Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Normally that is true, but as you said, it's hard to find games. Tech might decide playing lowly WT would be better than having the night off.

Tarleton would be more likely, they are already playing several LSC opponents. Either way, it would be a blow out.
    Tech playing WT would be like WT playing Amarillo HS!

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

Tech playing WT would be like WT playing Amarillo HS!
      or like WT playing North American or Texas Wesleyan.

Comment

or like WT playing North American or Texas Wesleyan.
        The drop off between North American , Texas Wesleyan, or Amarillo HS might not be that big. When TAMUK played Texas Wesleyan a couple of years ago, they almost looked like a club football team and that's what this North American outfit looks like.

Comment

So this puts most LSC schools at 5 games and ineligible for the postseason. At some point you have to throw in the towel. It will be a wasted year of eligibility for lots of kids to play 5 and go home.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
            So this puts most LSC schools at 5 games and ineligible for the postseason. At some point you have to throw in the towel. It will be a wasted year of eligibility for lots of kids to play 5 and go home.
            Round robin for another 3 games, it was done for two years not so long ago. Might as well, the GNAC does it every year

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

The drop off between North American , Texas Wesleyan, or Amarillo HS might not be that big. When TAMUK played Texas Wesleyan a couple of years ago, they almost looked like a club football team and that's what this North American outfit looks like.
                There is such little information about North American. This may be the first year they have fielded a team. I can't find what level they are, but would guess NAIA. Their schedule is weak, except for WT and Ferris.

Comment

There is such little information about North American. This may be the first year they have fielded a team. I can't find what level they are, but would guess NAIA. Their schedule is weak, except for WT and Ferris.
                  I did some digging a couple of days ago. If I am remembering right they hope to apply to the NAIA in the future.

Comment

As much as I hate to say it and enjoy college football I agree with this statement. Even MLB is getting backed up with teams suspending their season and probably the hurricane affecting more games.

Are kids signing off on any type of COVID waiver to practice and play this year? My thought process is if a kid tragically passes from COVID either in practice or the season and the family sues coaches, the school, and the NCAA. Maybe I am overthinking it.

Either way shut down the sports and give it a shot in 2021.

Comment

whether or not the playoffs happen, the new rules for postseason eligibility was what I was referring to.

Comment

What about fewer games -- conference-only -- with two week intervals between them?

Comment

It looks like the NAIA teams in the SAC conference were given a green light to play three games this fall and 6 in the spring. I assume they can play their out of conference games in the Fall. WT and UTPB both have games scheduled against those schools, not sure who else

Comment

This article indicates WT may not play before 9/26. If so, the schedule should reflect that, but doesn't. https://www.wtamu.edu/news/2020/07/j...dest-part.html

That could mean the LSC teams cannot play each other until 9/26, but we have 2 games scheduled before that, one with North American, and the other with UTPB. https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/football/schedule

The real answer is probably "I don't know, nobody knows.".

Comment

I think you are right. If a season does start in the fall, I seriously doubt it would finish.

I am now not even optimistic about the NFL having/finishing a season.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I think you are right. If a season does start in the fall, I seriously doubt it would finish.

I am now not even optimistic about the NFL having/finishing a season.
                                Given the problems MLB is having, I agree.
                                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X