Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Day for LSC Fall Sports...

https://lonestarconference.org/news/...mpetition.aspx

This is going to be a nightmare to administer and schedule.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Agreed, but if there's a silver lining you're going to have a golden opportunity to be the only football being played in the spring if NFL and D1 play in fall. There's some unique opportunities there

Comment

I agree with LionFan assuming D1 and the NFL don't have to deal with complications very early like during training camp to the point they say they will defer to the spring as well.

Comment

It sucks, but it's the right call, and it's better than delaying the season 2 weeks every 2 weeks.

I bet we can still get some NAIA teams to come to Canyon in the Spring!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
            It sucks, but it's the right call, and it's better than delaying the season 2 weeks every 2 weeks.

I bet we can still get some NAIA teams to come to Canyon in the Spring!
            That would be good! A team WT might beat!
            Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
              Agreed, but if there's a silver lining you're going to have a golden opportunity to be the only football being played in the spring if NFL and D1 play in fall. There's some unique opportunities there
              One of them might be a head start on recruiting.
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Is COVID operating on a calendar year? I'm not understanding how sports will be played next spring, next fall, 2022, 23, 24. Is it going away? Even if you get a vaccine, the best efficacy you can achieve is probably 60%. I think sports are over unless we decide they aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                  Is COVID operating on a calendar year? I'm not understanding how sports will be played next spring, next fall, 2022, 23, 24. Is it going away? Even if you get a vaccine, the best efficacy you can achieve is probably 60%. I think sports are over unless we decide they aren't.
                  Nail On Head.

Comment

Major melt down for some folks that are die hard football LSC fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                      You are joking, RIGHT??

I mean surely you know how viruses work and the history of viruses, RIGHT??

1918....INFLUENZA was a novel virus. It sickened 45% of the world's population. It killed 50 MILLION people. That was with a world population of only 1.8 billion. Fast forward 101 years. 1 billion get the "flu" each year (worldwide) with 250k-500k deaths (worldwide). That's with a world population of over 7.8 billion.

NOW, we have influenza vaccines. BUT they only have between a 40%-60% efficacy. So, then why aren't 150+ million people dying each year? You SHOULD be able to answer that on your own.

The world has always dealt with novel viruses. Be it outbreak, epidemic, or pandemic. And many DEADLY viruses as well.

Rabies, left untreated, usually 100% of the times you die! I am sure you know the history of Rabies.

HIV..in the 1980's this was a sure death sentence. Today we have treatments that will reduce the viral load and raise t cells (CD4) from 0 back up to normal. There are drugs that can prevent you from getting HIV. The progress has been AMAZING....and in a short amount of time.

Smallpox. Ever heard of it? Do I have to go through its history?

Measles, Hepatitis, Yellow Fever...etc. I can go on, and on.....there have been so many viruses. MILLIONS? BILLIONS? TRILLIONS? Who knows the number?

The POINT is, we are currently in a PANDEMIC of a DEADLY NOVEL virus. We WILL produce a vaccine (vaccines) that WILL have an acceptable efficacy. We WILL invent anti-viral medicines to treat/prevent SARS-CoV 2 (like Oseltamivir, Zanamivir, and Peramivir were invented for Influenza). We will have immunity that will grow in populations (herd immunity). People will then have the antibodies to protect host cells. This will prevent disease or lessen the severity of the disease. It is a PROCESS. However, until then, we MUST use the tools we have to STOP the spread of the virus. I hear ignorant people making statements like "what are we supposed to stop living so Granny doesn't die? Granny is old and could die from cancer." MORONS, you are supposed to do your part and follow guidelines to prevent the virus from spreading, growing, and mutating....possibly into a strain that KILLS CHILDREN and YOUNG ADULTS and/or wipes out 300+MILLION people in one season!!!! This virus could have been almost gone, IF EVERYONE would have followed SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS. But, we are fighting against MORE than a novel virus. SAD!!! Viruses need a Host to survive. Take away the Host and the virus dies. This is NOT bacteria.

LISTEN.....we MUST allow the process and the viral evolution to take place. We MUST shelter in place if at all possible and when we venture out take SIMPLE precautions like wearing a mask, keeping social distancing, and washing our hands often. I mean is that too hard to follow? I would do that to save just ONE HUMAN LIFE! I would live my ENTIRE life like that if it would save your child, wife, or Granny. Geez!

I TRULY can not educate you thoroughly on virology and the human immune system via D2 Football Message Board. But, hopefully, this tiny, tiny, tiny skosh of information will help you understand how sports will be played in 2022, 2023, 2024, and beyond.

I believe people should KNOW what they are talking about before they make statements.....ESPECIALLY when we are dealing with a deadly virus. Misinformation or uneducated statements only hurt the fight. And believe me we are not only fighting a pandemic, we are fighting ignorance, fake news, misinformation, politics, social media, MEDIA, entitlement, egos...etc. It gets on my gat d@mn nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                        Major melt down for some folks that are die hard football LSC fans!
                        I LOVE the game of football. I am 100% DIE HARD. But, this doesn't phase me a bit. When it comes down to it....it's a GAME. In the grand scheme of things, this means absolutely NOTHING.

Comment

[QUOTE=Herb Street;n524859]Is COVID operating on a calendar year? I'm not understanding how sports will be played next spring, next fall, 2022, 23, 24. Is it going away? Even if you get a vaccine, the best efficacy you can achieve is probably 60%. I think sports are over unless we decide they aren't.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

You are joking, RIGHT??

I mean surely you know how viruses work and the history of viruses, RIGHT??

1918....INFLUENZA was a novel virus. It sickened 45% of the world's population. It killed 50 MILLION people. That was with a world population of only 1.8 billion. .

NOW, we have influenza vaccines. BUT they only have between a 40%-60% efficacy. So, then why aren't 150+ million people dying each year? You SHOULD be able to answer that on your own.
                            Out
                            The world has always dealt with novel viruses. Be it outbreak, epidemic, or pandemic. And many DEADLY viruses as well.

Rabies, left untreated, usually 100% of the times you die! I am sure you know the history of Rabies.

HIV..in the 1980's this was a sure death sentence. Today we have treatments that will reduce the viral load and raise t cells (CD4) from 0 back up to normal. There are drugs that can prevent you from getting HIV. The progress has been AMAZING....and in a short amount of time.

Smallpox. Ever heard of it? Do I have to go through its history?

Measles, Hepatitis, Yellow Fever...etc. I can go on, and on.....there have been so many viruses. MILLIONS? BILLIONS? TRILLIONS? Who knows the number?

The POINT is, we are currently in a PANDEMIC of a DEADLY NOVEL virus. We WILL produce a vaccine (vaccines) that WILL have an acceptable efficacy. We WILL invent anti-viral medicines to treat/prevent SARS-CoV 2 (like Oseltamivir, Zanamivir, and Peramivir were invented for Influenza). We will have immunity that will grow in populations (herd immunity). People will then have the antibodies to protect host cells. This will prevent disease or lessen the severity of the disease. It is a PROCESS. However, until then, we MUST use the tools we have to STOP the spread of the virus. I hear ignorant people making statements like "what are we supposed to stop living so Granny doesn't die? Granny is old and could die from cancer." MORONS, you are supposed to do your part and follow guidelines to prevent the virus from spreading, growing, and mutating....possibly into a strain that KILLS CHILDREN and YOUNG ADULTS and/or wipes out 300+MILLION people in one season!!!! This virus could have been almost gone, IF EVERYONE would have followed SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS. But, we are fighting against MORE than a novel virus. SAD!!! Viruses need a Host to survive. Take away the Host and the virus dies. This is NOT bacteria.

LISTEN.....we MUST allow the process and the viral evolution to take place. We MUST shelter in place if at all possible and when we venture out take SIMPLE precautions like wearing a mask, keeping social distancing, and washing our hands often. I mean is that too hard to follow? I would do that to save just ONE HUMAN LIFE! I would live my ENTIRE life like that if it would save your child, wife, or Granny. Geez!

I TRULY can not educate you thoroughly on virology and the human immune system via D2 Football Message Board. But, hopefully, this tiny, tiny, tiny skosh of information will help you understand how sports will be played in 2022, 2023, 2024, and beyond.

I believe people should KNOW what they are talking about before they make statements.....ESPECIALLY when we are dealing with a deadly virus. Misinformation or uneducated statements only hurt the fight. And believe me we are not only fighting a pandemic, we are fighting ignorance, fake news, misinformation, politics, social media, MEDIA, entitlement, egos...etc. It gets on my gat d@mn nerves.

Comment

You are incorrect. You must have gitten an F on your research paper.

While the exact # of deaths of any disease worldwide can never be known. Developed countries that kept death records (certificates) kept excellent records. The biggest problem is the numbers are WAY TOO LOW as undeveloped countries didnt even record # of illnesses or deaths.

BUT, as USUAL, you completely missed the ENTIRE point of my post. As you do most others. Congrats on staying consistant and keeping your record of such perfection.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X