Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alliance Football League

All the uniforms/names remind me of Any Given Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
      All the uniforms/names remind me of Any Given Sunday.
      They could use Cameron Diaz!

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        They could use Cameron Diaz!
        I've been waiting for Willie Beaman to enter the game all day.

Comment

I did catch some of the Memphis-Birmingham game this afternoon. Overall, the AAF is kinda sloppy for their first week, but I can't help but think the offenses are going to catch up to the defenses in the coming weeks.

San Diego-San Antonio made Super Bowl 53 look like Super Bowl 52 by comparison. My god, that was just horrible football.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I can't find box scores for any of the games. I noticed our old TE, Stehly Reden, is on the San Antonio team but don't know if had any passes thrown to him or not. Can't see total yards, rushing yards, QB stats, nada. If someone can find box scores please provide a link.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
              I can't find box scores for any of the games. I noticed our old TE, Stehly Reden, is on the San Antonio team but don't know if had any passes thrown to him or not. Can't see total yards, rushing yards, QB stats, nada. If someone can find box scores please provide a link.
              Yea this has been the complaint pretty much universally online. Stats are almost impossible to find. I know Reden had a couple targets in his game, I think he caught a pass or two.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                Yea this has been the complaint pretty much universally online. Stats are almost impossible to find. I know Reden had a couple targets in his game, I think he caught a pass or two.
                NoExtraPoints.com has stat tracking for the AAF.

Comment

It took me literally 10 seconds to find stats on the AAF website for last nights game?....

https://shop.aaf.com/wp-content/uplo...ok-AZ-SL-2.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                    It took me literally 10 seconds to find stats on the AAF website for last nights game?....

https://shop.aaf.com/wp-content/uplo...ok-AZ-SL-2.pdf
                    They all got put up this morning. There was nothing for any of the four games until this morning besides play-by-plays.

Edit: Guess Reden didn't even get a target? I was watching the game and remember seeing him out there and the announcers saying his name a couple times. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                      NoExtraPoints.com has stat tracking for the AAF.
                      Ha, I thought this was a joke post since they don't kick extra points, but it isn't!

Comment

They all got put up this morning. There was nothing for any of the four games until this morning besides play-by-plays.

Edit: Guess Reden didn't even get a target? I was watching the game and remember seeing him out there and the announcers saying his name a couple times. Oh well.
                        Yeah, that stuff wasn't up there earlier. The story was up but not any official stats. Good to see him on a roster. He was a really good player and hope he can contribute.

Comment

I watched some of the games. I think there is room for this and I hope they make it. I like the idea of the AAF (developmental/minor league) better than the XFL (entertainment).

I think ESPN and Fox Sports are purposely not reporting on it, as they don't have the broadcast contract. It reminds me of when ESPN lost the NHL contract years ago and then went on to basically eliminate reporting on the NHL altogether. Hockey went from being one of the 4 sports to being treated like it was bowling or billiards.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
                            I watched some of the games. I think there is room for this and I hope they make it. I like the idea of the AAF (developmental/minor league) better than the XFL (entertainment).

I think ESPN and Fox Sports are purposely not reporting on it, as they don't have the broadcast contract. It reminds me of when ESPN lost the NHL contract years ago and then went on to basically eliminate reporting on the NHL altogether. Hockey went from being one of the 4 sports to being treated like it was bowling or billiards.
                            Unfortunately these "minor" leagues come and go like the weather.

The one that lasted the longest was Arena football.

IMO, There is just too much young talent available each year for a developmental league to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                              Unfortunately these "minor" leagues come and go like the weather.

The one that lasted the longest was Arena football.

IMO, There is just too much young talent available each year for a developmental league to be successful.
                              I agree with the first part... BUT it appears this league is more like what Triple AAA ball is to the MLB to some extent. I watched some of one of the games this weekend and they mentioned the league consisted of 80% of players who were actually on NFL rosters at one time or another and many were not FA or lower round draft picks either. I would say it might be more of a second or third chance league and some will end up back on NFL rosters.

It was nice to see the Refs not being a factor and the QB not being treated with kid gloves

Comment

Luis played great! He had 4 very obvious drops, should have been 300+ easy.

Agreed on ESPN purposely not reporting on it due to the contract. I was on the ESPN gamecenter app trying to find box scores and they didnt even have the league listed. They literally have Badminton scores on there, but no AAF.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X