they thought. If Trump is reelected, it will stay but there will be something else even worse.

Please turn off Fox News. Watch a replay of an old WT game, go outside maybe, I dunno, anything but sounding like a recording of Tucker Carlson.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Please turn off Fox News. Watch a replay of an old WT game, go outside maybe, I dunno, anything but sounding like a recording of Tucker Carlson.
                              Turbonium, as always is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium
                                "Please turn off Fox News. Watch a replay of an old WT game, go outside maybe, I dunno, anything but sounding like a recording of Tucker Carlson." [/QUOTE]

Wow! Struck a nerve.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X