Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo State Names New President

This came out two weeks ago, but I haven't seen anyone mention it on the board.

ASU named a sole finalist for the University President position.

I do not know much about Lt.Gen Hawkins, but I HOPE he loves sports, especially football!!

https://www.conchovalleyhomepage.com...ity-president/

I think it's pretty cool having a THREE STAR GENERAL leading a university.

Good choice.

Comment

Does anyone know or have any personal background on General Hawkins?

Comment

Hey Pops, hope you're doing well - General Hawkins was at ASU at the same time I was. He ran track on scholarship and was very good. I know him and I think he is probably a very good choice. He is sports minded and knows the importance of sports to athletes and to a school. What I like best: He is very well rounded and balanced, very determined to do things well, has tremendous discipline and is very well educated. The fact that he is from SA, an ASU grad...that attended ASU on an athletic scholarship...and has a storied military background make his selection an even better choice.

As you know, I am a big fan of Dr Brian May as are many if not most ASU alumni. But since we are in the situation of replacing the President I think Ronnie is a great choice.

Last edited by RamJam; 08-07-2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Has anyone heard why Dr. May resigned? It seemed sudden.
          Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
            Has anyone heard why Dr. May resigned? It seemed sudden.
            All I was told was he just bought a new ranch or farm and was wanting to work it fulltime.

I don't buy that reason for a second!!!!

But, I respect Dr May and his privacy, so I didn't push it any further.

I try my best to live by ol Hanks words.... "well, if you mind your business, you won't be mindin' mine".

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X