X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA cancels D2 fall Championships for 2020

Will any teams still play?

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...-championships

Doubtful they play now. What do they play for? Conference championship? NM schools are not playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
      Doubtful they play now. What do they play for? Conference championship? NM schools are not playing.
      Only reason I think teams might play would be a shortened, less than 50% of games, that way players don't lose eligibility. And still could get some game experience for some younger players.

Comment

Injuries comes to mind with a shortened season, and for what? Game experience for younger players. Doubtful.

Comment

I wonder how many schools will drop Football all together?
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Comment

WT has announced:

While the NCAA decision is disappointing, it was not unexpected. We are working diligently on regular-season scheduling and other championship playing opportunities for our fall sports.
              The LSC Presidents Council will meet again Friday.

Maybe LSC play only??
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

This is exactly what some students will do. Specifically seniors.

Comment

Any schools who play will do so because their big $ booster(s) are demanding it or for other financial reasons. It WOULD NOT be for the STUDENT ATHLETE. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO GAIN.

Remember the risk/reward factor? In this case the risks far outweigh the rewards. In my opinion, only greedy, small minded people would subject the STUDENT ATHLETE to this.

Comment

Commerce has wiped the fall 2020 schedules for all sports from the website. Not looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      Any schools who play will do so because their big $ booster(s) are demanding it or for other financial reasons. It WOULD NOT be for the STUDENT ATHLETE. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO GAIN.

Remember the risk/reward factor? In this case the risks far outweigh the rewards. In my opinion, only greedy, small minded people would subject the STUDENT ATHLETE to this.
                      Since sports are cancelled, that means the kids have eliminated their risk of COVID. They are all moving to monasteries until this all blows over in 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                        WT has announced:

While the NCAA decision is disappointing, it was not unexpected. We are working diligently on regular-season scheduling and other championship playing opportunities for our fall sports.
                        The LSC Presidents Council will meet again Friday.

Maybe LSC play only??
                        Angelo State made a similar announcement

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                          Commerce has wiped the fall 2020 schedules for all sports from the website. Not looking good.
                          Actually, the football schedule says:

Schedule To Be Announced at a later date

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post

I could see kids dropping to 10-11 credits and work if football gets canceled and then potentially re enroll full time in the Spring or fall 2021.
                            Those are exactly my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Those are exactly my thoughts.

Wouldn't they also have to forego athletic scholarship $$$ ?
                              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X