Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    I expect the SEC & ACC to try and play a Fall season.
    Big 12 will probably be next to fold. Then the ACC. SEC maybe 2 -3 games then fold.

Comment

• Not so fast....looks like Big 12 is going to try and play. Sec and acc as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        Not so fast....looks like Big 12 is going to try and play. Sec and acc as well.
        Not so fast what? IF they actually start playing, they will not finish. Then they are SCREWED. If they start Fall sports and have to cancel, they can not play in Spring (based on what NCAA is saying). It's either or.

I would prefer a FULL 10 games in Spring vs 2 or 3 in Fall.

Guess we shall see what happens.

All this so Saban and other coaches can get their BONUS $$. Oh, and the fat, good ol boys can eat weiners and suck on beer. NICE! 707070707

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Not so fast what? IF they actually start playing, they will not finish. Then they are SCREWED. If they start Fall sports and have to cancel, they can not play in Spring (based on what NCAA is saying). It's either or.

I would prefer a FULL 10 games in Spring vs 2 or 3 in Fall.

Guess we shall see what happens.

All this so Saban and other coaches can get their BONUS $$. Oh, and the fat, good ol boys can eat weiners and suck on beer. NICE! 707070707

Comment

• It would certainly be a challenge for the S&C programs and the athletes but if they finish up in May and start again in September that is a pretty healthy break. I don't think spring needs to become the new normal, I think we simply adjust a game a bit to try and get through a pandemic a bit easier and safer. A war of attrition like we've never seen? Seems a bit carried away lol.

Comment

• LSC Presidents/AD's are pushing a 5 game conference only schedule for the Spring. Actually hearing 50% schedule in all Fall Sports

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

It would certainly be a challenge for the S&C programs and the athletes but if they finish up in May and start again in September that is a pretty healthy break. I don't think spring needs to become the new normal, I think we simply adjust a game a bit to try and get through a pandemic a bit easier and safer. A war of attrition like we've never seen? Seems a bit carried away lol.
                That's a good point. You have to take into account they will be forgoing Spring Football which usually takes place from March into April and they won't be playing a full 12 game schedule or a bowl. It's plausible they could get a nine to 10 schedule in between March 1 and May 15.

Comment

• Valid points! Personally, I say cancel the season. NEXT.......

Comment

• This is an article every player, coach, and fan should read.....MAYBE it sheds light past the uninformed opinions.....

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_f...12680_32613281
                    Last edited by ASUPops; 08-13-2020, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• If the NCAA and universities want to prevent sports-related injuries and fatalities, they should just scrap collegiate athletics altogether.
                      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• I'm curious:

How many males between 16 and 24 have contracted covid?
                        What % is that of the total 16-24 male population?
                        Of those who get covid, what % is asymptomatic?
                        What % have mild reactions and no long-term effects?
                        What % get pretty sick with flu-like symptoms, but recover fully?
                        What % is hospitalized?
                        What % require ventilators?
                        What % fully recover?
                        What % become fatalities?

Ask this same question for the 16-24 year old males for the "regular" flu.
                        Ask about suicides.
                        Car wrecks.
                        Ask about all other causes of death from the 16-24 and under age group during the same time span..

Once that information provides some perspective, rational decisions can be made regarding the risk to male athletes.

Repeat for female athletes.

I'd like the answers to gain some perspective.

What is the actual risk for athletes 16-24 to die from covid?
                        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-13-2020, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• The Southland officially postponed until the Spring, but will allow members to play a non conference schedule if they wish which Central Arkansas intends on doing. Which begs the question if they will be allowed to play in Spring for conference and championship consideration?

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...football-slate

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                            I'm curious:

What % is hospitalized?
                            What % fully recover?

Ask about suicides.
                            Car wrecks.
                            Ask about all other causes of death from the 16-24 and under age group during the same time span..

Once that information provides some perspective, rational decisions can be made regarding the risk to male athletes.

Car accidents and suicides are not contagious. You can't have an asymptomatic or mild car accident that you take home to infect grandma.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                              I'm curious:

What % is hospitalized?
                              What % fully recover?

Ask about suicides.
                              Car wrecks.

Start Googling?

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post

Car accidents and suicides are not contagious. You can't have an asymptomatic or mild car accident that you take home to infect grandma.
                                That's true.

What about "regular" flu?
                                Tuberculosis?
                                Meningitus?
                                Measles?
                                Mumps?
                                Pneumonia (non-covid)?
                                Other infectious diseases?

Non-infectious like:
                                Cancer?
                                Diabetes?
                                Heart disease?
                                Kidney disease?
                                Liver disease?
                                Etc etc

What I'd really like to have (to have some perspective) is the projected #'s of college age players who will be at risk from permanent damage or dying, if they play FB (or any other sport) this year compared to other infectious diseases.

What are the numbers?
                                Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-13-2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X