Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he meant "and also" as in that's another plan being looked at. Not playing both.

Comment

Looks like a decision was made today in Texas that public schools can remain closed for in-person instruction in the fall without losing state education funding.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

huh? So 2 seasons in back to back semesters during a pandemic? lol. If they play fall they wont play in spring. If they dont play in fall they *might* play in spring. Certainly they wont play in both.
        Maybe he meant

A - 7 games in the fall
        or
        B - 7 games in the spring

I don't think he meant both
        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

I wouldn't doubt the drive to flip the sports seasons goes into overdrive here real soon at both the high school and college levels. With counties here in Texas in the major metro areas restricting school openings and associated activities which includes sports until mid September or even early October, the UIL might not have any choice but to make the move. In relation to college ball, some of those restrictions are in place in Austin (UT) and are likely to include all the metro areas real soon where most of the big boy schools are located. At the end of the day, I don't think most of the big boy schools want to lose any potential TV revenue and if a plan can be presented to have a full season say from March to June, they might bite. I don't think the PAC 12 and BIG 10 really want to play a conference only schedule and would rather leave the door open to find a way to play their 2020 schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
            I think he meant "and also" as in that's another plan being looked at. Not playing both.
            Yes as in they are considering both options

AD's voted and recommended to the Presidents a Conference only schedule with a pushed back start date, but it wasn't unanimous a little less then half the AD's wanted to go ahead and scrap fall sports and look at spring options. LSC presidents are meeting today.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post

Yes as in they are considering both options

AD's voted and recommended to the Presidents a Conference only schedule with a pushed back start date, but it wasn't unanimous a little less then half the AD's wanted to go ahead and scrap fall sports and look at spring options. LSC presidents are meeting today.
              They issued a real beaut of a statement that says absolutely nothing: https://twitter.com/lonestarconf/sta...030760960?s=21

The Lone Star Conference Council of Presidents met via videoconference today to assess the status of fall sports due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The LSC will continue to monitor public health conditions along with local, state and NCAA guidelines to evaluate options for competition in the fall.

An announcement on the status of fall sports is expected by Monday, July 27.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

They issued a real beaut of a statement that says absolutely nothing: https://twitter.com/lonestarconf/sta...030760960?s=21

The Lone Star Conference Council of Presidents met via videoconference today to assess the status of fall sports due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The LSC will continue to monitor public health conditions along with local, state and NCAA guidelines to evaluate options for competition in the fall.

An announcement on the status of fall sports is expected by Monday, July 27.
                NM
                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Thanks texcap. Picked up the Texas Football magazine yesterday. Saw where Commerce is picked to win the conference with Angelo State second. Hopefully we are underway soon???

SMU qb is on the cover...haven't seen the Pony's in the spotlight in a long time!

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/time-to-fac...170634809.html

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                      I'd rather them do that than delay it a month or get halfway into it and cancel it. The thought of travelling to the north like we have to every year for playoffs games would be a nightmare for travel in December/January.
                      All that you need to do is look at the 1994 and 1995 MLB seasons. There was no World Series champion at all in 1994 due to a player strike and this season other than interleague game feels like it could be similar to the 1995 season that started late due to that same strike. If not for Cal's streak MLB may not have kept the national interest, although regional pockets with stories like Seattle making the playoffs for the first time ever and Mattingly finally making the playoffs in his final season would have kept some regional interest.

Comment

NM Highlands (RMAC) has said they have canceled all sports for the fall. Has or will Eastern and Western NM do the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                          NM Highlands (RMAC) has said they have canceled all sports for the fall. Has or will Eastern and Western NM do the same?
                          IMHO that will depend on the LSC announcement on Monday.
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

IMHO that will depend on the LSC announcement on Monday.
                            The governor has sent a letter out to UNM and NMSU asking them to not play, no indication if ENMU or Western were included. She probably doesn't even realize they play sports.
                            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

The governor has sent a letter out to UNM and NMSU asking them to not play, no indication if ENMU or Western were included. She probably doesn't even realize they play sports.
                              Maybe she knows that the attendance numbers for both schools allows for extreme social distancing :)

I kid I kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Maybe she knows that the attendance numbers for both schools allows for extreme social distancing :)

I kid I kid.
                                Probably....haha!!
                                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X