Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Sports Delayed - LSC

Given the uncertainty associated with COVID-19 and the need to fully assess the ability of member institutions to adhere to the NCAA guidelines for return to practice and competition, the Lone Star Conference Council of Presidents voted to delay the start of practice for all fall sports to no earlier than August 24, 2020. Fall sports competition, if subsequently approved by the Conference, will begin no earlier than the week of September 21, 2020.

The LSC Council of Presidents will reconvene before the start of the fall season to review updated public health information and any new directives or information from federal, state and local officials to make a final determination regarding fall sports.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Not LSC Related, the D III American Southwest Conference (Mary Hardin Baylor) has pushed to the spring. Could be a sign for other levels and conferences.

Comment

Guess what they mean is that fall sports is just hanging by a thread. Just another 30 days of uncertainty to go! Way to go LSC Presidents!

Comment

Hope we can get a conference only schedule in.

Comment

Don't bet on a Fall season, or any 2020 season.

Comment

What do people in the Land of Liberty (Lone Star Conference country) think about the different shut-down orders? I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. It's been a rough four months of perpetual "shelter-in-place" for us. It would be nice to (finally) get a haircut, buy some shoes or even eat at a restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
              What do people in the Land of Liberty (Lone Star Conference country) think about the different shut-down orders? I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. It's been a rough four months of perpetual "shelter-in-place" for us. It would be nice to (finally) get a haircut, buy some shoes or even eat at a restaurant.
              We have not been without challenges here. I "shelter-in-place" for March then began to restart a normal schedule. It's been easier for me being in an essential industry. I have several friends in the foodservice industry, They have had to close and will not be reopening. My wife has a compromised immune system so her outside contact is limited. My daughter lives in AZ and has been inside for 90 days. Hopefully, the LSC will go to a conference only schedule for FB to save part of the season. Hope this is not a new normal.

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
                Do the winos have to shelter in place or do they just go about their "normal" lives?

Comment

Looks like North American University will be coming to Canyon on September 5th. I had to look them up, they are in Houston and yet I've never heard of them. Their football schedule doesn't yet reflect the game against WT. They sound like a real juggernaut.

https://www.na.edu/athletics/schedule/

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                    Looks like North American University will be coming to Canyon on September 5th. I had to look them up, they are in Houston and yet I've never heard of them. Their football schedule doesn't yet reflect the game against WT. They sound like a real juggernaut.

https://www.na.edu/athletics/schedule/
                    I had to look them up as well. When will the University of Phoenix or Haskel Indian Nations show up on a schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

I had to look them up as well. When will the University of Phoenix or Haskel Indian Nations show up on a schedule?
                      KIngsville could always schedule Monterrey Tech again after that triple OT classic at Jerry world a few years back when Kingsville pulled off the upset. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

KIngsville could always schedule Monterrey Tech again after that triple OT classic at Jerry world a few years back when Kingsville pulled off the upset. :D
                        Now why did you have to bring that up? Salt in the wounds.

Comment

NCAA just cleared D1 schools to start in august

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                            NCAA just cleared D1 schools to start in august
                            Eastern just moved to online this Fall, so you can count them out. May end up being a 5 game schedule if the LSC allows the Texas schools to play. With both NM schools likely out is it even feasible

Comment

That's just silly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X