Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alliance Football League

For those who need an off season football fix, they have started playing in the new Alliance League. Games started tonight on CBS and will also be on tomorrow afternoon on CBSSN. Two former LSC QB's (Dustin Vaughn and Luis Perez) as well as a few other former LSC players are on several of the rosters.

Re: Alliance Football League

Originally posted by texcap View Post
    For those who need an off season football fix, they have started playing in the new Alliance League. Games started tonight on CBS and will also be on tomorrow afternoon on CBSSN. Two former LSC QB's (Dustin Vaughn and Luis Perez) as well as a few other former LSC players are on several of the rosters.
    Vaughn not playing tonight:bad:

Comment

Luis Perez is supposed to start tomorrow for Birmingham. He apparently beat out Blake Sims from Alabama. Can't wait.

Comment

I thought that the San Diego was going to catch the ball in the end zone on the last play- but it wouldn't have changed the outcome.

30,000 people there? That is a nice number.

Comment

Originally posted by WTAMU1975 View Post
          Vaughn not playing tonight:bad:
          Was Sergio kicking? I believe they also signed Khiry.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
            Was Sergio kicking? I believe they also signed Khiry.
            Khiry was released. Said his phone was to much of a distraction for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
              Khiry was released. Said his phone was to much of a distraction for him.
              Wow, seriously?

Comment

Perez had a good first half for the Iron.
                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I like the Birmingham colors but they should have the silver B on the side of the helmet. This look is too generic.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                    I like the Birmingham colors but they should have the silver B on the side of the helmet. This look is too generic.
                    It is very generic similar to Bama's uniforms. I assume, compared to the other teams, that was part of the plan.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                      It is very generic similar to Bama's uniforms. I assume, compared to the other teams, that was part of the plan.
                      Probably. I've never cared for helmets without any decal. So many nice looking ones out there that have them- you recognize them immediately from some other school. That silver B emblem is sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        Probably. I've never cared for helmets without any decal. So many nice looking ones out there that have them- you recognize them immediately from some other school. That silver B emblem is sharp.
                        I agree. Yet, I imagine the marketing folks are trying to draw in the state's fans with certain decisions. Bama has always been very generic with their uniform - which has barely changed for decades.

Fun (short) video about Bama's uniform:

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I love stuff like that.

I would like to see the A or big Al on the side of the helmet. At least they have the number on the side. I've always thought that Penn State had the worst helmets in FBS (except some of this modern puke stuff) and they could have great ones if they put the Nittany Lion on the side.

The Gophers also claim the 1941 National Championship. That was the year that Bruce Smith won their only Heisman Trophy. It happened right about the time of Pearl Harbor so it kind of got lost in the shuffle. I've tried to get them to put a statue of him next to the stadium but they are still too busy paying off fired coaches and ADs.

Comment

Great to see Luis Perez playing well! So tough nowadays for any D2 QB to go straight into the NFL. This league is a good way for him and other D2 players (like Ja'Quan Gardner) to get exposure and playing time to hopefully get onto some active NFL rosters down the road

Comment

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...rmingham-iron/

This article shows all the buzz on Perez today

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X