Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T Texas Tech womens basketball Toxic Culture

Check out USAToday website about The Toxic culture in women's basketball at TTU also Lubbock Avalance Journal. Wonder how this coach keeps her job. Thank God for WT!

She used to coach the Gophers. She was terrible. They played no defense at all. She bailed before the new AD could fire her and all rejoiced. I have NO idea why Tech hired her.

Comment

Why is she still coaching?? I'm thinking that recruiting just became impossible.
      Maybe some of the current girls end up at LSC schools.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Stollings has been fired. I Hope TT gets a good coach.

Comment

It's about time Tech hired either former WT coaches Krista Gerlich (former Tech AA on NC team and HC at UT-Arlington) or Mark Kellogg, HC at SFA. Both have good jobs. Both have done good jobs.

If I were the Tech AD, I would choose Kellogg. He's a player's coach. Great with x and o's. Very good recruiter. He's ready for the big time. Krista got out-coached several times at WT. I can only think of one time Mark screwed up during a game, but I would have done exactly as he did. It just didn't work out! Ha! Mark would have won many more games at WT, if he had been coaching Krista's teams. Tech wouldn't go wrong with either of them.

Plus I played some golf with Mark while he was at WT! He can stroke it.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            It's about time Tech hired either former WT coaches Krista Gerlich (former Tech AA on NC team and HC at UT-Arlington) or Mark Kellogg, HC at SFA. Both have good jobs. Both have done good jobs.

If I were the Tech AD, I would choose Kellogg. He's a player's coach. Great with x and o's. Very good recruiter. He's ready for the big time. Krista got out-coached several times at WT. I can only think of one time Mark screwed up during a game, but I would have done exactly as he did. It just didn't work out! Ha! Mark would have won many more games at WT, if he had been coaching Krista's teams. Tech wouldn't go wrong with either of them.

Plus I played some golf with Mark while he was at WT! He can stroke it.
            Careful what you wish for - you might get it.

Comment

Yeah. I heard thru the grapevine that a certain coach visited Tech Sunday afternoon and was offered the job. Subsequently, she/he turned it down to remain where she is. I bet she got another really good jump in pay at his/her current gig.
              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-13-2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I hope they take a serious look at Kellogg.

Comment

It's official. Gerlich is headed back to Lubbock.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                    It's official. Gerlich is headed back to Lubbock.
                    Wow! Good luck to her!

Comment

Yeah. I heard thru the grapevine that a certain coach visited Tech Sunday afternoon and was offered the job. Subsequently, she/he turned it down to remain where she is. I bet she got another really good jump in pay at his/her current gig.
                      Best info at the time. Then things changed. Good luck, Krista! Keep those top two players who wanted to transfer.

Comment

Best info at the time. Then things changed. Good luck, Krista! Keep those top two players who wanted to transfer.
                        Talk about the rebuilding of a program. Krista is an individual of unquestioned integrity, which is an attribute that will be needed and tested. IMHO she will start by recurring local talent that will fit her program then expand the circle. I would be surprised if she went the Juco quick fix. I'm guessing she has a five-year commitment from the administration. This will be an uphill battle for a good coach.

Comment

Gerlich was a shoe in. She played at TTU and they retired her #. Of COURSE Tech was gonna hire one of their own!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            Gerlich was a shoe in. She played at TTU and they retired her #. Of COURSE Tech was gonna hire one of their own!!
                            While this is true, those of us who know her personally know this is a really good fit for the school and the coach.
                            Watched her introduction presser this afternoon. The team was present. Two or three times she addressed the team and the current situation.
                            As she always is she was very open and honest. While rebuilding is a given, IMHO, it will not take as long as most think.
                            With no games this fall, at WT, and no championship this year, I will probably be making several trips to Lubbock - Guns Up
                            Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 08-19-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

While this is true, those of us who know her personally know this is a really good fit for the school and the coach.
                              Watched her introduction presser this afternoon. The team was present. Two or three times she addressed the team and the current situation.
                              As she always is she was very open and honest. While rebuilding is a given, IMHO, it will not take as long as most think.
                              With no games this fall, at WT, and no championship this year, I will probably be making several trips to Lubbock - Guns Up
                              Of COURSE TTU selected a great fit with a Student-athlete alum. One of THEIR own.

100% agree!!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X