Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA 2020 FOOTBALL SEASON STARTING SPRING OF 2021

I am believing more and more that we might not be watching the "2020" college football season until the Spring of 2021, and then an abbreviated season at that.

It seems the NCAA will be making a decision to postpone the season within the next few weeks.

Comment

I'd rather them do that than delay it a month or get halfway into it and cancel it. The thought of travelling to the north like we have to every year for playoffs games would be a nightmare for travel in December/January.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        I'd rather them do that than delay it a month or get halfway into it and cancel it. The thought of travelling to the north like we have to every year for playoffs games would be a nightmare for travel in December/January.
        Hahaha. You mean the past 4 years?

Comment

Yes it's getting old lol

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
            When you are that far south you end up having to travel north. Whiner!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I guess Oklahoma is North. Sooooooooo.....

Comment

Playing in the spring would cause kids with NFL aspirations to opt out of the season . Citing such things as no time to recover from injuries before the NFL draft . Also, a lack of time to train for the draft .

Comment

Originally posted by olebuff View Post
                  Playing in the spring would cause kids with NFL aspirations to opt out of the season . Citing such things as no time to recover from injuries before the NFL draft . Also, a lack of time to train for the draft .
                  VERY good point. That never even crossed my mind.

Then of course, what happens with spring sports. Do they compete for TV time?

This entire thing is just a mess. I am concerned that 2020 may be an * season.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Hey I just want them to come here for once. My old body hates that cold travel

Comment

Yeah only having a 60 game MLB season feels weird to me. I couldnt imagine the NFL or College Football cutting it to 6 or 7 games. At this point either go big or go home.

Comment

My biggest concern with a spring season is if player that is not a senior gets hurt, say ACL or something in that manner....he will miss the remainder of the spring season, and most likely the fall 2021 season. There is just not enough recovery time if they decide to play spring and fall this year.

Comment

Originally posted by crown7 View Post
                          My biggest concern with a spring season is if player that is not a senior gets hurt, say ACL or something in that manner....he will miss the remainder of the spring season, and most likely the fall 2021 season. There is just not enough recovery time if they decide to play spring and fall this year.
                          Great point!

Hopefully, all this will be considered. As much as I hate to admit it, IF football is not going to be played this Fall, I would prefer they just * the season.

Comment

Just heard from our AD that the Ivy League will be announcing cancellation of fall sports sometime today.

Comment

ESPN radio in Dallas just said they're announcing that it's getting moved to spring. Who knows lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X